Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.2 | Floating Multiwindows! | Apr 20 r484 |★ ☆

OP eschelon

23rd February 2013, 07:02 AM   |  #17771  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 4,920

8,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushdishmeen

I thought that was the entire purpose of it. Never had issues in the past with any other ROMs. But I'll try TWRP and doing manual. thanks

It has caused problems flashing for years. Rom Manger is good for naming and managing backups. TWRP also allows renaming of backups. TWRP is actually an option in Rom Manager now. TWRP helped in developement of CWM Touch and now looks like they are working together again. Just flash roms from recovery and not the manager.
23rd February 2013, 07:38 AM   |  #17772  
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1

It has caused problems flashing for years. Rom Manger is good for naming and managing backups. TWRP also allows renaming of backups. TWRP is actually an option in Rom Manager now. TWRP helped in developement of CWM Touch and now looks like they are working together again. Just flash roms from recovery and not the manager.

Okay well... just to make sure everything was fine I did a total wipe and flash back to rooted stock 4.1.1. Installed TWRP and unlocked bootloader and then manually rebooted into recovery. Went to install and clicked on the synergy ZIp and it simply fails every time I try to flash it. Stock rom ZIP flashes fine... but synergy just fails.

ROM manager at least flashed it even though it showed up as ICS...? Any ideas? TWRP does look nicer than CWMT though.
23rd February 2013, 07:49 AM   |  #17773  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,289 posts
More
Quote:

Okay well... just to make sure everything was fine I did a total wipe and flash back to rooted stock 4.1.1. Installed TWRP and unlocked bootloader and then manually rebooted into recovery. Went to install and clicked on the synergy ZIp and it simply fails every time I try to flash it. Stock rom ZIP flashes fine... but synergy just fails.

ROM manager at least flashed it even though it showed up as ICS...? Any ideas? TWRP does look nicer than CWMT though.

I would update TWRP if not done so. Should be version 2.4.1.0. Use GooManager from Market to update if need too. It is not TWRP. I Reflash 10+ times a day. Redownload rom and check MD5 if you download via phone. Never seen a problem if downloaded via PC. Don't check MD5 or sig verification in recovery. Sounds to me download is bad.
23rd February 2013, 07:52 AM   |  #17774  

48 posts
Quote:

I would update TWRP if not done so. Should be version 2.4.1.0. Use GooManager from Market to update if need too. It is not TWRP. I Reflash 10+ times a day. Redownload rom and check MD5 if you download via phone. Never seen a problem if downloaded via PC. Don't check MD5 or sig verification in recovery. Sounds to me download is bad.

Yep TWRP is up to date and i used goo manager. Also transfered the ROM from PC. I'm going to try redownloading.. might be it because I dled from PC this time.

The first time when I flashed and got ICS synergy I dled from the phone and the ROM download was totally fine. This time TWRP might be failing because the dl was corrupt. So I'll update with the results in a few.

thanks
23rd February 2013, 07:54 AM   |  #17775  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,289 posts
More
Quote:

Yep TWRP is up to date and i used goo manager. Also transfered the ROM from PC. I'm going to try redownloading.. might be it because I dled from PC this time.

The first time when I flashed and got ICS synergy I dled from the phone and the ROM download was totally fine. This time TWRP might be failing because the dl was corrupt. So I'll update with the results in a few.

thanks

Yea. Sounds like corrupt download. If it flashed one and not another that pretty much tells you the problem.
23rd February 2013, 07:55 AM   |  #17776  
Thanks Meter: 17

126 posts
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
What is the blue thumb bar thing called? I want to remove it but don't even know what it's called.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 07:58 AM   |  #17777  
Thanks Meter: 30

97 posts
Re: ☆ ★ | ROM | SynergyROM VZW S3 | JB 4.1.1 | Multiwindow | PDroid | 1-31-13 r326 |★
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesklyne

What is the blue thumb bar thing called? I want to remove it but don't even know what it's called.

That is the multi window tab. Hold the back button down and it will disappear. BUT it is insanely use full. If you pull it away from the screen and the screen, then drag an app to the top or bottom of the screen it enables multi window and POOF. You are now utilizing Synergy as the devs intended!

Sent from my Synergized Galaxy S3 on Verizon!
The Following User Says Thank You to xdreaper15 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 07:58 AM   |  #17778  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesklyne

If you mean the Muti Window long press back button for 2 seconds and it will go away. Press for 2 seconds and will come back. Might as well keep it cause gonna be in OTA eventually.
23rd February 2013, 08:24 AM   |  #17779  

48 posts
Quote:

Yea. Sounds like corrupt download. If it flashed one and not another that pretty much tells you the problem.

Okay yea TWRP fail was because of download. But the first time it flashed with CWM and showed up as ICS. Someone else here had the same issue and fixed it, but never revealed how they fixed it. They made it seem like a simple fix.

Anyway the flash went perfect and it's 4.1.1 now thankfully. TWRP is much nicer too... the step by step install for the ROM was cool.

Thanks
23rd February 2013, 08:26 AM   |  #17780  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas

8,289 posts
More
Quote:

Okay yea TWRP fail was because of download. But the first time it flashed with CWM and showed up as ICS. Someone else here had the same issue and fixed it, but never revealed how they fixed it. They made it seem like a simple fix.

Anyway the flash went perfect and it's 4.1.1 now thankfully. TWRP is much nicer too... the step by step install for the ROM was cool.

Thanks

Now you see why I'm not a CWM fan. It shouldn't have flashed it. Glad you got it. Happy flashing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread