Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

CM9/CM10 T-Mobile wifi calling?

OP dvno

6th September 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnichols189

WiFi calling can be set up on any ROM. Not T-Mobile WiFi calling, but free WiFi calling nonetheless. There are plenty if tutorials floating around.

And it will never be built into official CM source.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Thanks for the info. I'm curious why it would never be shipped with the official ROM? The T-Mobile WiFi calling appears to be open source: http://code.google.com/p/the-ims-ope...t-for-android/ . Is there a different reason it wouldn't ship with stock CM10 or are you just guessing?
The Following User Says Thank You to KevlarTheGreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2012, 12:59 AM   |  #22  
heygrl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Las Vegassss
Thanks Meter: 42
 
1,959 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
He's talking about some lame SIP/VOIP solution, not what WiFi calling is. It could be integrated but there's not enough demand apparently.
7th September 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #23  
genardas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnichols189

WiFi calling can be set up on any ROM. Not T-Mobile WiFi calling, but free WiFi calling nonetheless. There are plenty if tutorials floating around.

And it will never be built into official CM source.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Could you be kind of enough to post a link to one of these guides. Thanks!
7th September 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #24  
joshnichols189's Avatar
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,393
 
6,940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heygrl

He's talking about some lame SIP/VOIP solution, not what WiFi calling is. It could be integrated but there's not enough demand apparently.

I don't see you offering a better alternative

Sent from my SGH-T999
Last edited by joshnichols189; 7th September 2012 at 01:20 AM.
11th September 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Wifi calling?
I really hope they have it eventually. I get zero reception in my apartment either and I'll miss that feature. Is there any way at all to do it?
12th September 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #26  
bossman137's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sandy
Thanks Meter: 52
 
236 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Ok What i would love is for the two guys so confident that wifi calling won't be or can't be incorperated into a cm build, to add one or two more lines to their post backing their claim, because as it stands they are just being trolls

lol watch i can do it to.
GUYS you need to just trust me when I say I can gaurantee each and every one of you a wifi calling app will be included in tonights nightly.... see how useless that is you two.
The Following User Says Thank You to bossman137 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #27  
joshnichols189's Avatar
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,393
 
6,940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman137

Ok What i would love is for the two guys so confident that wifi calling won't be or can't be incorperated into a cm build, to add one or two more lines to their post backing their claim, because as it stands they are just being trolls

lol watch i can do it to.
GUYS you need to just trust me when I say I can gaurantee each and every one of you a wifi calling app will be included in tonights nightly.... see how useless that is you two.

Try Googling it, you can set up a SIP/VoIP number to call your Google Voice number if you have one and use WiFi for the calls.

Sent from my SGH-T999
13th September 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #28  
jet8300's Avatar
Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 6
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
What I would like is someone to post some facts regarding whether or not wifi calling could be eventually added. Not speculation or hearsay.

I really want to switch to CM but I can not afford to give up wi-fi calling. I have miserable cell tower service in my home and that's an understatement. So please, anyone with some solid facts?
13th September 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #29  
joshnichols189's Avatar
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,393
 
6,940 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet8300

What I would like is someone to post some facts regarding whether or not wifi calling could be eventually added. Not speculation or hearsay.

I really want to switch to CM but I can not afford to give up wi-fi calling. I have miserable cell tower service in my home and that's an understatement. So please, anyone with some solid facts?

Well if facts are what you're looking for keep looking or go ask someone from CM directly. It likely won't be added in unless someone starts building unofficial builds with it.

Sent from my SGH-T999
2nd October 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #30  
dvno's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...904120&page=21

Look at post #203 from the developer x0xhellx0x. Sounds promising....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes