Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gameloft working on tegra 3 optimization!!!!

Tip us?

The-Last-Hylian
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
correction it uses 1 core out of 4 CPU cores i wasnt talking about GPU

CPU can be used to accelerate all the particles and physics processing, which GL chose to ignore the extra 3 cores

looking at Nova3 you can see its smooth but once you have around 3 enemies with their phsycis simluation, it lags bad, the CPU is the ideal place to deal wtih physics and ragdoll but yea, what can i say, its GL, they are spoiled and like the GPU to do all the job and not bother with multithreaded coding
I stand corrected
Device: HTC One - ARHD 71.1 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat | HTC Sense 6.0 | TWRP v2.6.3.3
Nexus 7 - Stock

Feel free to Thank me anytime

Gaijintensity
HTC One (M8) - Mega Tech Discussion Thread >>
My Guide: The Ultimate Stock to Custom ROM awesomeness Thread - Noob Friendly

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr View Post
One thing I don't get is some Gameloft titles run ok on dual core phones but those exact same titles run laggy on quad core Tegra 3 phones. Can't remember exactly which games those are.
Because Snapdragon S4 is basically 2 Cortex A15 and Tegra 3 is 4 Cortex A9

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
thats no true its not A15 and gameloft games are with ZERO effects on snapdragon,, on Nova3 u dont even get the glass reflection shader

and finally u already have abundance of CPU power on Tegra 3, its the GPU that matters for gameloft games

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 929
Quote:
thats no true its not A15 and gameloft games are with ZERO effects on snapdragon,, on Nova3 u dont even get the glass reflection shader

and finally u already have abundance of CPU power on Tegra 3, its the GPU that matters for gameloft games
Ok, fair enough, you've done the experiments. But if they are single threaded then a core that's 40% faster can't be a bad thing.

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13242
Quote:
Ok, fair enough, you've done the experiments. But if they are single threaded then a core that's 40% faster can't be a bad thing.
yes but these games are originally designed to run on the iPad2 and iPhone 4s both featuring a dual core 800-100mhz A9 processors

our single A9 core is 1200-1400mhz

so the core is not the issue

Gameloft is barely using the CPU to begin with

remember the old PC games days before multicore CPUs showed up? it was all the GPU, the situation is similar, its pretty clear GL is still not taking advantage of multicore CPUs

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 929
Quote:
yes but these games are originally designed to run on the iPad2 and iPhone 4s both featuring a dual core 800-100mhz A9 processors

our single A9 core is 1200-1400mhz

so the core is not the issue

Gameloft is barely using the CPU to begin with

remember the old PC games days before multicore CPUs showed up? it was all the GPU, the situation is similar, its pretty clear GL is still not taking advantage of multicore CPUs
I got ya', the games are GPU bound.

Sharpshooterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
What I was referring to earlier when I said dual core phones, was old dual core phones like the S2 and Optimus 2X. I've read here somewhere in xda that one particular game ran ok on his Optimus 2X but was laggy on his Optimus 4X HD.

Nitin985
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
In confused then. If would expect this kind of things for old phones. Not modern day. Why can't the tegra 3 just play all games. And why do game manufacturers remove graphics. If even Qualcomm doesn't have full effects what is the reason. They should be more than capable by know to run these games with full effects

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Phone:HTC one x
Rom:Stock Jelly bean
BEST PHONE EVER

Phone: HTC desire S-OFF
Rom: ICS

twitter: @nitin985
please press thanks if i have helped you

chuck norris has an android phone !!!!

BTr_RJ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah. i tested Letīs Golf 3 and it runs better in my Atrix than my Nexus 7, yet playable... itīs a shame
GL sucks hard

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin985 View Post
In confused then. If would expect this kind of things for old phones. Not modern day. Why can't the tegra 3 just play all games. And why do game manufacturers remove graphics. If even Qualcomm doesn't have full effects what is the reason. They should be more than capable by know to run these games with full effects

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Its not the manufacturers fault, game devs are finding it hard to support so many different chip sets on android, aka fragmentation

Still GL is big enough to do better especially since tegra 3 ruled most of 2012