• Total voters
Search This thread

loneagl

Mar 31, 2012
lost city of Atlanta
OnePlus 8T
@prasad
Have u released a kernel for a7 yet??
I read through your procedures to root several times but can't really understand it ...
First i install cwm on unrooted phone?? Does this root the phone??
Then flash the update.zip from 'install zip from sd card' In recovery?

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
Honor 20
OnePlus 7T
Prasad, between A5, Spice Mi355 and Micromax A52, which is a better buy? Is A7 worth the extra money?
A friend wants to buy. Usage will be calls, net, emails. Not going to play games. He wants to buy A52 for the 1Ghz processor but i advised against it as resolution is too low.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy I9003 using Tapatalk 2

Kinghacker

Jul 21, 2012
Bhandara
Prasad, between A5, Spice Mi355 and Micromax A52, which is a better buy? Is A7 worth the extra money?
A friend wants to buy. Usage will be calls, net, emails. Not going to play games. He wants to buy A52 for the 1Ghz processor but i advised against it as resolution is too low.

A5 is best amongst this.......but if u want front cam then go for A7 both hv same specs....

Sent from my A9 using Tapatalk 2

prasad12ka4

@prasad
Have u released a kernel for a7 yet??
I read through your procedures to root several times but can't really understand it ...
First i install cwm on unrooted phone?? Does this root the phone??
Then flash the update.zip from 'install zip from sd card' In recovery?

No kernel for A7 yet.
To install CWM you dont need ROOT. Its the BIOS of your mobile like in PC.
1st install all ADB drivers, then get in fastboot as shown, then install CWM.
After which flash the update.zip.

Wait I suggest wait till this month end.
New cheap and better handsets from Karbonn , Spice, Gfive with great specs are coming below 10k range with ICS and JB on it.
So better wait and get something which is new rather than outdated device.

Reactions: loneagl

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
Honor 20
OnePlus 7T
Wait I suggest wait till this month end.
New cheap and better handsets from Karbonn , Spice, Gfive with great specs are coming below 10k range with ICS and JB on it.
So better wait and get something which is new rather than outdated device.

From where are G'five mobiles available? They have recently launched new mobiles.
Are you sure Karbonn is coming out with new models, A5 seems pretty recent.
How is Micromax A52, any idea?

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
Honor 20
OnePlus 7T
A 24
A 18

G'Five Mobiles

Click the above links and see whats coming ;)

My friend is looking at something around Rs.6,000 range only and had selected the A52 for 1Ghz processor. I am trying to convince him to buy something with better resolution, even though processor may be bit slow. He is not going to buy A24 or A18 for sure but the G'five A79 looks promising. However not sure of their quality, never even heard of them. For around 6,000 is A5 better choice?

gadkari

Jul 31, 2012
karjat
a7 ceases with opera mini

@prasad
My gf just got a7.everything seems great except that it sometimes seems to switch off...No shut down animation..nothing.just black screen..i think it happens during using opera mini...can u plz help??
Another query...does flashing update.zip root the mobile+ custom Rom?? Or do we need to root separately?
Is update.zip flashed on stock Rom without root?
Thanks...:)

i had same problem with opera mini on my A7, i flashed cwm for a7, then flashed update.zip( mobistar rooted rom)& solved the problem.

jaydev6681

Jul 25, 2012
Pune
ICS & miui for karbonn a7

any news about ICS & miui ROM for karbonn a7???

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

i rooted my karbonn a7 with mobistar ROM,but i am getting very less battery backup for around 20 hrs with normal use....In battery status it shows 47% used by cell standby and 52% used by phone idle...i calibrated my battery using battery calibration...i also tried setcpu by underclocking but no use...i am using juicedefender but still i am getting around 18-20 hrs battery backup...no gps,no wifi,no bluetooth,no autosync...i am using 3g for internet(very little use) and listening to songs for around 30 mins...plz help me regarding dis issue...

prasad12ka4

any news about ICS & miui ROM for karbonn a7???

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

i rooted my karbonn a7 with mobistar ROM,but i am getting very less battery backup for around 20 hrs with normal use....In battery status it shows 47% used by cell standby and 52% used by phone idle...i calibrated my battery using battery calibration...i also tried setcpu by underclocking but no use...i am using juicedefender but still i am getting around 18-20 hrs battery backup...no gps,no wifi,no bluetooth,no autosync...i am using 3g for internet(very little use) and listening to songs for around 30 mins...plz help me regarding dis issue...
How much backup did you get earlier?
in 3G 20 hrs is like heaven!!!

jaydev6681

Jul 25, 2012
Pune
Battery backup

i was getting around 36 hrs battery backup on stock ROM with normal use...when i'm not using 3g i switch to gsm mode to save battery...i use 3g internet for 25 mins. in a day...but still less battery backup...

prasad12ka4

prasad12ka4

[ROM] A5 ROM 2.3.6 (Stable - New Release)

A5 ROM (with goodies)

Download

This ROM is based on apkhot, but with the following changes:

1 Management applications with two Sim, easy to use.
2 Google App Store Integration: Market applications, maps, Gmail, Youtube ...
3 Use the launcher MiHome: speed, change interface quickly and easily.
4 Using the screen MiLocker, modern and friendly.
5 Eliminate unnecessary components such as keyboard Chinese, apkhot app store ... almost all Chinese applications.
6 Built-in adjustable sound frequency DSP Manager helps more fully enjoy the music.
7 Integrated percussion Vietnamese
8 Integrated FM Radio
9 Integration Widget allows quick opening off wifi, 3G, Bluetooth, volume ...
There's so much ... and are awaiting your discovery.

Note:

1. Root ROM is available
2. Do not update Maps (Maps) to the newer version, that might fail to launch. (Will fix in next version)
3. Gmail account to login to use (display) full of Google services.

Some of actual ROM images:
dochoididong.com_20120618_1707.png

dochoididong.com_20120618_1708.png
dochoididong.com_20120618_1708_2.png
dochoididong.com_20120618_1709_2.png
dochoididong.com_20120618_1710.png
dochoididong.com_20120618_1710_2.png
dochoididong.com_20120618_1711.png

gadkari

Jul 31, 2012
karjat
i lose battery around 4.25%/hr on standby...

i lose only 1%/ hr. i partitioned my sdcard to ext3, using link2sd app.all 32 apps.are linked to sdcard,making phone mem. free(125 mb). i also use juice defeender on aggressive mode. i also use " super manager(gpc)" as a device administrator, getting 260/330mb ram always free.also use "cache cleaner(j rummy)",set at 1 hr interval to make temp.cache free. Try these all & reply.

Top Liked Posts