Post Reply

☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

2nd February 2013, 09:07 PM   |  #16871  
prdog1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 4,591
 
7,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtytn

cwm just aborded aroma any reason why i downloaded this rom the first day he added

Have no Idea. Haven't used CWM in years. What version do you have and is download good.
2nd February 2013, 09:14 PM   |  #16872  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Great ROM Team Synergy! I was running Synergy r50 since I got my phone last summer (yes I don't flash too often). Finally decided to upgrade to JB. Very smooth so far. Not getting any random reboots or FC's (I went r50 -> Odin to root66 JB -> superwipe to r326).

Some things I noticed:
- Good battery life for me. Getting ~25hrs with 3.5-4 hrs screen time.

- AOSP lockscreen is broken. Disabling ripple effect doesn't help. Also a little bit of TW locksceen lag that went away once I disabled effects.

- Youtube still auto-rotates when watching a video even though I disabled auto-rotate in Aroma and toggled it off (could be Youtube problem and not the ROM. My other apps rotate correctly).

- I was getting some lag with the stock keyboard but once I installed Swype it went away. But I think it was like that when I install stock JB.

- Ever since I upgraded, whenever I connect my phone to the PC I often get "Hardware ID missing" and I cannot view my files on the PC. Tried re-installing drivers but it happens like 75% of the time.

- When I open the email app (to read my yahoo email). The screen flickers when scrolling through the message. Using inverted email helps a bit but it still flickers for the messages that have white backgrounds.

Once again, awesome job guys and keep up the good work!
2nd February 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #16873  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 209
 
294 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645

That is not what I asked. Reread it. Thus, he did not respond to my question, either.

I re-read your post several times. Esch has stated there's no way to change the actions of the back button. So, what exactly are you asking for here if it isn't to have the action of the back button changed?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillBauman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 09:39 PM   |  #16874  
Senior Member
Bartlesville
Thanks Meter: 30
 
400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbn89

- When I open the email app (to read my yahoo email). The screen flickers when scrolling through the message. Using inverted email helps a bit but it still flickers for the messages that have white backgrounds.

Has been a problem for several builds now. I think it's safe to assume its a bug in TW itself and not anything Synergy messes with.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
2nd February 2013, 09:43 PM   |  #16875  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine07

Has been a problem for several builds now. I think it's safe to assume its a bug in TW itself and not anything Synergy messes with.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

But it was fine on stock JB. It didn't start happening until I flashed r326. I know because when I locked up trying the AOSP lockscreen I recovered to root66 JB and checked the email app to see if it had the same problem and it didn't.
2nd February 2013, 10:02 PM   |  #16876  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159
 
633 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645

That is not what I asked. Reread it. Thus, he did not respond to my question, either.

Haha...whatever dude. Symantecs.

Sent from my Synergized S3

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman

I re-read your post several times. Esch has stated there's no way to change the actions of the back button. So, what exactly are you asking for here if it isn't to have the action of the back button changed?

Exactly! I think he wants eschelon to specifically address his question. The issue is he is failing to see eschelon already answered his question by ruling out a different question......he can't change the way the back button works. Instead he wants to keep beating a dead horse demanding an answer to his question specifically. Just let it go as he won't really ever get it.

Sent from my Synergized S3
2nd February 2013, 10:18 PM   |  #16877  
KGBxxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bloomfield Hills, MI
Thanks Meter: 105
 
1,014 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbn89

But it was fine on stock JB. It didn't start happening until I flashed r326. I know because when I locked up trying the AOSP lockscreen I recovered to root66 JB and checked the email app to see if it had the same problem and it didn't.

Try switching off foce gpu rendering in developers options. I read that helps with flickering.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to KGBxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 10:37 PM   |  #16878  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBxxx

Try switching off foce gpu rendering in developers options. I read that helps with flickering.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! Disabling "Force GPU Rendering" does indeed get rid of the flickering. Haven't noticed any real increase in lag by switching it off. Then again I really don't do alot of graphically intensive stuff on my phone. Now that I think back, it was disabled by default on stock (along with other Dev. options). So the flickering probably is a TW thing.
Last edited by corbn89; 2nd February 2013 at 10:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to corbn89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #16879  
Senior Member
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 42
 
537 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman

I re-read your post several times. Esch has stated there's no way to change the actions of the back button. So, what exactly are you asking for here if it isn't to have the action of the back button changed?

I'm asking for it to be handled LIKE the menu button. See the post I referenced about the key logs. The icon request is additional and back long press would still launch the multiwindow. You have to read everything in context.
2nd February 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #16880  
Senior Member
Flag Locust Grove, GA
Thanks Meter: 35
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645

Which part? He hasn't responded since I pointed out the key behavior.

Maybe not to you directly, but ech has already stated that changing the functionality of the soft keys would require a massive kernel revision so it ain't gonna happen, ever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy S III Android Development by ThreadRank