FORUMS

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

wi-fi tether issues

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By cardsfan01, Junior Member on 19th July 2012, 04:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th August 2012, 05:57 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by just lou

I use Foxfi. No issues at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

i got foxfi to work also I would like to know if there is a usb solution.

16th August 2012, 02:07 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
There is a way to direct network traffic over USB if you are hooked up and using ADB on the host. I made it work so,e time ago for a project, but don't recall the details off-hand.

Look around in some of the other forums for other Android devices, it isn't specific to the Nexus 7 at all. You will see a lot of threads about trying to tether a PC to a phone over USB, to use the cellular network, but there are some discussions about using it in reverse too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
16th August 2012, 02:10 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sr post 10 post i send topic..

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app
16th August 2012, 07:18 PM |#34  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,324

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoMan88

I managed to tether through wi-fi and bluetooth. Try using a CM7 RCA rom, or something off of here if you like. The built in features for 2.3 and up are great for tethering over wi-fi. Just make sure the rom supports it now since Im using CM10 and for right now wi-fi tethering does not work. Best of luck to you.

CM10 supports tethering, however WPA/WPA2 tethering was broken on devices with bcmdhd wifi until I fixed it earlier this week. Some devices may not have the fix enabled yet (It has to be enabled on a per-device basis, since the "fix" will break devices that don't need it.)

If you have a device that doesn't have the fix yet, try setting the security to "Open" until your device has the fix pulled in.
18th August 2012, 07:40 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What tethering app are you using on the iPhone? I can't find one that works on my iPhone, locked .

18th August 2012, 09:23 AM |#36  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I use internet sharing on my HTC Trophy, works a treat, no issues at all but then again it is Windows Phone 7...........
18th August 2012, 11:33 AM |#37  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,050

More
I can confirm foxfi works flawlessly also. That app is amazing. Plus it allows tether at higher speeds than normal. Even better than wireless tether app.
19th August 2012, 09:19 PM |#38  
Flag Blackpool, Lancashire. UK. North/West.
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I have my N7 connected to my Galaxy S2 HSPA+ connection with a stock WPA2 encrypted wifi tether. It works blisteringly silky smooth.

24th October 2012, 07:38 PM |#39  
Flag Gelnhausen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

If you have a device that doesn't have the fix yet, try setting the security to "Open" until your device has the fix pulled in.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II and it doesn't work. So what do I have to do to receive this fix?
14th January 2013, 02:20 AM |#40  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,698

More
Hey Entropy512, mind sharing what change needs to be made on the device side to get native WiFi tethering working with the bcmdhd driver?
14th January 2013, 04:27 AM |#41  
Flag Metro NY/NE Region
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Have VZW (CDMA carrier) unlimited 3G data plan on the unlocked, rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2 running Skyraider custom rom, came with WiFi Hotspot or Tethering App, runs great - using WPA2 mode - works great with iPad, (retired) Viewsonic Vpad7 and now N7 when I'm at places or mobile with no WiFi access otherwise.

Newer custom Roms have issues with tethering app, but I have 1 or 2 other alternate ones that also work - so the HTC serve as the hotspot for the N7, sometimes alongside with the iPad - not burning a lot of data on the network so it's all good.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread