Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

(GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEET)ATT & Tmo IMEI thread/ Report issues & info here!

OP androholic

17th July 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 58

444 posts
More
I haven't seen people who flashed custom roms lose their imei....but I have seen people lose by reverting to stock through (PC) Odin. (Tmo)
17th July 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton
Thanks Meter: 180

548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of fire

A user replied in my thread about jellybean that he flashed the jb gapps and lost his imei. Maybe it depends what recovery you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

It seems to have happened with different recoveries, but if you go to the thread linked you'll find many different variables. I myself am not an advanced user, but I'm an informed user who makes sure I know what it is I'm doing before I do it, and if I don't I read. My goal is to warn ppl of the risks, as well as get more advanced users, such as yourself, involved in hopes that your knowledge may contribute to a solution.
17th July 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 282

628 posts
More
i have lost all my connectivity just now after restoring a stock factory ROM backup. I have no connectivity no matter what ROM I flash.
I am on Sprint though and I still have an IMEI number so don't know what the problem is.
Help!
17th July 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #24  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,130

6,932 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't like this one bit. Holding off on flashing anything else from here on out til thesis sorted out. Insurance or not, it's not worth it just to be able to run custom TW or CM9, CM10 stable, I'm flashing away, haha.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
17th July 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton

548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

I don't like this one bit. Holding off on flashing anything else from here on out til thesis sorted out. Insurance or not, it's not worth it just to be able to run custom TW or CM9, CM10 stable, I'm flashing away, haha.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

I'm not asking anyone to hold off flashing anything? That's everyone's own decisions, I only want ppl to be aware. From your statistics you seem to have been here for a long time, and I highly doubt you will be posting HELP!!! in the development section should something go wrong, lol. I just want ppl to be warned that's all, I have no intention of scaring anyone.
17th July 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton

548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylovj

I haven't seen people who flashed custom roms lose their imei....but I have seen people lose by reverting to stock through (PC) Odin. (Tmo)

Well if you see anyone having the imei issue, maybe you could just direct them to the link I've posted.
17th July 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton

548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarOfFrost

i have lost all my connectivity just now after restoring a stock factory ROM backup. I have no connectivity no matter what ROM I flash.
I am on Sprint though and I still have an IMEI number so don't know what the problem is.
Help!

I haven't heard of this happening to sprint phones, but you could always go to the linked thread & report the problem. If it's an imei issue dial *#06# and if it returns your imei number then it's not related.
17th July 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 282

628 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androholic

I haven't heard of this happening to sprint phones, but you could always go to the linked thread & report the problem. If it's an imei issue dial *#06# and if it returns your imei number then it's not related.

i can't dial anything because i have no connection
17th July 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #29  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 59

316 posts
More
Is it possible that the people who are losing their IMEI are flashing from a different carrier? I know that a lot of people have been using T-Mo/AT&T roms interchangeably..
17th July 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Canton

548 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarOfFrost

i can't dial anything because i have no connection

Hmmm.... It may still bring up the imei, because it's not dialing out as far as I know it triggers an internal phone command to display the imei. I could be wrong, and if I am, try going under settings-about phone-status, the imei should be several numbers listed there. If it says 00/02 or 00/01 or anything along those lines under the heading imei, then you've corrupted it. (or something did?)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread