Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] AirDroid - Control your device form your PC

Tip us?

Gadgetz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 495
Default [App] AirDroid - Control your device form your PC

I have just discovered my new favorite app!

AirDroid is a fast, free app that lets you wirelessly manage your Android from your favorite browser.
=================
Enjoy below features after installation from the comfort of your favorite web browser on Windows/Mac/Linux computer or other devices:
(Video Guide: http://youtu.be/WfNnQxpw7Uw)
*Files
Transfer files between Android devices and computers. Now with drag & drop support.
Cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card.
*SMS
Receive, send, forward or delete SMS messages.
*Apps
Install, uninstall, backup, search apps and do batch processing.
*Photos
Preview, delete, upload, download, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop.
*Clipboard
Share clipboard text between desktop and device.
*Contacts
Group, search, create contacts, check and delete call logs.
*Ringtones
Search, preview, upload, download, delete and customize ringtones for phone calls, notifications and alarms.
*Music
Play, search, upload, download, delete, or set as phone call, notification and alarm ringtones.
**New features added in v.1.0.5**
*QR code login via web.airdroid.com
Tired of the long IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx?
Scan the QR code on web.airdroid.com and you are all set.
*Https connection
Stay safe even on a public Wi-Fi network.
*Realtime Android screen (experimental feature, root permission required)
View your Android's screen, take a screenshot, or even record a screencast.
*Multiple virtual desktops
AirDroid is designed for multitasking. Move apps between desktops to better organize your work.
*Video (Quick Time plugin required)
Mobile devices are great for videos shooting, but big screen computer may be better for viewing these clips, isn't it?
*More features
Device photo match for most devices, various widgets (calendar, weather, url transfer, clipboard, etc.), frequent contacts...
★AirDroid in your language
AirDroid now speaks many languages including:
English, 日本語, Espa˝ol, Italiano, Franšais, Deutsch
Thanks to our enthusiastic users around the world: http://crowdin.net/project/airdroid/activity_stream
You can improve the existing translation or make new translation. Join the community here: http://airdroid.com/forum/categories/localization
=================
AirDroid also comes with the following inbuilt features:
*Device Status
Real-time ROM, SD Card, Battery, CPU and RAM status report & monitor with charts to demonstrate available/used/total resources, and one-tap memory boost.
*Tasks Manager
Kill or uninstall running apps, batch operation supported.
*Apps Manager
Uninstall, share or check details of user and system apps.
*Files
Control Cut, copy, rename, send/share, delete, sort and create visible or hidden folders and files.
=================
What's the requirements to run AirDroid?
AirDroid should be compatible with most Android devices running Android 2.1 or later. The Web Desktop should be compatible with most modern web browsers, including Chrome 12 or later, Firefox 3.6 or later, Safari 5.0 or later (For best performance IE is not recommended).

Here's a screenshot from my PC running the client

Get the app at the Play Store

AirDroid
The Following User Says Thank You to Gadgetz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LIGHTSOUT225
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The messaging features are nice, but outside of that, Kies Air works just as fast for wireless transfering. I downladed this, but Im not sure I have a great use for it.

mossolb
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I use AirDroid too. I just gave Kies Air a try for the first time and I am suprised at what it has, I thought it was going to be a basic way to transfer files to and from the phone. But it's missing the App manager that AirDroid has which makes it a bit better.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P - Stock
Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-l710 - CM 10.2.1 stable
Dell Venue 8 Pro
HP TouchPad - AOKP M5

Iphony89
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTSOUT225 View Post
The messaging features are nice, but outside of that, Kies Air works just as fast for wireless transfering. I downladed this, but Im not sure I have a great use for it.
Use it once and you'll never look back

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

40mpg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
That'll be nice if the android device and the PC can be on different network. My work computer is on the main network while the wifi is separate.

zmore
Old
(Last edited by zmore; 23rd July 2012 at 06:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 877
AirDroid still doesn't support the S3's external storage SD at /mnt/extSdCard/; only the internal SD. I emailed the dev, and received a generic response:

Quote:
We are sorry that external SD card is not supported by the current version. Improvement will be made in the near future.

