Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMC) GUI
Build cyanogenmod with a gui.

yoT4H.png

Known issues:

Found bugs to fix v0.6:
*Please any issue that should arise, I apologize in advanced. Please let me know with as much detail as possible to replicate the issue and I will resolve it.

Please read:
I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install:
NOTE: Please don't try to install at this very moment, the PPA respositories are being updated and you will have issues if you do. Should be all set in a few. I will unstrike the comments below onces it is all good to sync up.
Note: If you are using the old ppa then look at post # 2 on how to remove it before adding this.
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lithid/ppa
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get install cmcompiler

Source code | Bugs | Answers

Build info

Enjoy some signatures from SavocaFTW:

Cq1ed.jpg
|
IjnVz.jpg
|
121EB.jpg

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
CMCompiler Notes:
Building jellybean/CM10
Please understand that cm10 is still under very heavy development. This means even the few working devices will have issues compiling cm10. This is mainly for reasons of setting up the device trees with proper files to extract proprietary files. You may need to implement this yourself if you wish to compile cm10. I will make some notes if people come up with quick fixes to devices properties, you can also look at the cm9 branch for the extract-files.sh and put it into the device folder, that would allow the CMCompiler to extract the files for you. Just please keep that in mind.

Thanks!

Previous installation of cmcompiler-daily
If you are using a previous installation of the cmcompiler-daily this will need to be removed before installing this.
Code:
sudo apt-get purge cmcompiler-daily

Full repo clean-up
Check out this post for a full clean-up of the repo if need be.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29148373&postcount=593

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
I am not 100% sure, I am waiting for launchpad to import my github repo. I keep checking and its not being imported. You could always clone the github repo and run the package.sh script it will auto compile the package and install it for you.

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
The repo script isn't correct for some reason.
Code:
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/repo
chmod a+x ~/repo
sudo mv ~/repo /usr/local/bin/repo

Code:
tesso@PITA:~$ curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/repo
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 20774  100 20774    0     0  19529      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:-- 25615
tesso@PITA:~$ chmod a+x ~/repo
tesso@PITA:~$ sudo mv ~/repo /usr/local/bin/repo

getting this as well

tesso@PITA:~$ repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod -b ics

fatal: 'git' is not available
fatal: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Please make sure git is installed and in your path.
tesso@PITA:~$

o_O

never mind i seem to have got it working

Last edited:

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Will this ever be supported?

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
I plan on it for my next release. The GUI is being rewritten in a very positive way to see errors that will generate from using unsupported devices.

Here is a rough draft of a working version I am working on. It will have support to add in unofficial devices. Gerrit support for committing patches back up to cyanogenmod, auto push to sdcard, building specific app from build to test. Ect ect.

http://i.imgur.com/mVDjn.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
I plan on it for my next release. The GUI is being rewritten in a very positive way to see errors that will generate from using unsupported devices.

Here is a rough draft of a working version I am working on. It will have support to add in unofficial devices. Gerrit support for committing patches back up to cyanogenmod, auto push to sdcard, building specific app from build to test. Ect ect.

http://i.imgur.com/mVDjn.png

Eat <3
(For auto install)

Sent from my GT-P1000

cdesai

Jan 16, 2011
IN YOUR HEAD
Never used the cm eat. Figured it needed cwm recovery for it to work or am I wrong?

Yea you do, need extendedcommands to be supported.

It pushes zip to /sdcard and writes --update-package=/sdcard/blah.zip to /cache/recovery/command

Sent from my GT-P1000

lithid-cm

Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
Yea you do, need extendedcommands to be supported.

It pushes zip to /sdcard and writes --update-package=/sdcard/blah.zip to /cache/recovery/command

Sent from my GT-P1000
For sure, which is why I never used it. That would be easy enough to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod Compiler (CMC) GUI
    Build cyanogenmod with a gui.

yoT4H.png

Known issues:

Found bugs to fix v0.6:
    *Please any issue that should arise, I apologize in advanced. Please let me know with as much detail as possible to replicate the issue and I will resolve it.

Please read:
    I have thought maybe times different ways I was going to go about this. Ads, donate version, paid app, etc. I choose to keep the project open, as that's how I roll. I do ask that if you enjoy the application that you try to donate something. This was my first gui project and took a lot of time and effort to even get it to where it is right now. I hope everyone enjoys the app as much as I enjoy working on it.

Install:
    NOTE: Please don't try to install at this very moment, the PPA respositories are being updated and you will have issues if you do. Should be all set in a few. I will unstrike the comments below onces it is all good to sync up.
    Note: If you are using the old ppa then look at post # 2 on how to remove it before adding this.
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lithid/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install cmcompiler

Source code | Bugs | Answers

Build info

Enjoy some signatures from SavocaFTW:

Cq1ed.jpg
    |
    IjnVz.jpg
    |
    121EB.jpg

You can follow me on google+ I tend to talk about it a bit on there as well.
    CMCompiler Notes:
    Building jellybean/CM10
    Please understand that cm10 is still under very heavy development. This means even the few working devices will have issues compiling cm10. This is mainly for reasons of setting up the device trees with proper files to extract proprietary files. You may need to implement this yourself if you wish to compile cm10. I will make some notes if people come up with quick fixes to devices properties, you can also look at the cm9 branch for the extract-files.sh and put it into the device folder, that would allow the CMCompiler to extract the files for you. Just please keep that in mind.

Thanks!

Previous installation of cmcompiler-daily
    If you are using a previous installation of the cmcompiler-daily this will need to be removed before installing this.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get purge cmcompiler-daily

Full repo clean-up
    Check out this post for a full clean-up of the repo if need be.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29148373&postcount=593
    I am getting pretty close to another release of this software. It will be renamed and has plenty more features. Video is bad but it gets the point across. I will try to make the videos better. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbPxLZRNV8g
    I am posting a little screeny of some of the new additions that some will like and others will hate. Enjoy.

ArX5h.png