[Solved] Evo is stuck off... will not boot or charge.
I install a wifi kill app.
It was apparently shutting down wifi? What wifi I have no idea. It was stuck and non responsive for around 4/5 minutes so I thought a battery pull and a restart would get me out of the app.
And now the phone will not respond to me pressing the power button?! Nor will it charge. It's not responsive to being plugged in.
First time anything like this has happened to me. I am stuck without a phone and worried. Any help is appreciated?! I best not have screwed up the device.
Its a GSM evo, had a high battery charge. Running a custom rom with s off.
Even plugging it in gives no response.
It has been charged all night. seemed to indicate it was full. This morning it was down to 80% and I left it on charge some more, now this.
I opened up my comand prompt then typed "fastboot reboot-bootloader" and I just get < waiting for device >
I've been through this thread and non of this helps. (link below)
Button presses were having no effect I left my phone connected to the mains and re tried the buttons and adb commands with no luck.
Although my battery was reading at around or above 80% before the problems I was sure it wasn't the battery.
I couldn't see how it was appearing to be bricked and unresponsive. I installed an app, it hung and I pulled the battery. So I presumed something had gone wrong with the app.....
I took a chance that the battery had drained fully somehow and the ROM was somehow supplying some dodgy readings.
The battery and wire trick was what I tried. A jump start was needed.
I should have licked the battery first to feel for any charge. But it was the last thing I was thinking about. (I don't have a voltage tester any more around the house)
I set off for a 9 volt battery. Using my trusty tongue again the one in my alarm was out of juice. Thankfully I got a new one though which was laying around.
So if it wasn't going to work I knew this battery wasn't going to be part of a problem.
Striping metal food ties I connected positive to the one positive contact and used another metal strip to tap each of the three negatives, obviously connected to the negative of the battery.
I kept the touches quick barely a second and kept running through all three. Went well, there was no heat from the battery. I did that for about a minute.
Be careful, don't damage your battery! Do not blame anyone else if you do... Make sure not to have your connections touch one another or its game over too.
I used my trusty method of licking the phone battery and bam, it was charged and I knew about it!
Placed it into the phone. Took a bit of time to say my prayers.... Connected the USB and the computer acknowledged that it was working a red light flashed,
My prayers were answered! I powered on the phone and its back to normal.
Strangely telling me the battery is at around 75% plus ...
I didn't have a wall charger or a spare battery as you can tell.
I got there in the end.