Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[LIST] Best Games for the TF700

OP KilerG

20th July 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #11  
fortunz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag inside
Thanks Meter: 104
 
814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Do many games support keyboard controls? My PC's PSU is awaiting replacement or I'd try some splashtop (or whatever asus calls it) gaming with steam. Touchscreen controls never exactly wowed me, save for casual or top down strategy like tower defense, and accelerometer controls have just never wowed me at all.
20th July 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #12  
KilerG's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunz

Do many games support keyboard controls? My PC's PSU is awaiting replacement or I'd try some splashtop (or whatever asus calls it) gaming with steam. Touchscreen controls never exactly wowed me, save for casual or top down strategy like tower defense, and accelerometer controls have just never wowed me at all.

I think some do actually. I think GTA III supports keyboards, I also think that CS Portable might work too.
The Following User Says Thank You to KilerG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2012, 05:05 AM   |  #13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Even though I've got a bunch of other THD/marketplace games, I find myself playing emulators more often than official android developed games!

My favorite is yongzh's N64oid. Runs better than Mupen64 Plus AE in my opinion, and all the games I have tried have been very smooth on the infinity. Super Smash Bros, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Kirby, Mario Kart, etc, etc all run near-perfect, emulate at native resolution, and look amazing on the TF700. Add an HD texture pack (ex: 1 2 3) and it the graphic quality will rival or surpass most new android games!
Last edited by modulator03; 20th July 2012 at 05:53 AM.
20th July 2012, 06:11 AM   |  #14  
KilerG's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulator03

Even though I've got a bunch of other THD/marketplace games, I find myself playing emulators more often than official android developed games!

My favorite is yongzh's N64oid. Runs better than Mupen64 Plus AE in my opinion, and all the games I have tried have been very smooth on the infinity. Super Smash Bros, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Kirby, Mario Kart, etc, etc all run near-perfect, emulate at native resolution, and look amazing on the TF700. Add an HD texture pack (ex: 1 2 3) and it the graphic quality will rival or surpass most new android games!

Wow I didn't even know people made full re-texture packs. That's actually quite cool! I'll be putting some of those in N64oid, that was one thing I didn't like about playing emulators, the textures look awful when stretched to 1080p.
20th July 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #15  
Svashtar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kranj
Thanks Meter: 37
 
271 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
I know majority here probably wants some 3d and heavy graphics games list, but I simply love simple and addictive games.
New star on my list: Auralux. Crazy!
20th July 2012, 10:25 AM   |  #16  
KilerG's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svashtar

I know majority here probably wants some 3d and heavy graphics games list, but I simply love simple and addictive games.
New star on my list: Auralux. Crazy!

I included some simple, casual games along with the heavy hitters.
20th July 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilerG

Wow I didn't even know people made full re-texture packs. That's actually quite cool! I'll be putting some of those in N64oid, that was one thing I didn't like about playing emulators, the textures look awful when stretched to 1080p.

Just tried dijipi's pack for OOT and super smash bros HD pack, both working great on N64oid, doesn't seem to slow it down at all!
Here are all available (WIP or Complete) texture packs for N64.
21st July 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
If you like pinball gotta try zen pinball thd. Free in play store, comes with free table
21st July 2012, 08:00 AM   |  #19  
KilerG's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I played it. It's pretty, but fairly boring over time...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
21st July 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #20  
fortunz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag inside
Thanks Meter: 104
 
814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Sentinel 3 is my third favorite Tower Defense game. I haven't really had a device up to playing it for months.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...entinel3&hl=en

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes