Donate to Me
More
Background:

Device:
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII (S3)
  • Verizon Wireless
  • Stock Rom Rooted Using "root66"
  • ClockWorkMod Recovery

I have just noticed in my "Frozen List" (via ROM Toolbox App Manager) that "SecPhone" is Frozen. I honestly do not remember messing with this at all. I am not the type of person to just "Test" things without researching it for at least a few hours via XDA and Google. I am sure I could have accidently Frozen it, but I have not taken note of it like I usually do when I make changes (in a notebook). I have no clue how long it has been like that and I have not noticed anything different about my phone.

I searched Google and XDA to find ANY information on this, but all I was able to find is something to do with a MOD that can be done to it to change the increasing ring volume on incoming calls. I also found information about someone using it to change the color of the "Answer Button" on an incoming call. I was wondering if someone could help me further to understand exactly what this is and what it does.

Issues:
  • None that I am aware of.
  • Nothing that I have noticed.

Questions
  • What is: SecPhone - com.sec.phone - SecPhone.apk-1 - Sec.Phone.apk ?
  • What is it's functions?
  • Is this bad that it is frozen?
  • What effects can it have on the device? (good/bad)
  • What would you do?

-h3llsdr0id
The Following User Says Thank You to h311sdr0id For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3llsdr0id

Background:

Device:

• Samsung Galaxy SIII (S3)
  • Verizon Wireless
  • Stock Rom Rooted Using "root66"
  • ClockWorkMod Recovery

I have just noticed in my "Frozen List" (via ROM Toolbox App Manager) that "SecPhone" is Frozen. I honestly do not remember messing with this at all. I am not the type of person to just "Test" things without researching it for at least a few hours via XDA and Google. I am sure I could have accidently Frozen it, but I have not taken note of it like I usually do when I make changes (in a notebook). I have no clue how long it has been like that and I have not noticed anything different about my phone.

I searched Google and XDA to find ANY information on this, but all I was able to find is something to do with a MOD that can be done to it to change the increasing ring volume on incoming calls. I also found information about someone using it to change the color of the "Answer Button" on an incoming call. I was wondering if someone could help me further to understand exactly what this is and what it does.

Issues:
  • None that I am aware of.
  • Nothing that I have noticed.

Questions
  • What is: SecPhone - com.sec.phone - SecPhone.apk-1 - Sec.Phone.apk ?
  • What is it's functions?
  • Is this bad that it is frozen?
  • What effects can it have on the device? (good/bad)
  • What would you do?

-h3llsdr0id

Was wondering the same thing myself. When I look at the list of running applications I see this service running under another service called syncmlsvc. I've been trying to find if this is a necessary service or is it safe to freeze.
24th July 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 569

1,557 posts
More
I've always frozen com.sec.phone on every phone I've rooted without any problems.

The reason I would freeze it, is because it always showed up under Running Apps, and I had no clue to it's function.

If I don't know what it's doing, and it doesn't hurt my phone to freeze it, then it gets frozen.

My GSII still has this frozen and it's been over a year easy, no problems..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ingenious247 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

7 posts
I think you will find the answer here on w w w.group-ssi.com website

"Secphone Mobile is a full-secured phone which is designed and certified not only to prevent any kind of eavesdropping of communications on all bearers (Voice, Data…) and networks (ISDN, PSTN, GSM, 3G, satellite), but also to prevent any data theft for industrial espionage.

Secure your conversations on 3g

With SecphoneŽ-Mobile, wireless calls are potected against any attempt of interception.
Cryptographic elements are managed in a sartcard, offering a very high level of security.
Secphone Mobile is the first solution able to rovide a total security for communicating mobile evices on UMTS, with “on air” encryption for Voice
over IP and Data.
Secphone Mobile is also shipped with embedded ata encryption PIM module for files, personal iformation and emails.
A strong box security layer

ScphoneŽ-mobile is based on the CryptoSmart tchnology, a Javacard applet implementing a fully idependent cryptosystem from the handset. It povides high-level security (AES 256 bits encryption uing dual session keys – regenerated at each connection – RSA 1664 bits authentication, with Diffie-Hellman challenge)."
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lavituyen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
com.sec.phone, secphone, secphone.apk
Previous Thread Next Thread