Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

Tip us?

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingtytn View Post
cwm just aborded aroma any reason why i downloaded this rom the first day he added
Have no Idea. Haven't used CWM in years. What version do you have and is download good.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535

corbn89
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Great ROM Team Synergy! I was running Synergy r50 since I got my phone last summer (yes I don't flash too often). Finally decided to upgrade to JB. Very smooth so far. Not getting any random reboots or FC's (I went r50 -> Odin to root66 JB -> superwipe to r326).

Some things I noticed:
- Good battery life for me. Getting ~25hrs with 3.5-4 hrs screen time.

- AOSP lockscreen is broken. Disabling ripple effect doesn't help. Also a little bit of TW locksceen lag that went away once I disabled effects.

- Youtube still auto-rotates when watching a video even though I disabled auto-rotate in Aroma and toggled it off (could be Youtube problem and not the ROM. My other apps rotate correctly).

- I was getting some lag with the stock keyboard but once I installed Swype it went away. But I think it was like that when I install stock JB.

- Ever since I upgraded, whenever I connect my phone to the PC I often get "Hardware ID missing" and I cannot view my files on the PC. Tried re-installing drivers but it happens like 75% of the time.

- When I open the email app (to read my yahoo email). The screen flickers when scrolling through the message. Using inverted email helps a bit but it still flickers for the messages that have white backgrounds.

Once again, awesome job guys and keep up the good work!

BillBauman
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
That is not what I asked. Reread it. Thus, he did not respond to my question, either.
I re-read your post several times. Esch has stated there's no way to change the actions of the back button. So, what exactly are you asking for here if it isn't to have the action of the back button changed?
Please click Thanks if I helped. It's a universal feel good button that helps others know someone is generally helpful.

Phone (ROM Link) - Verizon GS4 (Hyperdrive ROM GS4 Edition), Google Nexus 4 (XenonHD for Mako)

I use 2 VZ GS4's for US and international use (no issues with non-VZ SIMs). I keep a Nexus 4 around as a backup and certain MMI codes that TW cannot execute in foreign countries. It's awesome with XenonHD, but doesn't match the GS4 in pleasure of use or battery life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillBauman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blaine07
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbn89 View Post
- When I open the email app (to read my yahoo email). The screen flickers when scrolling through the message. Using inverted email helps a bit but it still flickers for the messages that have white backgrounds.
Has been a problem for several builds now. I think it's safe to assume its a bug in TW itself and not anything Synergy messes with.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

corbn89
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine07 View Post
Has been a problem for several builds now. I think it's safe to assume its a bug in TW itself and not anything Synergy messes with.

But it was fine on stock JB. It didn't start happening until I flashed r326. I know because when I locked up trying the AOSP lockscreen I recovered to root66 JB and checked the email app to see if it had the same problem and it didn't.

Schaweet
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Default Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★

Quote:
That is not what I asked. Reread it. Thus, he did not respond to my question, either.
Haha...whatever dude. Symantecs.

Sent from my Synergized S3

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman View Post
I re-read your post several times. Esch has stated there's no way to change the actions of the back button. So, what exactly are you asking for here if it isn't to have the action of the back button changed?
Exactly! I think he wants eschelon to specifically address his question. The issue is he is failing to see eschelon already answered his question by ruling out a different question......he can't change the way the back button works. Instead he wants to keep beating a dead horse demanding an answer to his question specifically. Just let it go as he won't really ever get it.

Sent from my Synergized S3

KGBxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbn89 View Post
But it was fine on stock JB. It didn't start happening until I flashed r326. I know because when I locked up trying the AOSP lockscreen I recovered to root66 JB and checked the email app to see if it had the same problem and it didn't.
Try switching off foce gpu rendering in developers options. I read that helps with flickering.

I like beer and so should you.
8"
The Following User Says Thank You to KGBxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

corbn89
Old
(Last edited by corbn89; 2nd February 2013 at 10:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBxxx View Post
Try switching off foce gpu rendering in developers options. I read that helps with flickering.

Thanks! Disabling "Force GPU Rendering" does indeed get rid of the flickering. Haven't noticed any real increase in lag by switching it off. Then again I really don't do alot of graphically intensive stuff on my phone. Now that I think back, it was disabled by default on stock (along with other Dev. options). So the flickering probably is a TW thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to corbn89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stargate125645
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman View Post
I'm asking for it to be handled LIKE the menu button. See the post I referenced about the key logs. The icon request is additional and back long press would still launch the multiwindow. You have to read everything in context.

NightRogue
Old
Thanks Meter 35

Quote:
Which part? He hasn't responded since I pointed out the key behavior.
Maybe not to you directly, but ech has already stated that changing the functionality of the soft keys would require a massive kernel revision so it ain't gonna happen, ever.