Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[LIST] Best Games for the TF700

OP KilerG

21st July 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #21  
timrock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
1,286 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Words with Friends wont even open after i log in. anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
21st July 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #22  
zeus34's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 241
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilerG

Wow I didn't even know people made full re-texture packs. That's actually quite cool! I'll be putting some of those in N64oid, that was one thing I didn't like about playing emulators, the textures look awful when stretched to 1080p.



do you have instructions on how to get Zelda textures to work?

I try and try...
21st July 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #23  
KilerG's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus34

do you have instructions on how to get Zelda textures to work?

I try and try...

I just searched texture packs on N64oid on Google....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
22nd July 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #24  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus34

do you have instructions on how to get Zelda textures to work?

I try and try...

"
1. You need to first download the textures you want. Usually googling "N64 texture packs" gets the job done. Or name of the game Star Fox 64 Texture Packs(or hacks)

2. After you download your texture pack, unzip it. There should be a single folder, inside that folder you should see more folders called Characters, Ingame, Text, etc. (Depending on the game)

3. Move that folder to your SD Card \.n64oid\hires_texture\ (So if we downloaded a super smash bros texture it would look like \.n64oid\hires_texture\SMASH BROTHERS)

4. Next the name of the folder must match the "Rom Name" of your n64 game rom. To know the Rom Name:
-Download Tool64
-Open the folder where your roms are (File > Open)
-Right Click on the rom and select Rom Properties
-Look at the "Rom Name" value, that is what the folder needs to be named.

5. Open N64oid, go to Settings > Engine settings > Enable external textures. And turn those on.

6. Start the game up and all should be fine."

My folders are "STARFOX64", "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA", SMASH BROTHERS", etc.

Texture packs in .dat form (glide64 plugin version) will NOT work, unfortunately. You have to use unpacked versions that just have the .png files, etc.

Here is a version of djipi's cell pack that is unpacked and compatible with n64oid. (not in .dat form.)
http://ia600306.us.archive.org/19/it...endOfZelda.rar
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modulator03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2012, 01:41 AM   |  #25  
Keion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Danville, California
Thanks Meter: 350
 
1,312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
I call angry birds butt hurt birds

Sent from my 3d porn machine.
22nd July 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #26  
d14b0ll0s's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 446
 
1,207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeoxys

I call angry birds butt hurt birds

Sent from my 3d porn machine.

Are you high, mate?
22nd July 2012, 05:26 AM   |  #27  
KilerG's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d14b0ll0s

Are you high, mate?

All of his posts are...interesting lol. I wouldn't be surprised at this point.
22nd July 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #28  
zeus34's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 241
 
157 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modulator03

"
1. You need to first download the textures you want. Usually googling "N64 texture packs" gets the job done. Or name of the game Star Fox 64 Texture Packs(or hacks)

2. After you download your texture pack, unzip it. There should be a single folder, inside that folder you should see more folders called Characters, Ingame, Text, etc. (Depending on the game)

3. Move that folder to your SD Card \.n64oid\hires_texture\ (So if we downloaded a super smash bros texture it would look like \.n64oid\hires_texture\SMASH BROTHERS)

4. Next the name of the folder must match the "Rom Name" of your n64 game rom. To know the Rom Name:
-Download Tool64
-Open the folder where your roms are (File > Open)
-Right Click on the rom and select Rom Properties
-Look at the "Rom Name" value, that is what the folder needs to be named.

5. Open N64oid, go to Settings > Engine settings > Enable external textures. And turn those on.

6. Start the game up and all should be fine."

My folders are "STARFOX64", "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA", SMASH BROTHERS", etc.

Texture packs in .dat form (glide64 plugin version) will NOT work, unfortunately. You have to use unpacked versions that just have the .png files, etc.

Here is a version of djipi's cell pack that is unpacked and compatible with n64oid. (not in .dat form.)
http://ia600306.us.archive.org/19/it...endOfZelda.rar

Big thanks my problem dat texture packs
The Following User Says Thank You to zeus34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #29  
KilerG's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I forgot to mention that they made Dead Trigger free to play. Not sure at what point they'll make you pay, but it's a good game so far. I still don't like touch screen shooters, but the controls are about as good as CS Portable

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
23rd July 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
305 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Nova. 3 is the best hands down.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes