No registration required

[Q&A] CM10.1 Nightlies SGH-I747

OP t3chn0s1s

21st July 2012, 07:59 AM   |  #11  
Flag Burke
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
More
I've noticed on the 7/20 build, the play store link in the top right corner of the app drawer doesn't work. You have to actually select the shortcut from the app list.

EDIT: Seems to be an intermittent thing.

Are there plans to return universal search?

Has anyone found a way to transfer data (contacts, call log, mms log, data usage, etc.) from stock rom to CM10? Whenever I try (through TB) to restore data, i get an error saying "android.process.acore has stopped working". I did a search and made sure the "restore system data" option was selected in preferences both when i backed up and when I restored. I've also tried AppExtractor but that has done nothing. I've tried turning off auto sync and removing google account prior to restoring, all to no avail.
Last edited by bigmike34; 21st July 2012 at 08:41 AM.
21st July 2012, 08:01 AM   |  #12  
Flag Charlottesville, VA
Thanks Meter: 40

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike34

I've noticed on the 7/20 build, the play store link in the top right corner of the app drawer doesn't work. You have to actually select the shortcut from the app list.

Are there plans to return universal search?

The link in the top right of the app drawer works just fine for me. On the 7/20 build. Which gapps did you install? I'm using the 7/16 build of them.
21st July 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #13  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,438

3,766 posts
More
All I can say is that the GPS, for me at least, is AMAZING, actually even better than stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
21st July 2012, 08:03 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 158

1,423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaeum

Well I don't want to sound too callous here, but 10 seconds is plenty fine for a lock. I guess I'm more patient than some folks, but at this point, it seems like a very minor issue. I do wonder if it was even "locking" in AOKP or if they just institute a lower threshold of accuracy to be designated as "locked". (Pure conjecture on my part, I could be wrong).

Using 9-10 is absolutely normal. Seeing as how you have a 12 channel receiver in your device, using 10 is great. You should be accurate to within 10 feet within a few seconds of starting up. Also, taking longer after a reboot is normal. There are a lot of different start-up "states" for GPS based on how long since the last lock and things like the phone being power cycled.

Well that's why I compared it to aokp and stock. Even after a cold boot the gps still came on and locked within 4 seconds. On cm10 its much longer. And like I said alot of times it can't keep a lock. It loses the signal and gets it back 10-15s later. It's nothing serious. Just annoying since I use it very often (taxi driver)

sent from my GALAXY SIII
21st July 2012, 08:55 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
anybody faced these?
Quote:

First of all, thank you for trying to do this! I don't think that the herd will care and they will continue to clog up the development thread, but you're trying and that definitely counts for something.

Do we have a current bug list that isn't just a bunch of "me too!" and random one off bugs? I'm talking about things that are consistent across all users who have properly installed? I think a well maintained list would be beneficial to the CM team (read Steve) rather than having them cull through the steaming 100 page pile of pure fetid "awesome".

I've read that entire thread up to this point but I've been trying not to engage too much due to the state of things over there. But here is my small and likely incomplete list of verified bugs at this point. Please help add to it with valid citations. I don't want to put things onto the list until they are verified by at least two users who can state the issue clearly in a post. I will try to keep this updated but please feel free to rip it away from me and keep it in tip-top shape.

• Tethering does not work in either WPA or WPA2 modes (but it does work in insecure mode) [1, 2, 3, 4]
  • A2DP isn't working [1]
  • Camera focusing bug (that is known and is going to be fixed upon next build) [1]
  • LTE in Canada seems to be a common complaint. [1,2]
  • MTP not working for Mac users. [1,2]
  • Picasa sync doesn't work [1]

So since this is the Q&A thread, I have two questions:
  1. What bugs have I missed? (please provide a single post link as a citation)
  2. Whats the best way to find out when/where to find the latest gapps builds? I always find them from fellow forum users posts but it seems to me that they have to originate somewhere and I'm less than clear on that process.

1) auto focus and camera itself works perfect for me, after applying the flashable fix though, however it force closes if you try to change the picture size now and then
2) phone app force closed a couple of times, once on MTP connection and once with speaker on.
3) tethering work for me.
4) lockscreen custom background dosent work if you have a different homescreen wallpaper
5) soft key lights turn off if you try to change the screen brightness(changing the brightness to auto will fix it though)
6) volume rocker work perfect

I am om CM10_20120720 build, Gapps_20120720, flashed with CWM 5.8.4.5. I had quite good number of unsuccessful attempts when tried to flash with CWM 5.8.4.7 (ext sd dosent show up in CWM recovery)
Also restored to stock rom with a nandroid on all CM10 builds
Last edited by RudeTexan; 21st July 2012 at 10:20 AM.
21st July 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 52

311 posts
What is the best way yo get the latest gapps for JB? Not sure how to go about this.
21st July 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #17  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin35

What is the best way yo get the latest gapps for JB? Not sure how to go about this.

did you try goo dot im. That was where i got 07/20 if i remember well
21st July 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #18  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,438

3,766 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin35

Go to the OP, there is a link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
21st July 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #19  

4 posts
Thumbs up Good overall with a few issues
Just flashed my ATT S3 with the preview build, awesome overall, so much faster than TouchWiz.

Having a few issues tho:

1) camera is borked (app was erroring then disappeared?)
2) gmail doesnt sync properly (worked fine with stock rom)
3) exchange activesync doesnt work (worked fine with stock rom)
4) notifications for gmail dont work (worked fine with stock rom)
5) menus show Galaxy S2, not S3 (minor)
21st July 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #20  
Flag Burke
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
More
Quote:

The link in the top right of the app drawer works just fine for me. On the 7/20 build. Which gapps did you install? I'm using the 7/16 build of them.

Yeah it all works fine for me now with 7/20, both the Play link and universal search. From the first release I've been flashing 7/15 gapps (for gmail) then 7/16 (next time 7/17)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread