MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What has your battery life been like so far?

OP vectorized

21st July 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 9

56 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just got the phone yesterday. I've been using it VERY heavily, and I havent been cycling it properly.

But I just got 4.5 hours of pretty heavy use out of it. That's nothing close to what it should be. But it was constant 4G use almost the whole time.

I'm trying to cycle it properly now. but I cant stop running around long enough to get a full charge on it. (once so far).
21st July 2012, 10:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 36

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorized

I just got the phone yesterday. I've been using it VERY heavily, and I havent been cycling it properly.

But I just got 4.5 hours of pretty heavy use out of it. That's nothing close to what it should be. But it was constant 4G use almost the whole time.

I'm trying to cycle it properly now. but I cant stop running around long enough to get a full charge on it. (once so far).

Use the SmartActions App. It has a battery Extender that works very well.
I have it along side Juice Defender. I Constantly stay under 4G LTE, and I have wifi on. I could probably let a video loop for 7 hours before it died.
This is after two-three days of cycling and training juice defender.
23rd July 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 30

203 posts
I despise battery chatter, but I have to say that I have been using this thing hard setting up my apps downloading off the cloud and surfing the net. 10+ hours on a single charge. Not many voice calls, but lots of screen on time and data.

Your mileage will vary.
23rd July 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 27

307 posts
Donate to Me
Its about on par with a galaxy nexus with ics

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
24th July 2012, 01:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Boston

56 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm lucky if I get 7 hours of moderate use, with the smart actions. I think I might have to exchange it and get a new one and try to cycle the battery better the first few times. I was not kind to it on the first day.

I also work in a place with minimal 4g coverage. So it's struggling the whole. time

Suggestions, before I replace it? (with another)

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
24th July 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I'm a pretty heavy user. Bluetooth in ear streaming music while i ride my bike to work, lots of news widgets updating between 20 and 45 minutes each, constant emails and social networking, and a few bt calls. The phones battery lasts me 4 to 6 hours, depending on number of calls. Luckily i have one of those battery pack things.

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium
25th July 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Boston

56 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah_veed

I'm a pretty heavy user. Bluetooth in ear streaming music while i ride my bike to work, lots of news widgets updating between 20 and 45 minutes each, constant emails and social networking, and a few bt calls. The phones battery lasts me 4 to 6 hours, depending on number of calls. Luckily i have one of those battery pack things.

Sounds very similar to my own usage. I've avoided using bluetooth so far, and I try to download music before i leave. It gives me a bunch of extra time. And I've got the battery pack, but it wont give me much.

But I've managed to cycle my phone twice today. That's not okay.

I cant wait for root so I can wipe the battery stats and try again.
25th July 2012, 08:27 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 77

437 posts
Wiping battery stats does nothing for battery life. Its just stats!

25th July 2012, 01:01 PM   |  #9  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 36

126 posts
More
I think there might have been a quality check error on the Atrix HD batteries that shipped out.
Everyone I know gets different battery stats.
I know I'm getting excellent battery life. I can watch movies, surf the web, and play games... leave it off the charger and I'll still have 40% for the next day.
It took a day or two. The first two days I let it die before charging. Juice Defender takes a good day to figure out your phone, but it plays nice with Smart Actions.
Also, some gameloft games do not play nice with the phone stand by and sleep states. Gun Bros would send notifications and run in the background and drained my battery on my MAHD.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread