Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Portenzo Cases Confirmed!!!

Tip us?

bustinstugots24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLACKER67 View Post
I asked them about the smart sensor.

Do the Alano for Nexus 7 cases have magnets to wake the device?

Yes it does.

Thanks,
Scott
How is that possible? Where the hell would they put it?

bustinstugots24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
Just got mine and it is as advertised, quite good quality. Only thing I'm not 100% happy about is that my colors aren't really like the website, quite off actually. Also my buttons though accessible, aren't easy to use, but I don't need them often enough that it is a deal breaker.
Do you have to kinda dig your finger in there to turn the power button on and mess around with the volume rocker?
Kinda looks that way.

ppp38
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46L View Post
Just got mine and it is as advertised, quite good quality. Only thing I'm not 100% happy about is that my colors aren't really like the website, quite off actually. Also my buttons though accessible, aren't easy to use, but I don't need them often enough that it is a deal breaker.
The Red looks a lot brighter. What color liner is that though?

Mustang46L
Old
Thanks Meter 3
That is actually the orange with the darker blue liner. Both are way darker than I thought.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Fluxman
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustinstugots24 View Post
How is that possible? Where the hell would they put it?
If you watch the video of the Alano Case for the iPad, you can see the smart sensor is working (screen turns on and off). The ItelliStand also looks like it uses magnets to hold it. Obviously they get those magnets in somehow (maybe sewn into the leather?)

asindragon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ok just ot mine really like the quality of the case looks really nice. Weight is 6 oz, it does feel quiet a bit heavier in my hands but it's a trade off for looks and protection. I have the full body invisible shield and it still was able to sit in their quiet nicely though very very snug. Where the buttons are I do feel like it's a bit harder and you have to dig your finger into there. I tried playing Pandora and it sounded great. It does sound a bit louder but not dramatic. The smart cover type feature works no problems, I did not get the intelistand so I can't speak on that. For the money I'm very happy I went with Portenzo though. I travel on the train daily and the ability to disguise it as a book offers another advantage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0189.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	1238293   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0190.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	1238294   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0191.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	1238295   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0192.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	1238296  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asindragon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lin013190
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Treegloo Case

I love the case!

I got black leather cover, with yellow cloth inside, natural accent wood with kinetic latch.

I love the outside cover and awesome inside cloth. It feels great in my hand. My nexus 7 fits perfectly, doesn't fall out when I shake vigorously and it's pretty easy to take out when needed. It's sleek, light, perfect for gaming, reading, and watching tv/movies with the kinetic latch.!

I've attached some pictures, if you have questions ask away.

They have amazing customer service too! They respond to emails late at night and I'm on the west coast (Treegloo is in Midwest). They messed up on the kinetic latch, they said it was shorter than expected. They overnighted shipped me the extended latch through Fedex Overnight. Will be getting it soon.

Attached some photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120802_174403.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	1238354   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174436.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	1238355   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174446.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	1238356   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174451.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	1238358   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174509.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	1238359  

Name:	20120802_174534.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	1238360   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174603.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	1238362   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174926.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	1238363   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174935.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	1238364   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120802_174944.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	1238365  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lin013190 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bustinstugots24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin013190 View Post
I love the case!

I got black leather cover, with yellow cloth inside, natural accent wood with kinetic latch.

I love the outside cover and awesome inside cloth. It feels great in my hand. My nexus 7 fits perfectly, doesn't fall out when I shake vigorously and it's pretty easy to take out when needed. It's sleek, light, perfect for gaming, reading, and watching tv/movies with the kinetic latch.!

They have amazing customer service too! They respond to emails late at night and I'm on the west coast (Treegloo is in Midwest). They messed up on the kinetic latch, they said it was shorter than expected. They overnighted shipped me the extended latch through Fedex Overnight. Will be getting it soon.

Attached some photos
That's not a portenzo case.... That's a treegloo. I'm looking at the pics and I'm saying to myself what did they change the design??? Lol

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

ppp38
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin013190 View Post
I love the case!

Attached some photos
This TreeGloo case looks really good. I like the cut of the wood better than the Portenzo. And, TreeGloo is actually based in TX, not the midwest.

bustinstugots24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxman View Post
If you watch the video of the Alano Case for the iPad, you can see the smart sensor is working (screen turns on and off). The ItelliStand also looks like it uses magnets to hold it. Obviously they get those magnets in somehow (maybe sewn into the leather?)

you are absolutely right i didn't realize it. Makes me want the alano even more. Too bad it costs an arm and a leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asindragon View Post
Ok just ot mine really like the quality of the case looks really nice. Weight is 6 oz, it does feel quiet a bit heavier in my hands but it's a trade off for looks and protection. I have the full body invisible shield and it still was able to sit in their quiet nicely though very very snug. Where the buttons are I do feel like it's a bit harder and you have to dig your finger into there. I tried playing Pandora and it sounded great. It does sound a bit louder but not dramatic. The smart cover type feature works no problems, I did not get the intelistand so I can't speak on that. For the money I'm very happy I went with Portenzo though. I travel on the train daily and the ability to disguise it as a book offers another advantage.
Just curious did u get the buckram black or the faux leather? I'm so happy the sound is a bit louder. Awesome. Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app