[ROM/DISCONTINUED] ParanoidAndroid 1.5a for Vision — version 0.5 beta (09-Aug-2012)

OP NeverGone\RU

21st July 2012, 12:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 658

559 posts
Donate to Me
More
So this is my very first attempt in ROM porting.

Some of you may have heard of tablet mode and if you have tried it you know well that it smashes your phone. Apps are small, their layout is screwed, things overlap, crash or stop working, Google Play forbids you to download, if you tried AOKP you cant even use launcher and phone. In short, it is a mess.

PARANOIDANDROID changed that. It does not "heal" tablet mode, it obliterates the boundaries. You define how big or small apps are, you define in which UI they display, no matter if your phone runs in tablet or phone mode, which also you can define. Customize every single entity on your phone, lockscreen, navigationbar, system-components, widgets, apps. If you prefer stay with your three bearpaw buttons + drop-down curtain or switch to a combined navigationbar + drop-up notificationcenter, enjoy Youtube in 3D, Gmail and settings in 2-columns, Chrome in its better mobile UI, etc. Nothing overlaps, nothing crashes, everything works as you'd expect. This is completely new ground and has never been realized before, it is lightyears from tablet mode.
Install ROM: http://d-h.st/ufK
Install Google Apps: http://d-h.st/wCo (and only these! other GApps will have Play Store broken in tablet mode!)
Wipe caches, factory reset is a must if you're coming from another rom than CM9
  • If automatic brightness is disabled, button backlight doesn't turn on after Power button is pressed
Maybe something else, you tell me
I used jerl92's CM9 build as a base, HWComposer libraries and kernel from Andromadus Mimicry (these made this ROM insanely fast) and hdorius' DHD port. Sorry for being a "winzip dev", as I'm yet a complete noob in Android development

Thanks to:
  • ahjavery for his ROM porting guide
  • blk_jack and the whole Andromadus team for their great work
  • D4rKn3sSyS and molesarecoming for such a great ROM
  • Xylograph for his tips and porting help
Last edited by NeverGone\RU; 12th October 2013 at 07:38 AM.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to NeverGone\RU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2012, 12:40 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

559 posts
Donate to Me
More

Version 0.5 beta (09-Aug-2012)
  • Terminal Emulator, Gallery and LatinIME FCs/UI bugs fixed.
  • GApps removed. Use a separate package to install them.
  • Default UI is changed to "Phone mode (optimized)".
  • Button backlight bug not fixed yet.

Version 0 beta (30-Jul-2012)
  • Keyboard bug fixed
  • Removed apps: Adobe Flash Player, Apex & Nova Launchers, Dropbox, ES File Explorer, ROM Manager. Google Apps left, but probably will be removed later.
  • Improved automatic brightness accuracy
  • Dual-band Wi-Fi support enabled
  • adb remount error fixed
  • UI lagging is gone — now using kernel and libs from Andromadus (hope blk_jack won't kill me for that)
... can I call this a beta now?

Version 0 alpha (21-Jul-2012)
First public release.
Last edited by NeverGone\RU; 9th August 2012 at 02:44 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NeverGone\RU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2012, 01:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag Göppingen
Thanks Meter: 383

762 posts
Donate to Me
More
YEAHHHHH THANKS !!!! Downloading right now xD
21st July 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 269

1,586 posts
Nice work,It's fantastic, thanks man.
21st July 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Great work!

Inviato dal mio HTC Vision con Tapatalk 2
21st July 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 186

1,103 posts
More
How on earth did you manage to get it boot? I tried for countless hours to get it booting but with no luck

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
21st July 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag Grand Rapids, Mi
Thanks Meter: 375

1,871 posts
Donate to Me
More
:P So any chance you already patched this rom with pDroid [android privacy protection patch]? (otherwise not sure where the 'paranoid' comes in :P)
21st July 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moscow

559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeezie

:P So any chance you already patched this rom with pDroid [android privacy protection patch]? (otherwise not sure where the 'paranoid' comes in :P)

I don't know why did they decide to call this ParanoidAndroid (maybe with the exception of this), but it doesn't have pDroid patches installed.
The main feature of this ROM is to switch between Tablet and Phone layouts selectively for every application.
21st July 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #9  
Flag Grand Rapids, Mi
Thanks Meter: 375

1,871 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverGone\RU

I don't know why did they decide to call this ParanoidAndroid (maybe with the exception of this), but it doesn't have pDroid patches installed.
The main feature of this ROM is to switch between Tablet and Phone layouts selectively for every application.

Ahh, musical inspiration. Though I suppose if someone wanted to make this work with pdroid would simply use the auto-patcher (would just have to know if its aokp, cm9, etc and the rom date for it to make an appropriate pdroid zip patch).

Speaking of which what type of rom is it based off of for the ICS? Sense, CM9, AOKP, AOSP? Looks almost AOKP from the screenshots.
21st July 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 186

1,103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeezie

Ahh, musical inspiration. Though I suppose if someone wanted to make this work with pdroid would simply use the auto-patcher (would just have to know if its aokp, cm9, etc and the rom date for it to make an appropriate pdroid zip patch).

Speaking of which what type of rom is it based off of for the ICS? Sense, CM9, AOKP, AOSP? Looks almost AOKP from the screenshots.

It is based of jerl92 unoffical cm9 wich is stated in the first post.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, paranoid android, paranoidandroid, thom yorkes favourite rom
Previous Thread Next Thread