Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM10] Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Discussion

Tip us?

lowsum
Old
(Last edited by lowsum; 30th October 2012 at 06:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Default [CM10] Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Discussion

This is the general discussion thread for Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean for A500.

CM10 randomblame's Jellytime
CM10 civato's JB 4.1.2 FLEX v6supercharged
CM10 pjsports's rom

CM10 builds from wds :unmaintained

Jelly Bean Gapps:
Latest gapps
Gapps full list.

Troubleshooting:

The unlocked ICS bootloader is required.

If you encounter an error during the flashing process use another recovery, TWRP is known to cause problem with this rom, a CWM based recovery should do it.

If you have problems with the Google Play Store after a bit, uninstall updates for it.

If you want to avoid the lockscreen bug, you can disable it in settings-security.

Report bugs & issues with your attached logcat in the development thread.
How to logcat?
HTC Desire 601 UL
InsertCoin 3.0.6
Asus Nexus 7 2013 (flo)
Mahdi-Rom 2.7
Acer ICONIA TAB A500 16Gb
[TO Omni Rom Kitkat v13]
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” -Nikola Tesla
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to lowsum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fox.not.fire
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I haven't tested all features yet. The only thing that does not work is face unlock so far.
Acer IconiaTab A500 WIFI 32GB
ROM: CM10.2- JB 4.3.1
Gapps 20121212
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy S3 Mini
ROM: CM11.0-KitKat 4.4.1
Gapps 20131126
The Following User Says Thank You to fox.not.fire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glenniosaurus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsum View Post
Here you can discuss CM10 that you can download here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=758

runs really smooth this is awesome, but I can't get google play store to open, going to try and reflash GAPPS.

waydownsouth
Old
(Last edited by waydownsouth; 23rd July 2012 at 12:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 809
@lowsum, thanks for taking the initiative.

I will ask that you maintain the OP, providing some info ie FAQ, links for gapps etc
Will get a thread opened up in dev later today...

You guys may need to track down a better jb gapps package to use, I think the one listed in the thread is causing a lot of the reported issues...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waydownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rickenbackercriswell
Old
(Last edited by rickenbackercriswell; 23rd July 2012 at 12:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Default Only issue...

Excellent start... so impressed!!

Only issues I have is with percentage battery not showing in status bar and an invisible slide on wake up. It works but can't see it... a little tricky but no deal breaker.

Huge congrats on a fine and rapid effort!

*EDIT* Odd... as if by magic, the slider is back! Only thing I think I tried was rebooting a few times AND turning off BOTH screen animations on wake / lock... Weird, but happy now!
The Following User Says Thank You to rickenbackercriswell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rippster
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default My test results

Flashed CM10+gapps.jb.20120717. GMail and some other Google apps are not included and you'll need to get those separately from the Play Store.

SOFTWARE: Market apps did not auto restore; but all of them were able to be manually installed with no errors. I used ICSBrowser with Thor's ICS ROM...this app does not work in JB. GoogleNow, Netflix, and YouTube work great. Alternate launchers also work great.

HARDWARE: The rotation lock toggle doesn't work, but there is a quick setting option for that anyway. Sound works flawlessly. External Seagate 500GB hard drive works. Acer USB mouse works. Acer BT keyboard works. DSLR Controller works with my Canon EOS Rebel XT as far as reading the memory card; but cannot capture images which was no different in ICS. I could not get a GPS lock with GPS status nor could the Navigation app get GPS.

I have not tested any games yet. I'll load up some of my favorites tonight or tomorrow and report back.

THIS IS EASILY A DAILY DRIVER. Many many many thanks to WDS!

gh123man
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippster View Post
Flashed CM10+gapps.jb.20120717. GMail and some other Google apps are not included and you'll need to get those separately from the Play Store.

SOFTWARE: Market apps did not auto restore; but all of them were able to be manually installed with no errors. I used ICSBrowser with Thor's ICS ROM...this app does not work in JB. GoogleNow, Netflix, and YouTube work great. Alternate launchers also work great.

HARDWARE: The rotation lock toggle doesn't work, but there is a quick setting option for that anyway. Sound works flawlessly. External Seagate 500GB hard drive works. Acer USB mouse works. Acer BT keyboard works. DSLR Controller works with my Canon EOS Rebel XT as far as reading the memory card; but cannot capture images which was no different in ICS. I could not get a GPS lock with GPS status nor could the Navigation app get GPS.

I have not tested any games yet. I'll load up some of my favorites tonight or tomorrow and report back.

THIS IS EASILY A DAILY DRIVER. Many many many thanks to WDS!

as for the hardware rotation lock, i need to port my code over. as my birthday is now over, i hope to have some time in the next week to do it.
checkout Tree Task

ADD ON GOOGLE+ - https://plus.google.com/116707674152406292958
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE - http://youtube.com/gh123man
FOLLOW ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/#!/gh123man
GITHUB - https://github.com/gh123man
Acer iconia a500 - CM9 /cm10alpha
GSM unlocked Galaxy Nexus- CM10
Moto Atrix 4g - CM9 / stock + modded webtop
2x Moto Droid - CM7
The Following User Says Thank You to gh123man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lowsum
Old
(Last edited by lowsum; 23rd July 2012 at 01:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
@waydownsouth: My pleasure, I will maintain this thread no problem. That's the least I can do. Keep it up, it's working amazingly well already.

On my side GPS doesn't work, lockscreen sometime disappears and like most rom since ICS there's some screen flickering noticable on low brightness and dark color (kernel related I think). Battery percentage is also not showing in status bar. I had a couple of browser crash, but it was with Quick ICS Browser wich has been updated to support JB.
HTC Desire 601 UL
InsertCoin 3.0.6
Asus Nexus 7 2013 (flo)
Mahdi-Rom 2.7
Acer ICONIA TAB A500 16Gb
[TO Omni Rom Kitkat v13]
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” -Nikola Tesla
The Following User Says Thank You to lowsum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waydownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsum View Post
@waydownsouth: My pleasure, I will maintain this thread no problem. That's the least I can do. Keep it up, it's working amazingly well already.

On my side GPS doesn't work, lockscreen sometime disappears and like most rom since ICS there's some screen flickering noticable on low brightness and dark color (kernel related I think). Battery percentage is also not showing in status bar. I had a couple of browser crash, but it was with Quick ICS Browser wich has been updated to support JB.
There's a lot of CM9 code still to be ported to CM10, things will get better as things go on.

GPS is still very broken, there have been some permissions changes in how the gps lib communicates with the native proprietary daemon... I have a workaround in mind, just need to get it implemented...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waydownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fox.not.fire
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by waydownsouth View Post
There's a lot of CM9 code still to be ported to CM10, things will get better as things go on.

GPS is still very broken, there have been some permissions changes in how the gps lib communicates with the native proprietary daemon... I have a workaround in mind, just need to get it implemented...
Thanks mate..this is far above expectation for the early release..great job..
Acer IconiaTab A500 WIFI 32GB
ROM: CM10.2- JB 4.3.1
Gapps 20121212
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Galaxy S3 Mini
ROM: CM11.0-KitKat 4.4.1
Gapps 20131126

The Following User Says Thank You to fox.not.fire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]