Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 48,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

d2-tmo/att/vzw-ICS/JB[017]kernel for AOSP/AOKP/CM9/10.1 ROMs[Mar-12] + FauxSound

Tip us?

hiazn
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcor3 View Post
Please answer some questions about which its compatible for

Sent from my SGH-T999
Its in the title of the thread. Also if unsure flash it, if it doesn't work then reflash the one you know works.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
Don't be lazy forum search is there for a reason!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

T-Mobile HTC M8
Acer Iconia A100
In retirement - SG Note 3.. SGSIV... T-Mobile G.Note II... Kindle Fire... T-Mobile SGS3... Intl HTC One X...T-Mobile Samsung GSII,.. AT&T Samsung G Note,.. T-Mobile Amaze 4g,.. T-Mobile Sensation,.. T-Mobile HD7,.. T-Mobile G2x,.. T-Mobile HD2 x 2,.. HTC Touch Pro,.. HTC Touch Dual. . .Asian - 16 Key and USA - 20 Key

seksmeup
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiazn View Post
Its in the title of the thread. Also if unsure flash it, if it doesn't work then reflash the one you know works.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
I can see why he might be confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123 View Post
NOTICE: This is COMPATIBLE with ALL Cyanogenmod-based ROMs
It won't work with CM10, so if that's what he wants to know, it's understandable.

faux123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33691

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksmeup View Post
I can see why he might be confused:

It won't work with CM10, so if that's what he wants to know, it's understandable.
The title clearly said CM9... so my statement is still true.. It is compatible with ALL cyanogenmod based ROM that's derived from CM9.

The reason I don't want to add CM10 kernel support is because CM team is busily working on getting rid of all kernel based bugs for Jelly Bean... I rather directly contribute to CM10 kernel development than trying to add more bugs and confuse the bug reports to CM because they are running my kernel instead of the default kernel for CM10 (if they truly want to contribute to making CyanogenMod a stable ROM, they should run everything default and report all bugs rather than switching to another kernel which may worsen the problem further).
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ipaq_101
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
The title clearly said CM9... so my statement is still true.. It is compatible with ALL cyanogenmod based ROM that's derived from CM9.

The reason I don't want to add CM10 kernel support is because CM team is busily working on getting rid of all kernel based bugs for Jelly Bean... I rather directly contribute to CM10 kernel development than trying to add more bugs and confuse the bug reports to CM because they are running my kernel instead of the default kernel for CM10 (if they truly want to contribute to making CyanogenMod a stable ROM, they should run everything default and report all bugs rather than switching to another kernel which may worsen the problem further).
Hey it's pretty clear to me, I can read.

Thanks for all your hard work, some people just ask dumb questions no matter how many times you put it in the OP.

seksmeup
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:

If you want to get into semantics, your statement is not true because it does not work with all cyanogenmod based ROM's. The set of cyanogenmod based ROM's includes the subset of CM10. While I agree that it is straightforward that your thread applies to CM9 based ROM's only, to some people, it may confuse them that the first sentence of the thread claims something that can be interpreted differently than what the title claims.

ipaq_101
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
If you want to get into semantics, your statement is not true because it does not work with all cyanogenmod based ROM's. The set of cyanogenmod based ROM's includes the subset of CM10. While I agree that it is straightforward that your thread applies to CM9 based ROM's only, to some people, it may confuse them that the first sentence of the thread claims something that can be interpreted differently than what the title claims.
Here are some semantics, people don't have to use it if they don't want to.

Secondly, Faux put in a lot of time and hard work to make this, you can take a moment of your time with very little work to read through the forum carefully.

seksmeup
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaq_101 View Post
Here are some semantics, people don't have to use it if they don't want to.

Secondly, Faux put in a lot of time and hard work to make this, you can take a moment of your time with very little work to read through the forum carefully.
Whoa, calm down there. I'm not denying his effort nor am I denying the quality of his kernel; it's just that the first sentence is open to interpretation and can be confusing for some people. It's not about reading through the forum -- some people simply just don't get it.

hiazn
Old
(Last edited by hiazn; 10th August 2012 at 05:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Whoa, calm down there. I'm not denying his effort nor am I denying the quality of his kernel; it's just that the first sentence is open to interpretation and can be confusing for some people. It's not about reading through the forum -- some people simply just don't get it.
Most prolific developers have a basic op that they copy and paste. Typos and inaccuracies toward specific devices are common. Best to take what you read there as generalities and combine that with the more kernel specific thread title and changelogs... you shouldn't have any questions as to what the kernel does at that point.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Don't be lazy forum search is there for a reason!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

T-Mobile HTC M8
Acer Iconia A100
In retirement - SG Note 3.. SGSIV... T-Mobile G.Note II... Kindle Fire... T-Mobile SGS3... Intl HTC One X...T-Mobile Samsung GSII,.. AT&T Samsung G Note,.. T-Mobile Amaze 4g,.. T-Mobile Sensation,.. T-Mobile HD7,.. T-Mobile G2x,.. T-Mobile HD2 x 2,.. HTC Touch Pro,.. HTC Touch Dual. . .Asian - 16 Key and USA - 20 Key

IRIE4IPIER
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
If people go into a kernel thread and just read a few lines because they are lazy, then that is their problem. The OP clearly states CM9 and not one peep about CM10, if you. Actually read the OP, to find out all the features and advantages of the kernel, then you would know this is for CM9 only and wouldn't be confused. And you trying to correct the OP on something as little as this is disrespectful. This is a development thread as I'm sure are well aware of.
<---home

<---T-mobile - White Galaxy S2

faux123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33691

DONATE TO ME
Jelly Bean Kernel is released Enjoy!
How to report Kernel Bugs!
Newest GeekTalk
Fight against Trolls, up vote my threads back to normal (1 star was due to trolling) Thanks!
FauxClock FAQ

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]