At&t Branding

OP colts187

21st July 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 27

308 posts
Donate to Me
I got my hd today and I love it. It keeps throwing me off having that at&t symbol right below the freaking home button. I keep hitting it. I guess i was too used to my gs3 home button. This phone is freakin awesome..

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
21st July 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 11

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colts187

I got my hd today and I love it. It keeps throwing me off having that at&t symbol right below the freaking home button. I keep hitting it. I guess i was too used to my gs3 home button. This phone is freakin awesome..

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

You are not alone lol!!

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium
21st July 2012, 08:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 36

126 posts
More
I hate the branding. It really takes away from the look of the phone.

Anyways, can't complain too much. This phone rocks. I cant wait for root. I'm going to make a tweaked build.prop for everyone to use. I'm sure I can get it to benchmark better than the SGS3. So who cares I guess, all phones these days look alike practically.
22nd July 2012, 09:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

56 posts
More
Yes that att branding pisses me off too!! And all that space could have been used for bigger screen!!!!

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium
22nd July 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #5  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 14

64 posts
More
I'm glad it's just the deathstar logo and not the letters too.
25th July 2012, 04:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
Donate to Me
More
ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod010

Yes that att branding pisses me off too!! And all that space could have been used for bigger screen!!!!

No.... just no. I really wish people would stop saying this. You're all .... anyway:

There's a big black bar at the bottom for the same reason there's a big black bar at the top.
A) to put your hardware. It's gotta go somewhere. Bigger screen on top of the hardware, would've meant bigger/heavier phone.
B) There also has to be big black space at the top of the phone for the ear piece and the camera.... It has to match at the bottom, or else the screen wouldnt be symmetric.

Try this with me. Just for a second:
  • Hold your phone in landscape mode.
  • Imagine that you didnt have big black areas at the top or bottom
  • You'd have nowhere to rest your thumbs, and your fingers would be on the screen.
  • Also imagine how the screen would look offset to the bottom of the phone.... EW.

It matters less in portrait mode because you can squeeze the phone between your fingers & palm naturally.
When in landscape mode, you'll have to use two hands, and holding it with friction would be uncomfortable and unsafe.
25th July 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #7  
Flag Washington DC

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorized

No.... just no. I really wish people would stop saying this. You're all .... anyway:

There's a big black bar at the bottom for the same reason there's a big black bar at the top.
A) to put your hardware. It's gotta go somewhere. Bigger screen on top of the hardware, would've meant bigger/heavier phone.
B) There also has to be big black space at the top of the phone for the ear piece and the camera.... It has to match at the bottom, or else the screen wouldnt be symmetric.

Try this with me. Just for a second:

• Hold your phone in landscape mode.
  • Imagine that you didnt have big black areas at the top or bottom
  • You'd have nowhere to rest your thumbs, and your fingers would be on the screen.
  • Also imagine how the screen would look offset to the bottom of the phone.... EW.

It matters less in portrait mode because you can squeeze the phone between your fingers & palm naturally.
When in landscape mode, you'll have to use two hands, and holding it with friction would be uncomfortable and unsafe.

I could careless for a screen larger than 4.3" the Atrix HD 4.5" is perfect.
I know there is hardware under the logo area. Also on the top end you have the notification LED, front camera and light sensor.
The complaint with the Death Star logo is that its right smack in the middle like the Iphone home button.
The Atrix HD looks really clean without buttons, but the logo disrupts the clan look and feel.

No one is really crying about it. Its just a frustrating after thought on behalf of AT&T. They could have placed it on the back with all that other serial number and LTE information is stamped.
I know that moshi screen protectors will cover the logos so you cant see them. I had one on my Atrix 2 and it was a really clean look.
I'll just have to wait for Moshi to make one for the MAHD.
So far I just have a universal one that only covers the screen area.
25th July 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #8  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 10

56 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got the screen protector at the AT&T store, its great, covers the whole front of the phone, but it leaves a window for the deathstar. i'm probably gonna put some black something under it to hide it eventually. I think it's subtle enough. but it would've been much better on the back.

I promise you that wasnt added there by designers. it was added by a business person.
The Following User Says Thank You to vectorized For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2012, 06:37 AM   |  #9  
Flag Washington DC

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorized

I got the screen protector at the AT&T store, its great, covers the whole front of the phone, but it leaves a window for the deathstar. i'm probably gonna put some black something under it to hide it eventually. I think it's subtle enough. but it would've been much better on the back.

I promise you that wasnt added there by designers. it was added by a business person.

I agree.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kedakari For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2012, 06:52 AM   |  #10  
Flag Washington DC

126 posts
More
Just a quick MSpaint Edit!

Branding removed.
I have to admit though... It looks kinda boring.
I should have left more of the Motorola Branding on the top.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1kedakari.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1220400  

The Following User Says Thank You to Kedakari For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread