Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,551 Members 37,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][d2att] TWRP 2.7.1.0 touch recovery [2014-06-05]

Tip us?

Dees_Troy
Old
(Last edited by Dees_Troy; 5th June 2014 at 09:12 PM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,189

DONATE TO ME
Default [RECOVERY][d2att] TWRP 2.7.1.0 touch recovery [2014-06-05]

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.7.1.0:
-Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
-Various bugfixes to backup and restore
-Improvements to USB storage handling
-Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
-Various other bugfixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.7.0.0:
-Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
-Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
-Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
-Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
-Text wrap in the console output
-Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
-Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
-Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
-Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
-Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
-Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
-Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
-Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
-USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
-Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
-Add 4.4 decrypt support
-Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
-Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
-Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
-Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
-Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
-Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
-A few other fixes and tweaks

DOWNLOAD:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily with the TWRP Manager app:
Play Store Link
1) Install TWRP Manager from the Play Store
2) Open TWRP Manager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Advanced->Install Recovery
4) Verify the correct device name on your screen then press Install Recovery if the correct device is showing
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
The Following 109 Users Say Thank You to Dees_Troy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s1mpd1ddy
Old
Thanks Meter 76
sweet, i had the t-mobile one installed but nice to know its official for ATT.

ssfirme
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Cool
The Following User Says Thank You to ssfirme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dstruct2k
Old
(Last edited by dstruct2k; 24th July 2012 at 03:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 887

DONATE TO ME
Installed on my d2can via GooManager; Works well, but the "Mount as USB Storage" option doesn't work on either internal or external storage.
Samsung Galaxy S5 16GB - G900W8 - ROM: ....

NOTE: I am no longer maintaining the I747 threads, as I have moved on to another device.
I747 Owners: Install a custom recovery! | Try different modem firmware! | Update your bootloader!
Reddit XDA Steam Facebook YouTube Github Google+

sk8trix
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Thank you for the recovery for this device I was painfully using cwm until this got released I am very glad it is out now,I see only external works but its alright because I put most files on there to save internal memory space...Hope to see this device progress even more
AT&T and Sprint Galaxy S III Quantum ROM & Kernel
AT&T Galaxy S 4 Liquid Smooth ROM 4.4.4
Nexus 7 LTE (2013) Carbon ROM 4.4.2
AT&T Galaxy S 5 Stock 4.4.2
Galaxy Gear Null ROM
Sprint Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T237P
Follow me on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7...sQKpy3kNfmYIxA

th3g1z
Old
(Last edited by th3g1z; 24th July 2012 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8trix View Post
Thank you for the recovery for this device I was painfully using cwm until this got released I am very glad it is out now,I see only external works but its alright because I put most files on there to save internal memory space...Hope to see this device progress even more
Actually internal works.. Just that it's path is a bit odd.. Look in /data/media and there is your internal storage. I haven't tried to back up to internal yet but I did just do a backup to my extSD.

I haven't tried mount usb storage at all yet but I will when I go home. Nor have I tried a restore yet. But will soon.

Thanks Dees Troy maybe this will make fix people with IMEI troubles (well not ones who have already lost it but if CWM was the culprit then perhaps TWRP is all we need to avoid it)

Edit: Dees Troy have you any thoughts on including an EFS backup similar to what bigbiff has in TWRP 2.2.1.1 for the i717? That might also be helpful just a thought thought since we are not 100% certain of the EFS partition containing IMEI info anyway. However it may be something to consider. Thanks again Dees you da man :thumbup: :beer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Current: G2 (D800) GNote 2 LTE, Nexus 7 FHD

Past - HTC: One, Jetstream | Samsung: i717, i777 | Moto: Atrix, Backflip | LG: Thrill | Apple: iPhone 4-4S/3G-S/2G | Blackberry: 8300, 8800 | Nokia: N71 ... and you know all the others I forget going back to the startak
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to th3g1z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kurtiskobain
Old
Thanks Meter 47
has this been tested for any imei loss? i only as bc im scared to change my current CWM version for fear of imei loss

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2,659

DONATE TO ME
Woot. My favorite recovery is now officially supported by team win! Installed from goo manager. Imei still intact.
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.
The Following User Says Thank You to gunnyman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Narcistic
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtiskobain View Post
has this been tested for any imei loss? i only as bc im scared to change my current CWM version for fear of imei loss
We won't know until people here flash some roms around... Best way to lose imei seems to be flashing cm9 or 10 then going back to a nandroid backup or stock.. At least that's the common element in the spread sheet

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2,659

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcistic

We won't know until people here flash some roms around... Best way to lose imei seems to be flashing cm9 or 10 then going back to a nandroid backup or stock.. At least that's the common element in the spread sheet
Just made a backup with twrp installed cm10 and booted it. Then restored the backup. Imei still intact.
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.