5,599,033 Members 32,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

Tip us?

NightRogue
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Default Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★

Here is an interesting one: just recently my battery starting draining pretty bad overnight. The number one culprit is blue tooth share @ 34%. Never had this before, and guesses?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfs673 View Post

This is bad for the lithium ion batteries we have in our phones!!! Do some research about lithium ion battery life, depth of discharge (DOD) and charge cycles. You will see that the longevity of these batteries is highly influenced by how far you drain them. You're best keeping them above 80% if at all practical.

These are NOT NiCad batteries that benefit from full discharge cycles. In fact, if a Lithium ion battery drains too far, it is ruined and cannot be resurrected. They have an internal circuit that helps prevent that from occurring. So when your phone says 0% left and shuts off, the battery still has enough energy stored to maintain itself for a short while. Storing a lithium ion battery at a low charge is a sure way to destroy it (cordless drills and other Li-Ion batteries are the same way). They naturally discharge due to the inherent design and storing at a low charge can take it below the point of no return.

Just want to prevent miss-information from shortening the lifespan of our member's batteries.
Did that research. Not bad for your phone, but deep cycling should only be done once every 30 or so charges. All available information say keep the charge up but run that deep cycle infrequently to recalibrate your battery meter.

Thanks for the correction. :thumbup:

Nckmsn
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★

So I just saw a tab appear on the left side of my screen. With this I could drag it out and it had a bunch of apps I could click on. It was pretty sweet.... Then it disappeared. How do I get it back!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

blee9999
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Hold down back button. Welcome to multiwindow

Sent from my SCH-I535
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blee9999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Schaweet
Old
Thanks Meter 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nckmsn View Post
So I just saw a tab appear on the left side of my screen. With this I could drag it out and it had a bunch of apps I could click on. It was pretty sweet.... Then it disappeared. How do I get it back!

Drag one of those apps to your screen and it will split screen it with whatever app you already had open.

Sent from my Synergized S3

eheinzeiii
Old
Thanks Meter 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_T_M View Post
Fasterfix.apk ....thatisall

I was once like you...then I became me
Where can I find this faster fix?

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4029
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheinzeiii View Post
Where can I find this faster fix?

In the Market. GPS Status works also.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535
The Following User Says Thank You to prdog1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cemz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Bump

Inous
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nckmsn View Post

Press and hold the back button for about 2 seconds. If you'd like to split your screen drag one app to the bottom half of your screen.

Skyroket
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Home button wake

I know we have hashed and rehashed "home button lag". I'm well aware that the purpose of this lag is to wait and see if you're going to hit it a second time to bring up S-Voice or Google Search functionality.

That being said, I really have developed the habit of using the home button to WAKE the device. Most of the time, I wake the device to the screen I was just on, and resume the task I was doing. However, if I disable the double-click functionality of the home button (using the S Voice settings menu and unchecking the box), it wakes the device AND goes to my home screen. I love the snappiness of it, and it functions normally with no waiting around, but the subsequent jump to the home screen instead of simply waking the device and remaining on my window or app is kinda annoying.

Is there anyone else out there in my situation? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simply wake the device when the home button is pressed while screen off (and actually go to a home screen if you press it while the screen is on - like normal)?

BillBauman
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyroket View Post
I know we have hashed and rehashed "home button lag". I'm well aware that the purpose of this lag is to wait and see if you're going to hit it a second time to bring up S-Voice or Google Search functionality.

That being said, I really have developed the habit of using the home button to WAKE the device. Most of the time, I wake the device to the screen I was just on, and resume the task I was doing. However, if I disable the double-click functionality of the home button (using the S Voice settings menu and unchecking the box), it wakes the device AND goes to my home screen. I love the snappiness of it, and it functions normally with no waiting around, but the subsequent jump to the home screen instead of simply waking the device and remaining on my window or app is kinda annoying.

Is there anyone else out there in my situation? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simply wake the device when the home button is pressed while screen off (and actually go to a home screen if you press it while the screen is on - like normal)?
I have this exact same issue and it's been driving me nuts. Any ideas/input here is greatly appreciated by me, as well.
Please click Thanks if I helped. It's a universal feel good button that helps others know someone is generally helpful.

Phone (ROM Link) - Verizon GS4 (Hyperdrive ROM GS4 Edition), Google Nexus 4 (XenonHD for Mako)

I use 2 VZ GS4's for US and international use (no issues with non-VZ SIMs). I keep a Nexus 4 around as a backup and certain MMI codes that TW cannot execute in foreign countries. It's awesome with XenonHD, but doesn't match the GS4 in pleasure of use or battery life.

The Following User Says Thank You to BillBauman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]