Insufficient space error
I ran into a problem trying to download big files from the market (games and such). It would give me the "insufficient space" error. After trying many of the default fixes (clearing cache, fixing permissions etc) I came across a fix that worked for me. Below are the instructions and the credit. Hope this helps!
The problem is in the cache folder (that I assume used by the market) is using small partition (around 20mb in my case).
So to solve this we need to change it to bigger partition.
1. You gonna need Android Terminal Simulator or equivalent terminal app. This will also require your Android rooted.
2. Type ’su’ (root permission request will be showned, you need to approve it).
3. Type ‘cd /’
4. Type ‘umount /cache’
5. Type ‘mount -o rw,remount -t rootfs rootfs /’ (to set the folder access to rw – read write)
6. Type ‘rmdir /cache’ (delete cache folder)
7. I personally using root explorer to do point 5-6
8. Type ‘mkdir /sdcard/cache’
9. Type ‘ln -s /sdcard/cache /cache’ (to link cache folder to /sdcard/cache – which shoud have bigger partition size)
Try to rerun your Android Market and download big applications
Thanks to jimmy! @ http://jimmod.com/blog/2011/10/andro...on-the-device/
Assault: T.959 Vibrant