Please kindly stay tuned.

Best Regards.
--
AirDroid Support Team
Also, FWIW, I tried bind mounting /mnt/extSdCard at various other common locations to see if it would pick them up, but it didn't. (Bind mounting just duplicates a directory tree somewhere else).

What I tried:
Code:
mount -oremount,rw /
mkdir /emmc
mkdir /mnt/emmc
mkdir /external_sd
mkdir /mnt/external_sd
mount -obind /mnt/extSdCard /emmc
mount -obind /mnt/extSdCard /mnt/emmc
mount -obind /mnt/extSdCard /external_sd
mount -obind /mnt/extSdCard /mnt/external_sd
Restarted AirDroid, reconnected, no dice.

Can't wait to see this bug fixed, because all my pics are on the external SD and MTP in Linux doesn't see my external SD either, so my only option at the moment is either a hack to mount external storage as usb massstorage, or (and what i've been doing), periodically adb pulling everything.

(FYI: another app similar to AirDroid, named WiFile, also doesn't support external storage)
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Primary Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012); ROM: CM11
Working museum piece: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897); ROM: CM11; kernel: Stock @ 1.0GHz
(Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock); Retired devices: SGS3 (SGH-i747), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

tgmorris
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore View Post
AirDroid still doesn't support the S3's external storage SD at /mnt/extSdCard/; only the internal SD. I emailed the dev, and received a generic response:

<snip>
Which is interesting as it does see all the content that I've placed on the external SD card and can access pictures etc. in addition to being able to display the usage stats for the card.

zmore
Old
(Last edited by zmore; 23rd July 2012 at 08:29 PM.) Reason: added quickie screenshot
Thanks Meter 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmorris View Post
Which is interesting as it does see all the content that I've placed on the external SD card and can access pictures etc. in addition to being able to display the usage stats for the card.
I don't see usage stats for the card, but I did notice that it's at least merging the Photos on my external sd with the rest of my stuff on the internal (confusing).

I want to be able to browse everything, though.

internal is 16G; the missing external is 64G:

It's also unfortunate that when you download stuff from your phone it adds your files to zipfiles without preserving the timestamps:
Code:
$ unzip -l Photos_downloaded_by_AirDroid.zip 
Archive:  Photos_downloaded_by_AirDroid.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
   268424  07-23-2012 15:25   20120718_150418.jpg
   274892  07-23-2012 15:25   20120718_150314.jpg
  3265075  07-23-2012 15:25   20120721_121305.jpg
   379069  07-23-2012 15:25   20120719_004443-1.jpg
  2450759  07-23-2012 15:25   20120721_124415.jpg
   281749  07-23-2012 15:25   20120718_150330.jpg
  3764971  07-23-2012 15:25   20120721_123420.jpg
   284187  07-23-2012 15:25   20120719_004330-1.jpg
   269182  07-23-2012 15:25   20120718_150349.jpg
  4027351  07-23-2012 15:25   20120721_121819_HDR.jpg
  2076553  07-23-2012 15:25   20120718_160850.jpg
---------                     -------
 17342212                     11 files
Still, better than the abortion known as MTP.
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Primary Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012); ROM: CM11
Working museum piece: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897); ROM: CM11; kernel: Stock @ 1.0GHz
(Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock); Retired devices: SGS3 (SGH-i747), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

tgmorris
Old
Thanks Meter 17
When I click on the Detail button I get the following so it would seem that it can read the card. That or it's getting the info from some other system location - which is certainly possible.

Both the internal and external are 16GB.

Earthdog
Old
Thanks Meter 78

DONATE TO ME
Yes we need you to mount /MNT/extSdCard so we can access the External SD Card. PLEASE.......... Awesome app.
Quotes to Live by:

If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good.

Don't complain unless you are willing to offer a solution and participate in the solution. If not then SHUTUP!!!