Team Win Recovery Project for Tornado 348

more

PhotoMath: A Math Beginner’s Dream App

more

Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Fix Untinted Recent Panels on Lollipop

more
Post Reply

Note keeps restarting, but no like other threads!

OP alancito10t

23rd July 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Hi,

I have my Note since 2 months ago. It restarted, but only 4-5 times a WEEK. Yesterday, I was browsing Internet and Note restarted. 'Ok, normal I said'. The phone turned on and I entered Internet. Again, it restarted. I wait the phone to start, and when I was unlocking it, it restarted. And restarted, and restarted, and restarted. So I take the sd off and turn on the phone. No problems. Then I put the SD card. Turn on the phone. No problems! Until now. Same happened. Same I did. It restarted only 1 time, then no problems. But I pay too much for this phone (in the country I live) and with my old Ace it didn't happened! It's annoying, EVERY TIME I TURN OFF THE PHONE AND THEN TURN IT ON, RESTARTS! And I have to take off the battery 2 times, put it 2 times, wait for the phone two times, and put the sd card. It's really annoying!! Someone can help me?

alancito10t
23rd July 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 38
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I wouldn't say any of that is normal. I think you should consider making a warranty claim.
23rd July 2012, 07:11 AM   |  #3  
adelmundo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Ramon, CA
Thanks Meter: 70
 
570 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alancito10t

Hi,

I have my Note since 2 months ago. It restarted, but only 4-5 times a WEEK. Yesterday, I was browsing Internet and Note restarted. 'Ok, normal I said'. The phone turned on and I entered Internet. Again, it restarted. I wait the phone to start, and when I was unlocking it, it restarted. And restarted, and restarted, and restarted. So I take the sd off and turn on the phone. No problems. Then I put the SD card. Turn on the phone. No problems! Until now. Same happened. Same I did. It restarted only 1 time, then no problems. But I pay too much for this phone (in the country I live) and with my old Ace it didn't happened! It's annoying, EVERY TIME I TURN OFF THE PHONE AND THEN TURN IT ON, RESTARTS! And I have to take off the battery 2 times, put it 2 times, wait for the phone two times, and put the sd card. It's really annoying!! Someone can help me?

alancito10t

What ROM are you on? Maybe try reflashing stock ROM on your phone?
23rd July 2012, 07:25 AM   |  #4  
sitanshu91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 29
 
272 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I think you can try factory reset if you are on gb or some other safe rom if on unsafe room please don't do reset coz of brick bug

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
23rd July 2012, 09:32 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Barrow in Furness
Thanks Meter: 5
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Are you on a custom ROM?

Of not then I'd just get it sent back as it not something you have done.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
23rd July 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I didn't root the phone, and it has the original Gingerbread 2.3.6.
23rd July 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #7  
l0rd_almighty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
I had this issue before. Mine was caused by a wifi management app that i used. Issue disappeared after i uninstalled it. The app is "auto wifi"

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
23rd July 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #8  
PoisonWolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 478
 
2,131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alancito10t

I didn't root the phone, and it has the original Gingerbread 2.3.6.

If you're completely stock, and still on Gingerbread....and you're ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU ARE ON GINGERBREAD......like REALLY SURE....

Then do a factory reset and use the phone "as is" without installing any new apps for a week.

If you're good for a week with no reboots, then it's surely an app that's causing it. =)
23rd July 2012, 07:21 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf


If you're good for a week with no reboots, then it's surely an app that's causing it. =)


i have had numerous similar issues with my note -kept restarting over and over - then freezing up - then returns to lock screen
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1770414

now its sitting in the service centre

How to find out which app is causing these issues - i have 210 apps currenlty
Last edited by ilegales; 23rd July 2012 at 07:23 PM.
23rd July 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #10  
abhinav quietly brilliant's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 237
 
966 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alancito10t

Hi,

I have my Note since 2 months ago. It restarted, but only 4-5 times a WEEK. Yesterday, I was browsing Internet and Note restarted. 'Ok, normal I said'. The phone turned on and I entered Internet. Again, it restarted. I wait the phone to start, and when I was unlocking it, it restarted. And restarted, and restarted, and restarted. So I take the sd off and turn on the phone. No problems. Then I put the SD card. Turn on the phone. No problems! Until now. Same happened. Same I did. It restarted only 1 time, then no problems. But I pay too much for this phone (in the country I live) and with my old Ace it didn't happened! It's annoying, EVERY TIME I TURN OFF THE PHONE AND THEN TURN IT ON, RESTARTS! And I have to take off the battery 2 times, put it 2 times, wait for the phone two times, and put the sd card. It's really annoying!! Someone can help me?

alancito10t

i had the same problem but the problem is caused by apex launcher in my note so i uninstalled it and it's back to normall now.. may be you can also give it a try

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gingerbread, note, phone, reboot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes