Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
1. You need to first download the textures you want. Usually googling "N64 texture packs" gets the job done. Or name of the game Star Fox 64 Texture Packs(or hacks)
2. After you download your texture pack, unzip it. There should be a single folder, inside that folder you should see more folders called Characters, Ingame, Text, etc. (Depending on the game)
3. Move that folder to your SD Card \.n64oid\hires_texture\ (So if we downloaded a super smash bros texture it would look like \.n64oid\hires_texture\SMASH BROTHERS)
4. Next the name of the folder must match the "Rom Name" of your n64 game rom. To know the Rom Name:
-Open the folder where your roms are (File > Open)
-Right Click on the rom and select Rom Properties
-Look at the "Rom Name" value, that is what the folder needs to be named.
5. Open N64oid, go to Settings > Engine settings > Enable external textures. And turn those on.
6. Start the game up and all should be fine."
My folders are "STARFOX64", "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA", SMASH BROTHERS", etc.
Texture packs in .dat form (glide64 plugin version) will NOT work, unfortunately. You have to use unpacked versions that just have the .png files, etc.
Here is a version of djipi's cell pack that is unpacked and compatible with n64oid. (not in .dat form.)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|