FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Gameloft working on tegra 3 optimization!!!!

693 posts
Thanks Meter: 165
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th October 2012, 03:13 PM |#21  
The-Last-Hylian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

correction it uses 1 core out of 4 CPU cores i wasnt talking about GPU

CPU can be used to accelerate all the particles and physics processing, which GL chose to ignore the extra 3 cores

looking at Nova3 you can see its smooth but once you have around 3 enemies with their phsycis simluation, it lags bad, the CPU is the ideal place to deal wtih physics and ragdoll but yea, what can i say, its GL, they are spoiled and like the GPU to do all the job and not bother with multithreaded coding

I stand corrected
 
 
25th October 2012, 05:41 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,095
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr

One thing I don't get is some Gameloft titles run ok on dual core phones but those exact same titles run laggy on quad core Tegra 3 phones. Can't remember exactly which games those are.

Because Snapdragon S4 is basically 2 Cortex A15 and Tegra 3 is 4 Cortex A9
25th October 2012, 05:43 PM |#23  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 17,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

Because Snapdragon S4 is basically 2 Cortex A15 and Tegra 3 is 4 Cortex A9

thats no true its not A15 and gameloft games are with ZERO effects on snapdragon,, on Nova3 u dont even get the glass reflection shader

and finally u already have abundance of CPU power on Tegra 3, its the GPU that matters for gameloft games
25th October 2012, 05:54 PM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,095
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

thats no true its not A15 and gameloft games are with ZERO effects on snapdragon,, on Nova3 u dont even get the glass reflection shader

and finally u already have abundance of CPU power on Tegra 3, its the GPU that matters for gameloft games

Ok, fair enough, you've done the experiments. But if they are single threaded then a core that's 40% faster can't be a bad thing.
25th October 2012, 06:08 PM |#25  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 17,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

Ok, fair enough, you've done the experiments. But if they are single threaded then a core that's 40% faster can't be a bad thing.

yes but these games are originally designed to run on the iPad2 and iPhone 4s both featuring a dual core 800-100mhz A9 processors

our single A9 core is 1200-1400mhz

so the core is not the issue

Gameloft is barely using the CPU to begin with

remember the old PC games days before multicore CPUs showed up? it was all the GPU, the situation is similar, its pretty clear GL is still not taking advantage of multicore CPUs
25th October 2012, 06:19 PM |#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,095
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

yes but these games are originally designed to run on the iPad2 and iPhone 4s both featuring a dual core 800-100mhz A9 processors

our single A9 core is 1200-1400mhz

so the core is not the issue

Gameloft is barely using the CPU to begin with

remember the old PC games days before multicore CPUs showed up? it was all the GPU, the situation is similar, its pretty clear GL is still not taking advantage of multicore CPUs

I got ya', the games are GPU bound.
25th October 2012, 09:55 PM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

Because Snapdragon S4 is basically 2 Cortex A15 and Tegra 3 is 4 Cortex A9

What I was referring to earlier when I said dual core phones, was old dual core phones like the S2 and Optimus 2X. I've read here somewhere in xda that one particular game ran ok on his Optimus 2X but was laggy on his Optimus 4X HD.
25th October 2012, 10:03 PM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123
 
Donate to Me
More
In confused then. If would expect this kind of things for old phones. Not modern day. Why can't the tegra 3 just play all games. And why do game manufacturers remove graphics. If even Qualcomm doesn't have full effects what is the reason. They should be more than capable by know to run these games with full effects

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
26th October 2012, 06:37 AM |#29  
Junior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yeah. i tested Letīs Golf 3 and it runs better in my Atrix than my Nexus 7, yet playable... itīs a shame
GL sucks hard
26th October 2012, 12:36 PM |#30  
hamdir's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 17,129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin985

In confused then. If would expect this kind of things for old phones. Not modern day. Why can't the tegra 3 just play all games. And why do game manufacturers remove graphics. If even Qualcomm doesn't have full effects what is the reason. They should be more than capable by know to run these games with full effects

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Its not the manufacturers fault, game devs are finding it hard to support so many different chip sets on android, aka fragmentation

Still GL is big enough to do better especially since tegra 3 ruled most of 2012
26th October 2012, 01:05 PM |#31  
joewong1991's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,093
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

Its not the manufacturers fault, game devs are finding it hard to support so many different chip sets on android, aka fragmentation

Still GL is big enough to do better especially since tegra 3 ruled most of 2012

It still is in my eyes t3 all the way to t4 nvidia all the way

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes