- MIUI4 v2.8.10 (ported from MIUI UK's Arc S ROM) based on CM9-FXP133
- Stable, Fast, Clean and Light with no bundled nonsense - design goal of a fast and lite ROM
- Volume+ Mod (Hold volume to skip music tracks while screen is off)
- New Adreno Drivers, KSM-enabled and many other reliable performance enhancements
- Everything works (nearly, important stuff works). See the "Status" section below.
- See the changelog for extended details on changes compared to stock MIUI.
Fully working (bug reports accepted if you find issues):
- Wifi and Wifi Hotspot
- Data and Calls
- SMS and MMS
- MIUI Browser
- Camera (from CM9)
- Gamepad/Touchpads (Partial - working in most good games and emu's - same as CM9)
- Rotation (Auto and on gamepad slide)
- LBE Guard
- All other MIUI apps (including Gallery and Music)
- YouTube HD Playback
- USB Storage
- Location, Compass and GPS
- Google Maps (but buggy Positioning/Compass, OK in other Map software)
- Everything else? Report it if something is missing here.
- CDMA Network/Patch (R800x)
- Proximity sensor (CM9 issue)
- Automatic Brightness (CM9 issue) (Disable it manually)
- MTP (Media-mode USB) (MIUI issue)
- Google Maps compass/orientation (Unknown issue )
Other/minor issues (low priority) already known are in post #2. Check there too before reporting any issues.
Download and Installation:
(1) Flash any CM9-based kernel with fastboot.
(2) Download Turbo UI v0.61 flashable ZIP and copy to sdCard
(3) Boot into CWM-Recovery 6; Format Data, Format Cache, install the update ZIP, reboot.
(4) Let the ROM settle for a bit, it will be laggy and the Media scanning will take a while to "kick in" - this seems to be an MIUI bug. Wait a few minutes, keep checking Gallery and Music for it to start filling up. Then reboot again. Keyboard does not work until you reboot once.
(5) If you want to set custom tones from SDCard, I suggest ES File Explorer for browsing to the Ogg/Mp3 manually (I've tested it and it works, many other File Explorers don't).
If you have issues such as bootloops, frozen kernel logo, wifi issues, anything not reported here - please try to flash latest stock firmware in flashtool and start from step (1) again! This will fully wipe the phone and start off with a clean slate, it CAN and DOES fix random issues after flashing a lot of ROM's and kernels! For R800i, R800a, R800at (GSM) - Flash Firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 with latest Flashtool.
(2) Install the ROM as normal (steps above), then install the Turbo UI CDMA Patch Alpha 1
(3) It is currently in testing stages, please logcat any FC's or if something doesn't work (full logcats please). Do not use it yet if you are unwilling to deal with it not working and can't send logcats!
CDMA Work in progress I have enough logcats until next patch. R800x users - do not use this ROM yet.
~ See post #3 for Fixes/Patches and Addons ~
Setup: FXP-Turbo1a kernel; Intellidemand @ 249-1401mhz, CFQ
v0.61 ----- - Fix FC's due to APKTool bugs from Wifi Hotspot fix - Fix Play Store FC's (had to update AppWidgetPicker and remove integrated Play Store update) - Updated LBE Guard with newest fixed version (v2.8.10 Multilang) v0.60 ----- - Project reboot: ROM Renamed, reworked all framework patches, performance and stability improvements - Update: CM9-FXP133 - Update: MIUI v2.8.10 - Update: Adreno graphics drivers (better performance) - Update: System package signature checking disabled entirely (unsigned system packages now possible) - Update: Ported older LBE Security app in since the newest one in 2.8.10 is broken - Fixed: Contacts > Set up my profile - Fixed: Contacts > Add New - Fixed: Screen Security - Fixed: Browser crash on Listview invoke - Fixed: MMS (tested picture message sending and receiving) - Fixed: Wifi Hotspot (tested) - New: Default theme - New: DSP Manager (from CM9) - New: Service Menu (enter *#*#SERVICE#*#* on dialpad) (Many things not working due to CM9 base) v0.50 ----- - Update: Wifi modules for LuPuS v3 kernel - Update: 720p video recording (requires LuPuS v3 kernel) - Update: Reverted attempted MMS fix to get SMS going again (will release MR's for a bit after this) - New: Default tones, wallpapers and GoogleTTS returned to /system - New: Aroma installer - Aroma: 'Customize' option (modify most things below without reinstalling) - Aroma: VM Preset option (Elite install) (defaults to new tweaked 'Balanced' setting) - Aroma: Bootanimation selection (LuPuS UI, CosmicUI or original MIUI4) - Aroma: Added/returned Gtalk which installs to /data - Aroma: Removed apps from system, now optional /data installs: MIUI Compass, MIUI Gallery, MIUI Music - Aroma: Added apps as optional data installs: ES File Explorer, SD Maid, Titanium Backup - Aroma: Added Link2SD options with selectable ext2/3/4 script preinstall v0.40 ----- - New: CM9 libraries and binaries updated to FXP-131 - New: MIUI version updated to v2.7.27 - New: Playstation and Xperia Play certification - New: Chargemon (offline charging) graphics - New: System package signature verification/comparison disabled (makes modding/updating possible without resigning entire framework) - New: AppWidgetPicker (group Add > Widget by subpackage) - New: Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) enabled - New: Assets allowed to be purged now enabled - Update: Gamepad/touchpad fixes (for most games, same as CM9) - Update: Fixed MMS. Maybe. Hopefully didn't break SMS :) - Update: Sorting initial Home icons - Updated: Attempted fix on MediaScanner taking too long to start (MIUI v2.7.27 bug) - Removed: All ringtones/notifications/alarms/wallpapers except defaults (download ZIP and extract to SDCard if you want all back) - Removed: GoogleTTS.apk - Removed: All TTS languages v0.31 ----- - Removed Telocation (useful only in China) - Fixed Calls (again) -_- - Fixed Data and APN's - Fixed SMS - Initial work for future R800x compatibility (merge in massive chunks of CM9 code) - Removed AudioEffectService, AccessoryKeyDispatcher and ServiceMenu (they were broken) - Removed unneeded permissions - Reverted to MIUI Browser due to CM9 browser issues (but still uses CM9 webkit) v0.3 ---- - Added Volume+ mod (Hold volume to skip music tracks) (Credits to... me!) - Fixed Phone and Data (properly this time) - Fixed Phone app crashing when headset plugged in - Removed FM Radio (does the Play support it? Don't know, doesn't interest me) - Added some SEMC stuff... something about audio effect (xLoud?) and Service Menu. Needs testing. - Removed "Dark Blue Mint" theme due to bugs (e.g. black-text-on-dark-background). Might bring it back later. - Updated Phonesky (Play Store) to latest version - Fixed "AccessoryKeyDispatcher". I think. Whatever it is. v0.2 ---- - Fixed Media Scanner, MIUI Gallery and MIUI Music - Fixed MIUI Phone app crashing due to disabled proxy sensor in kernel (force ignore set) - Replaced MIUI Browser (and most of the WebKit core) with CM9 version, MIUI Browser is too difficult to port - Removed broken MIUI Camera and replaced with CM9 Camera - New theming and wallpaper in LuPuS style (FYI, Lupus is Latin for 'Wolf') - Some other last-minute fixes before public release, I forget the details... v0.1 ---- - Initial version - Based on official CM9-RC2 for Zeus and MIUI UK's 2.7.20 for the Arc S
Credits and Thanks:
- For bringing LuPuS kernel (the roots of the ROM), inspiration and motivation
- For giving permission to integrate his theme "Dark Blue Mint" with my own modifications
- The main icons are a small rip from "Suave HD Redone" theme for MIUI (used with permission). If you want the full icon pack with over a thousand awesome launcher icons, check out the original thread (make sure you get the MIUI4 version).
Cyanogenmod Team, Jerpelea (and FXP contributors), Sony Mobile and Xiaomi
- Self-explanatory really *bows*
- His valuable guide on porting MIUI (and also for suggesting what I'm doing was just too much work = incredible motivation )
- For being a legendary Android addict with no personal life, hacking around for fun and education... yeah, I rock... well done Dan xD
...and everyone who used CosmicUI for the X10, include all the credits there too
Choice Tips and Tricks for those new to MIUI:
Some of these were taken from the official MIUI English site - check this page for more!
- Press "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the same time to print a screen. The printed image is saved as PNG in "Pictures\Screenshots" on the SDCard.
- On the lockscreen, hold "Home" to turn on the Torch
- On the lockscreen, double-tap the padlock icon to toggle the music controls on or off
- By default, MIUI will group all app notifications together. If you want the classic behavior back, check the option in Settings > Status bar Settings > Customize status bar notification > disable "Hide notification"