[ROM][JB][CM10][PORT]Jellybean Port from Desire S (12/06/2012)
I present to you a Jellybean ROM port! i know cnote has already released one, but the more variety the better? perhaps...we shall see
first off, i would like to thank:
-nk111: for letting me use his ROM to port. link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1776256
-elginsk8r: for the kernel. awesome!
-aaraya1516: for his never ending help in compiling the kernel and files for me. thank you!!
-Cnote: for letting me use his ROM as a base
-Synthetic.nightmare: for his kernel, and for still teaching me things. what a good teacher/dev
-ckisgen: for helping me fix an important bug regarding SD card
-the other devs
-the xda peeps here
onto the ROM
Here are some screenshots! Give thanks to this user: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=125
-camera!! yes, it works
-CM stuff, like weather on lockscreen, a power menu that can reboot, go into recovery, etc.
-thats all i know for now. the rest is the basic stuff, like wifi, bluetooth, etc.
what doesnt work:
-i am not too sure myself, so if anyone wants to keep looking for stuff, please do and inform us so i can put it under here
-heat issues because of the kernel. With pretty much anything that requires audio and having headphones inserted will cause the phone to heat up
1. wipe all /system, /cache/ dalvik-cache, and /data
2. flash ROM
3. flash gapps
4. flash LowMicFix.zip (so Google Now and other apps can recognize voice better. mic is too soft)
1. just flash it without wiping system, data, etc.
2. flash gapps
3. flash LowMicFix.zip
link to ROM: http://d-h.st/users/chickenfactory/?fld_id=4125#files
- 12-06-2012 (latest)
link to gapps: http://goo.im
kernels that work with this ROM: http://d-h.st/users/chickenfactory/?fld_id=4798#files
here are the changes for the latest build:
- synced up to cm repo as of 12/06
Originally Posted by mic213
Removing the debug.composition.type=c2d line from the build.prop fixed the graphic glitches when unlocking the phone
- if you want to record video, download videocam illusion. go into the settings, and change the audio frequency from 48kHz to 44.1kHz. there ya go, recording!
- dont want a green line on your 5mp pics? check out Camera JB+ on the play store (or if you can find it elsewhere ). it works fine for me
- full wiping from time to time may help in the lagginess of the ROM. this one is up to the user
- a cache and dalvik cache wipe may be effective. also, fix permissions. that can be helpful as well
if i have helped you, please click the "thanks" button
Phone: Google Nexus 4
ROM: CM 10.2
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ROM: CM 10.2
Phone: T-Mobile myTouch 4G (R.I.P.)
ROM: my Jellybean port