Send ANY file to ANYONE
CloudSend combines Dropbox + SMS to create a seamless, cross-OS way to share files
The Problems that CloudSend Solves
- Need a convenient way to send a file to someone, even if they're using another type of smartphone?
- Tired of sending files using clunky and slow methods like email?
- Sick of dealing with MMS's max image/video size and the inability to send other file types?
CloudSend solves a problem that I have been facing for ages:
It allows you to send ANY file over SMS!CloudSend integrates with your personal Dropbox to make the process of uploading files and sharing there public links seamless and easy!
How CloudSend Works:
- CloudSend authorizes with your personal, private cloud storage account (Currently, Dropbox is supported)
- You share a file from your gallery or file explorer to CloudSend
- CloudSend uploads the file to your cloud storage in the background
- When CloudSend finishes uploading the file, it places a notification prompting you to share the file's link
- Clicking this notification opens up a dialog with a plethora of options you can use to send the file, anything on your phone that can send text will work. For example: Text Messaging, Facebook, Whatsapp, Google Voice, Email
- Selecting one of these will bring the selected app up with your file's link populating the message body; now all you have to do is click send!
- CloudSend offers complete privacy; it is your very own cloud storage account that is being used. Your files are never on an additional third-parties servers.
- CloudSend doesn't limit you. When sending something over MMS the quality is degraded or the file type is not supported. CloudSend doesn't have these limitations. If it can be uploaded to your cloud storage then it can be sent using CloudSend. Even email has its size limitations; CloudSend is only limited by your cloud storage provider which typically has a max file size of 2GB.
- CloudSend can share using any service. With CloudSend you aren't limited to just SMS, CloudSend ties-in to all text communication services on your phone.
- CloudSend has parallel uploads. CloudSend can share many, many files all at the same time. You don't need to be stuck waiting for each one to finish before the next one starts.
- CloudSend remembers what you've uploaded. CloudSend won't make you reupload files you've already shared. Instead, it will ask you if you want to share the already generated link.
- CloudSend shares shortened URLs.
- CloudSend's app size is less than 1.5 mb. Why take up extra space when not needed?
- CloudSend pauses and resumes uploads in bad network conditions. CloudSend is actively working to make your life easier.
- CloudSend isn't only for phones, it also works on tablets. CloudSend is device agnostic and can help you send files from almost anything.
You can find it on the Play Store at CloudSend
To get the latest updates on CloudSend, go to: http://www.cloudsend-mobile.com
Old versions of CloudSend can be found at http://www.cloudsend-mobile.com/downloads/
CloudSend v 2.0.0 - The "FINALLY it's here" Update - Release Article HerePrevious release info can be found at http://www.cloudsend-mobile.com/cate...dsend-release/
- New UI for managing current and previous uploads
- Resend the links of already uploaded files, with no need to reupload them
- Gorgeous new Tutorial
- Everything is Holo
Thanks for all the feedback and support!
- Harder, better, faster, stronger upload service
- Better authentication handling