Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 36,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note keeps restarting, but no like other threads!

Tip us?

alancito10t
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Note keeps restarting, but no like other threads!

Hi,

I have my Note since 2 months ago. It restarted, but only 4-5 times a WEEK. Yesterday, I was browsing Internet and Note restarted. 'Ok, normal I said'. The phone turned on and I entered Internet. Again, it restarted. I wait the phone to start, and when I was unlocking it, it restarted. And restarted, and restarted, and restarted. So I take the sd off and turn on the phone. No problems. Then I put the SD card. Turn on the phone. No problems! Until now. Same happened. Same I did. It restarted only 1 time, then no problems. But I pay too much for this phone (in the country I live) and with my old Ace it didn't happened! It's annoying, EVERY TIME I TURN OFF THE PHONE AND THEN TURN IT ON, RESTARTS! And I have to take off the battery 2 times, put it 2 times, wait for the phone two times, and put the sd card. It's really annoying!! Someone can help me?

alancito10t

morkli
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I wouldn't say any of that is normal. I think you should consider making a warranty claim.

adelmundo
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by alancito10t View Post
Hi,

I have my Note since 2 months ago. It restarted, but only 4-5 times a WEEK. Yesterday, I was browsing Internet and Note restarted. 'Ok, normal I said'. The phone turned on and I entered Internet. Again, it restarted. I wait the phone to start, and when I was unlocking it, it restarted. And restarted, and restarted, and restarted. So I take the sd off and turn on the phone. No problems. Then I put the SD card. Turn on the phone. No problems! Until now. Same happened. Same I did. It restarted only 1 time, then no problems. But I pay too much for this phone (in the country I live) and with my old Ace it didn't happened! It's annoying, EVERY TIME I TURN OFF THE PHONE AND THEN TURN IT ON, RESTARTS! And I have to take off the battery 2 times, put it 2 times, wait for the phone two times, and put the sd card. It's really annoying!! Someone can help me?

alancito10t
What ROM are you on? Maybe try reflashing stock ROM on your phone?

sitanshu91
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I think you can try factory reset if you are on gb or some other safe rom if on unsafe room please don't do reset coz of brick bug

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

parisayo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Are you on a custom ROM?

Of not then I'd just get it sent back as it not something you have done.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

alancito10t
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I didn't root the phone, and it has the original Gingerbread 2.3.6.

l0rd_almighty
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I had this issue before. Mine was caused by a wifi management app that i used. Issue disappeared after i uninstalled it. The app is "auto wifi"

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

PoisonWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 472
Quote:
I didn't root the phone, and it has the original Gingerbread 2.3.6.
If you're completely stock, and still on Gingerbread....and you're ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU ARE ON GINGERBREAD......like REALLY SURE....

Then do a factory reset and use the phone "as is" without installing any new apps for a week.

If you're good for a week with no reboots, then it's surely an app that's causing it. =)
Past successful purchases - kmdub with AT&T Palm Pre Plus(link).
-

ilegales
Old
(Last edited by ilegales; 23rd July 2012 at 06:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonWolf View Post

If you're good for a week with no reboots, then it's surely an app that's causing it. =)

i have had numerous similar issues with my note -kept restarting over and over - then freezing up - then returns to lock screen
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1770414

now its sitting in the service centre

How to find out which app is causing these issues - i have 210 apps currenlty

abhinav quietly brilliant
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Hi,

alancito10t
i had the same problem but the problem is caused by apex launcher in my note so i uninstalled it and it's back to normall now.. may be you can also give it a try

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Happy cm user using cm since cm 6..!

Tags
android, gingerbread, note, phone, reboot