Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Streaming Netflix using Bluetooth headset

Tip us?

msalvini
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Streaming Netflix using Bluetooth headset

Has anyone attempted to stream netflix while using a Bluetooth headset? When I tried this netflix bufferred every 20 seconds or so and when it wasn't buffering, the video was choppy and audio was not in sync. Using wired headset it worked flawless.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Eroc162
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Holy sh@t I thought I was the only one who realized this. I wifi netflix and bluetooth to Jambox and it sucks. Buffers a lot and delayed sound. It even happens when playing a game with the Jambox connected. I take the bluetooth off and it's perfect.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

NikAmi
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I can't even use the Netflix app because the interface is sooooooo slow. It literally takes five to ten seconds to respond to touch inputs and when I try to scroll through lines of movies/shows, my finger travels the entire screen and the row moves only one or two places over. It's really annoying.

32 GB HTC One
Asus Transformer Inifinity with Dock
Samsung Captivate on Jelly Bean CM10

Einride
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Apparently enabling forced GPU rendering in settings -> developer options will help with Netflix performance. It might cause issues with other apps though, so keep that in mind.

Lay down your soul to the Gods rock n roll!

newellj79
Old
Thanks Meter 236
This is the same hardware problem that the prime had. You may notice it on you tube as well. It's because bt/wifi share a antenna. That said I did play around with mine for a few minutes and did not have the problem. Granted I'm sitting pretty close to the router. Check this out.... run the netspeed app to see what you get with bt off. Then start streaming some music to your bt headphones for google music and run netspeed while it's streaming. You will probablly notice a signifcant decrease.

fsured
Old
Thanks Meter 46
What was mentioned about sharing the same hardware with the wifi/bt in the prime is correct. They use the same chip to decode both signals. So when both are being used at the same time the process slows down for both signals. This is a common occurrence among many portable devices and not just any Asus tablet. I've seen it on my cell phones also. Manufactures are moving to this combined chip process to save in both cost and shrink the size of the devices for smaller cases.

Now having said that, these chips are designed to function with both signals at the same time. If yours is experiencing horrible performance then return it for another. Don't wait for software fixes because they won't fix the hardware. It might improve but chances are higher it won't be fixed. If you wait your return for exchange window may pass.

Eroc162
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Iust got an email from B&H about the issue and they said I can get a refund or exchange but they dont know when they are recieving the next batch. Im probably gonna get a refund and buy one elsewhere. Sucks

Eroc162
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Does anyone have a Tf700 that actually streams movies over wifi and bluetooth to speaker, ear buds or anything successfully. I don't want to wait for an exchange if no one can successfully accomplish it.

Eroc162
Old
(Last edited by Eroc162; 24th July 2012 at 01:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 17
I just did a wifi speed test without bluetooth on and my speed was 28mbs
With wifi on and bluetooth streaming music to my jambox the score dropped to 0.39mbs
That's crazy.
I used the speedtest.net app.
And enabling the gpu in the developer section didn't make any difference.

ChadJamesR
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've had my Infinity for a few days now and don't have any problems watching netflix while on my blue tooth headset. I always watch Netflix for about an hour in the morning when I'm working out.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to ChadJamesR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]