Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(GOOGLE DOCS SPREADSHEET)ATT & Tmo IMEI thread/ Report issues & info here!

Tip us?

MrFunEGUY
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Useful info. Thanks for that.

ASharpEdge
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygooch View Post
Heads up.. TWRP is official for our device. Used goo manager to install. You can find the post in the development section. Wasn't sure if this has been mentioned. Waiting for a ROM update before I flash but I think this is the best way to discover if cwm is the cause.

sent from the next best thing
So, just to clarify that TWRP is official for "our device" ....This thread was split up and I think you are meaning that it is out for AT&T's GS3 correct?
And it is NOT out for TMO's GS3 (T999) if I understand this correctly.

I hope that it becomes available for T-Mobile's Galaxy S3.

As for the original post here, I am uncertain if this has bee fixed for the TMO and/or the AT&T versions....Can anyone clarify this?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASharpEdge View Post
So, just to clarify that TWRP is official for "our device" ....This thread was split up and I think you are meaning that it is out for AT&T's GS3 correct?
And it is NOT out for TMO's GS3 (T999) if I understand this correctly.

I hope that it becomes available for T-Mobile's Galaxy S3.

As for the original post here, I am uncertain if this has bee fixed for the TMO and/or the AT&T versions....Can anyone clarify this?
Wow! Id say you've got quite a bit of catching up to do!
TWRP was released for us over 3 months ago and has since been updated 3 times. Latest version TWRP is 2.3.1.0, latest cwm is 6.0.1.2.
Once rooted install rom or goo manager and use that to install the latest cwm or twrp recovery, respectively.

As for the imei issue, I doubt it'll ever truly be fixed, as I'm pretty sure no one has ever really figured out what causes it. It has been made irrelevant by peoplearmy and geek who have given us ways to backup and restore.

The forums were split a few months ago. If you have a T999 model, everything you need is here. Do NOT go flashing anything you find in other variants forums, especially the international versions. You could brick your phone.

Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

neim81094
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I am definitely going to check this stuff out, expand my knowledge on s3 stuff

osbosb
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default TMO SGS3 - Lost IMEI

Back when I got my phone, in September I immediately rooted it and debloated it. Once a CM10 Milestone build dropped, I flashed it. All was well until I went from the CM10 Milestone build back to my stock backup created with CWM, the reason I rolled back was video chat was not working..it was locking up my phone. That's another story in itself which I assume has been fixed in CM10 as it was back in September and this was the first Milestone build pushed. After I flashed back to stock root I lost 4g/3g service, and the phone turned into JUST A PHONE unless I had wifi.I tried factory resetting and even reverting back to the stock ICS firmware. I wound up bringing my phone back to a local retailer who replaced it under warranty as I was very short into my 14 day return period.

I've found the threads and have backed up my IMEI and done a full backup of my phone, is it safe to flash roms now? I'm on the fence as I don't want to risk losing my IMEI again and there doesn't seem to be enough information out there yet to know why / how this happens.

daxecutioner24
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by osbosb View Post
Back when I got my phone, in September I immediately rooted it and debloated it. Once a CM10 Milestone build dropped, I flashed it. All was well until I went from the CM10 Milestone build back to my stock backup created with CWM, the reason I rolled back was video chat was not working..it was locking up my phone. That's another story in itself which I assume has been fixed in CM10 as it was back in September and this was the first Milestone build pushed. After I flashed back to stock root I lost 4g/3g service, and the phone turned into JUST A PHONE unless I had wifi.I tried factory resetting and even reverting back to the stock ICS firmware. I wound up bringing my phone back to a local retailer who replaced it under warranty as I was very short into my 14 day return period.

I've found the threads and have backed up my IMEI and done a full backup of my phone, is it safe to flash roms now? I'm on the fence as I don't want to risk losing my IMEI again and there doesn't seem to be enough information out there yet to know why / how this happens.
Yeah I think it might people restoring nandroids from different versions of android changing partitions freely.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

lextex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Lost me IMEI today. Link in OP is dead.

Can somebody help?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,053

DONATE TO ME
Quote: