Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 42,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEET)ATT & Tmo IMEI thread/ Report issues & info here!

Tip us?

laylovj
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I haven't seen people who flashed custom roms lose their imei....but I have seen people lose by reverting to stock through (PC) Odin. (Tmo)
T-Mo SGS III
ROM: FreeGS3 R3

androholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will of fire View Post
A user replied in my thread about jellybean that he flashed the jb gapps and lost his imei. Maybe it depends what recovery you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
It seems to have happened with different recoveries, but if you go to the thread linked you'll find many different variables. I myself am not an advanced user, but I'm an informed user who makes sure I know what it is I'm doing before I do it, and if I don't I read. My goal is to warn ppl of the risks, as well as get more advanced users, such as yourself, involved in hopes that your knowledge may contribute to a solution.
Thank you to all of the Developers and all of those that may contribute in any way!
Thank someone, it's effortless...

Old
Thanks Meter 277
i have lost all my connectivity just now after restoring a stock factory ROM backup. I have no connectivity no matter what ROM I flash.
I am on Sprint though and I still have an IMEI number so don't know what the problem is.
Help!
HTC One M8

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
I don't like this one bit. Holding off on flashing anything else from here on out til thesis sorted out. Insurance or not, it's not worth it just to be able to run custom TW or CM9, CM10 stable, I'm flashing away, haha.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

androholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
I don't like this one bit. Holding off on flashing anything else from here on out til thesis sorted out. Insurance or not, it's not worth it just to be able to run custom TW or CM9, CM10 stable, I'm flashing away, haha.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
I'm not asking anyone to hold off flashing anything? That's everyone's own decisions, I only want ppl to be aware. From your statistics you seem to have been here for a long time, and I highly doubt you will be posting HELP!!! in the development section should something go wrong, lol. I just want ppl to be warned that's all, I have no intention of scaring anyone.
Thank you to all of the Developers and all of those that may contribute in any way!

androholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylovj View Post
I haven't seen people who flashed custom roms lose their imei....but I have seen people lose by reverting to stock through (PC) Odin. (Tmo)
Well if you see anyone having the imei issue, maybe you could just direct them to the link I've posted.

androholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarOfFrost View Post
i have lost all my connectivity just now after restoring a stock factory ROM backup. I have no connectivity no matter what ROM I flash.
I am on Sprint though and I still have an IMEI number so don't know what the problem is.
Help!
I haven't heard of this happening to sprint phones, but you could always go to the linked thread & report the problem. If it's an imei issue dial *#06# and if it returns your imei number then it's not related.

Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by androholic View Post
I haven't heard of this happening to sprint phones, but you could always go to the linked thread & report the problem. If it's an imei issue dial *#06# and if it returns your imei number then it's not related.
i can't dial anything because i have no connection
HTC One M8

id_twin
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Is it possible that the people who are losing their IMEI are flashing from a different carrier? I know that a lot of people have been using T-Mo/AT&T roms interchangeably..

androholic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarOfFrost View Post
i can't dial anything because i have no connection
Hmmm.... It may still bring up the imei, because it's not dialing out as far as I know it triggers an internal phone command to display the imei. I could be wrong, and if I am, try going under settings-about phone-status, the imei should be several numbers listed there. If it says 00/02 or 00/01 or anything along those lines under the heading imei, then you've corrupted it. (or something did?)