* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Working with Senior CyanogenMod team members, we have set the official nightlies on track.
arcee (Ricardo Cerqueira) merged in the ics compatibility codes to cm10 repositories, and thus cm10 endeavoru is now working fully with audio and camera.
gorbi16 is maintainer of endeavoru device/kernel tree, tbalden is one of the maintainers of official htc-doubleshot cm9 device / kernel tree and as such member of TeamDS, and started to hack for HTC One X (endeavoru) as well. Most of you will/might know who mdeejay is, a long-time developer on xda and rootz, who now owns a HOX device too and decided to hack cm9/cm10/cm10.1 for this device as well. gorbi is a long time android hacker who joined the team while we were hacking CM10. Now he's spinning pure JB builds with new kernel so we can test it and merge his stuff soon.
Thanks and credits:
- the awesome ladies and gents who are creating, helping, rocking cyanogenmod and the cm team
- thoemy for many patches to keep the ball rolling
- all you folks who contributed to the opensource scene of android, this time especially endeavoru and endeavoru cm10!
- special thanks to Pabx for bringing 4.2.1 to HOX first with the awesome AOSP rom!
- gorbi for his patches in gerrit to shape up the repo even more
- seadersn for his patches
- all the kernel hackers who was stabilizing the released htcdev kernel sources, especially showp-1984, riemervdzee, TripNRaVeR, kholk and everyone else!
- the creators of tf300 and tf201 device trees all around the interwebz
- tgascoigne for the camera mode patch in cm repo
- tgascoigne team for the rild fix - pabx @ xda for his extended research on echo issue and for providing a fix for it - htc, google and all the worthy companies who make it possible
- First time flashing CM 10/10.1 to your HOX (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock your device and install Clockwork Recovery
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
6. Download boot.img as well,
7. boot into boot loader (adb reboot bootloader). Use fastboot and ‘fastboot flash boot boot.img’ through usb to have the correct kernel/boot image. Otherwise it won’t work/boot.
8. 'fastboot erase cache' is recommended if you have booting issues
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was your problem a hard reboot? Get us the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was your problem a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred.
- For now, please leave comments in the forums. We will be monitoring for activity as we continue to fix known issues.
Direct download URLs:
-----------===== CM 10.1 nightly/monthly snapshot part =====------------
CM 10.1 (Android 4.2.2) - supports only newer hboots (1.28 and above) with GPS (thanks to pabx again for his amazing fix for this!)
How to enable FastCharge USB/ sweep2wake? --> SystemSettings / Advanced !
CM 10.1 issues:
- MHL HDMI broken (use cm-10.1 alpha7 with ICS blobs, if you still need it)
- On 8MPixel camera sometimes takes a gray image - on lower resolutions it works fine
- sdcard MUST be vfat (default on htc sense so don't worry if you didnt format it to ext4 manually) (no ext4 support yet) - (if you didn't change it intentionally to ext4 then it's VFAT by default by HTC) Works:
Mostly everything else, including games (touchscreen), camera/camcorder
- Synced to upstream (Feb-13)
- Added ROW io scheduler as default (gorbi cherry-picked and merged) - kernel (boot.img) change
- Fixed run parts for /system/etc/init.d scripts (sysinit) - ramdisk fix
- Added uhid.ko for userspace Human Interface Design using apps (gorbi cherry-picked and submitted) - kernel (boot.img) change
- Added backlight-HDR mode to camera scenes (gorbi's camerawrapper magic)
- synced to upstream (feb-11)
- USB tethering fixed (ramdisk fix, so boot.img included is needed, or repack your favorite kernel with this A6's boot.img's ramdik)
- Added Thömy's fix for proximity sensor getting false-alarmed in low light conditions (please test if you're phoning a lot in darker rooms , kernel fix, so boot.img included is needed for this to apply )
- Gorbi's USB-OTG merged, please test
- sdcard separated again, moving away from Fused internal storage concept. (Still needs MTP, but we try to resolve this so it could be used as usb mass storage later). You will need to migrate your sdcard/0 folder back if coming from A1 to A4 or any ROM that used /0 as emulated mountpoint, in recovery!! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=10175
- wifi fixed (wpa_supplicant.conf in place)
- still with Wifi direct (p2p)
- GPS conf updated to use international NTP pool (thanks Wiretap for pointing this out!)
- BT seems to be stable now, pls test
- Wifi-direct added (wifi p2p)
- Synced to upstream Feb-09
- Upgraded to HTC's JB kernel 3.1.10 (HBOOT 1.28 now is requirement to install A3)
- Wifi signal improvement with the new kernel
- Torch crash fixed (boot.img)
- Wifi tether fixed
- Bluetooth is not dodgy anymore.
Going back to 4.1.2 (CM10) or going to newer builds from A1-A4, sdcard:
If you go back to your old 4.1 backup from A1 to A4 (not A5+!) or going to newer betas/cm-10.1 nightlies : Do not forget to re-flash your 'old' or new boot.img.
Also note that you'll have to move your migrated data from /sdcard/0/ back to /sdcard/ (CWM doesn't know about /sdcard/0/ yet).
This can be done via (while booted in CWM):
mv * ../
mv .* ../
-----------===== CM 10 stable official weeklies part =====------------
Issues: (we always keep this list up to date!)
- Occasional soft-reboots with GPS On + Facebook ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2184 )
- (in cm10) WiFi direct doesnt work, so disabled in rom - (in cm10.1 wifi direct works)
- MHL output is rotated incorrectly to portrait in horizontal mode (but workaround added since alpha 8 for hw decoded videos/youtube. Use bsplayer from playstore, almost all videos play with it in correct rotation in hwoverlay)
- No FM radio app in ROM. But Spirit FM works from market (it's commercial!)
- Some paid apps loses settings/acconts due to this android jellybean problem: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=34880 Solution is to backup with Titanium Backup and restore to internal memory, not to sd
- You tell Works:
Mostly everything else, including games (touchscreen), camera/camcorder
If sometimes the build system produces broken packages to mirrors accidentally,then use the previous day's nightly. Computers can derp, so you can expect that too. Like 168mb installer is 9.7mb if you download it...check previous day then.
Changes are tracked here: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#endeavoru/cm10/next
- WiFi direct doesnt work (I dont even know how to use this. whats the function??)
- Wifi tether (i guess this is the only one i use but now at home so can be negleted)
- Charging light (but it charges) (not that it matters cuz my Gnex also dont have light when not using Lightflow) - In call volume adjustment works, but not fully well in Speaker mode (more info here) (rarely use speaker mode.)
- MHL output is rotated incorrectly to portrait in horizontal mode (sold my MHL!)
- No FM radio app in ROM. But Spirit FM works from market (it's commercial!) (never used radio on phone)
- You tell (i'm downloading!)
so basically, this is a bug free rom for me? haha.
thanks for your hard work!
Current Active Device : Google Nexus 5 D821 32GB
Previous Device : HTC One M7 64GB, Nexus 7 2013 32GB LTE, Google Nexus 4 16GB, HTC One X 32GB, Google Galaxy Nexus 16GB, Google Nexus S 16GB, Asus Transformer TF101, Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB, HTC Desire
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?