Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][d2att] TWRP 2.7.1.0 touch recovery [2014-06-05]

Tip us?

timeToy
Old
Thanks Meter 178
I have this issue when trying to install the recovery from the Goo Manager market app.
"no recovery were found for your device" (AT&T S3)

Narcistic
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman View Post
Just made a backup with twrp installed cm10 and booted it. Then restored the backup. Imei still intact.
It's not guaranteed loss of imei just seems to be the trend

Artimus009
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Just did the same thing and still got my imei. Thank goodness! It's possible that twrp might be the way to go.

Thanks guys for supporting our phone!

stock rooted and rocking kt747 kernel...still got my imei
AT&T SGSIII rocking KT747

gunnyman
Old
Thanks Meter 2655

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcistic View Post
It's not guaranteed loss of imei just seems to be the trend
nothing's guaranteed of course just reporting so far so good.
Uncle Gunny says, "MAKE A NANDROID"
LG G2 Uncarriered
LG Gpad 8.3 GPE
Rooted and Xposed
Don't be a d*ck -Wil Wheaton
Unlocking and rooting your HTC One with a Mac
Oh BTW I'm fat.
The Following User Says Thank You to gunnyman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cortez.i
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Couldn't resist testing for IMEI loss....

I installed TWRP recovery via Goo app, backed up CM10 (installed via CWM) with TWRP, used TWRP to flash CWM recovery, restored a CWM stock deodexed nandroid, reinstalled TWRP to make a nandroid of the stock ROM, restored the stock via TWRP to ensure it worked and then restored CM10, which is what I've been running since 7/20. I tested for IMEI loss along the way and (so far) it's still there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
d.cortez || HTC One (M8) || SGN 3 || Nexus 7 (LTE)
"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm Happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?" --Snoopy

citsong
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeToy View Post
I have this issue when trying to install the recovery from the Goo Manager market app.
"no recovery were found for your device" (AT&T S3)
Same issue here. On the TeamWin site the only S3 option is for verizon.

rambo8987
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I don't see any installed roms in my internal sd card when in recorvery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Jhvoorhies
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcistic View Post
We won't know until people here flash some roms around... Best way to lose imei seems to be flashing cm9 or 10 then going back to a nandroid backup or stock.. At least that's the common element in the spread sheet
That means that I must've been lucky then. I had cm10 then decided to go back to my nandroid of stock. I still have my imei after flashing from that stock nandroid to aokp then back to a deodexed stock rom. I used cwm every time.

via my Samsung Galaxy S III

djkinetic
Old
Thanks Meter 1021

DONATE TO ME
I really dont think CM10/9/AOKP are the culprits for lost IMEI, in fact CWM alone may not even be to blame, I think its a combination of factors that can cause IMEI loss, one thing I think is how CWM is flashed to the phone, I've personally only used ADB to flash CWM to the phone, and havent (thank god) experienced the IMEI loss issue, however there have been reports that flashing CWM via odin and then flashing CM9/10/AOKP from stock causes IMEI loss...I'm pretty sure its quite a random occurrence though.
Current Devices:

One Plus One Sandstone Black 64GB
LG G3 D851 SIM Unlocked (ATT) 32GB
HTC One M8 32GB Gunmetal Grey
LG G-Pad 8.3 GPE
Google Nexus 7 16 GB (2013)

Google Chromecast

Add me to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/106721746210047548500/posts

Narcistic
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
I really dont think CM10/9/AOKP are the culprits for lost IMEI, in fact CWM alone may not even be to blame, I think its a combination of factors that can cause IMEI loss, one thing I think is how CWM is flashed to the phone, I've personally only used ADB to flash CWM to the phone, and havent (thank god) experienced the IMEI loss issue, however there have been reports that flashing CWM via odin and then flashing CM9/10/AOKP from stock causes IMEI loss...I'm pretty sure its quite a random occurrence though.
Losing imei is very very very rare or you would see rom threads full of crying... Cm and aokp are probably not the culprits but it's so far the only thing other than cwm that seems to be reoccurring in the occurrences that imei does disappear. Usually it seems by people using nandroid backup somewhere before or after flashing cm9/10