here it is, the beta realase of PDroidAddon for managing Camera and Microphone permissions. First of all: Big thanks to Svyat who developed the main application.
Please note: I'm not responsible for any damages on your device if you use my software. The app is not fault tolerant, so don't use it if you do not know what to do and how to install it.
UPDATE to v1.1, PDroid goes more secure:
- Fixed leaking of android_id for most applications, but not for google (they store the android_id in privacy db -> will fix that later, because it is much more work than I thought). Android_id will randomly generated. No, there is no option to block it, because otherwise your phone will not boot anymore You can fake your android_id in main PDroid application if you choose the option: "Sim Info" and then block it
- Fixed leaking of cell location and signal strength. You can block this in main application if you choose: "Network Location" or "GPS location" option. If you check one of this options (random or block), cell location will be blocked.
UPDATE to v1.2, PDroid goes more and more secure:
- Fixed leaking of privacy data
- added feature for Wifi-Privacy. You can block all wifi information without any crashes of application if you use the option: "Network Info" and then select "block". Be aware of using this option! If you block system applications you can get problems with adding new wifi networks, because the system doesn't get any scan-results.
- be also aware with android_id blocking, some apps will not start if you use this option! Implemented in option "Sim Info" in main application!
- Minor bugfixes of pdroid
- Added functions for voicemail number (some applications were able to get it via hidden methods) -> no leaking of data
- Added feature to block phone_type and network_type (e.g. phone type: CDMA, SIP networ type: HSDPA, etc). It is also implemented in in option "Network Info" in main application
- If you install v1.2 just use the patches in attachment, no filecopy needed anymore
UPDATE: PDROID and PDROIDADDON now supports JellyBean:
- PDroid and my Addon now supports jellybean. Patches will come out later, build for galaxys 2 is available.
- Rooted Phone
- ClockworkMod Recovery
- If you integrated sys Dalvik into ROM with Titanium Backup, you will have to undo it
- knowlegde about compiling your own rom, until ready patcher is out
- ICS based ROM (e.g. CM9, because patch based on CM9)
1) Do sync
repo sync -j16
patch -p1 < ~/build.diff
patch -p1 < ~/libcore.diff
patch -p1 < ~/frameworks.diff
AudioRecord.java and MediaRecorder.java to -> yourdir/frameworks/base/java/android/media/AudioRecord.java & MediaRecorder.java
Camera.java to -> yourdir/frameworks/base/core/java/android/hardware/Camera.java
MicrophoneInputStream.java to -> yourdir/frameworks/base/core/java/android/speech/srec/MicrophoneInputStream.java
4) go to source tree: yourdir/device/your_manufacturer(e.g.samsung)/your_device_model/your_device.mk and edit the file(your_device.mk) adding following:
# Secure Fake Image
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
6) Compile the source:
8) Deinstall PDroid.apk if it already exist in your system (you can save all settings with Titanium Backup and after that restore it)
9) Install PDroid.apk and PDroidAddon.apk from archive Apps.rar
10) Restor settings from PDroid with Titanium Backup. If you don't have that app, just copy files manually!
11) Have fun!
About the Application:
This application allows you to block Camera and Microphone permission of all applications listed inside. It is an Addon app for PDroid and interacts with it. It works in black_list_mode, that means -> Above you can see camera and microphone icon. If you check the checkbox of an app you will block permissions
How to use the App:
1) Start the application from Launcher
2) Select preference button from your device and click "Reload Applications" (normally not needed)
3) Select all checkboxes from apps you want to revoke permissions
4) Select preference button from your device and click "Apply Rules"
5) Ready -> all settings are stored now and interacts with pdroid
- After you change settings of the same application with original PDroid, settings for microphone and camera permission will be deleted -> go to addon application and click "Apply Rules" and all works fine.
- Microphone Stream of origin Phone app can not interrupt with this version
- Some Applications crash if you revoke Camera permission and it wants to take a video, but it depends on application and if dev surround his code with try/catch
- If you revoke permissions of stock camera -> FC in Face-Unlock
- Data access Toast doesn't show which permission blocked (camera, microphone)
Until now there is only a ready build available for Samsung Galaxys S2 CM9. If you own that device, just flash the following *.zip from Recovery and skip the installation instructions to point 8(Deinstall origin PDroid.apk.....)
Tons of downloads, no response if it works -> down!
Just flash zip and install PDroid.apk and PDroidAddon.apk from this thread and have fun!
Tons of downloads, no response if it works -> down!
- Do not say : "it doesn't work, fix it!" -> post LogCat and I will have a look
- This is a beta Version of the app, but works like a charm on my own device. I don't know if it works perfectly on all devices, so please test it
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK DONATE A BEER