Jul 24, 2008
Helsinki
Direct link Asus Support site

Direct Download Link DropBox:

MD5:41F99EC8404717FDFA3117FAFA01A701

asus.jpg

installation instructions:

1. Download File Asus support or DropBox

2. Save (UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk) file your device.

3. Install UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk

4. Open Device Unlocked Tool.

5. you will see Asus Conditions Scroll down and agree to the terms

6. you will see Asus Conditions "I accept" Big button "remove the device by pressing the lock"

7. Now you will see your e-mail account you will be asked to ensure that the password "ok"

8.Now Device rebooting. In the upper left corner is "Device is unlocked" to be seen

9 In the upper left corner is "Device is uncked" to be seen

[How-To-Video]

Video Added (27.7.2012) (sorry finnish language android)

Zeus

Last edited:

..::LzF::..

Feb 4, 2010
those links dont quite work for me but i can download it when navigating manually over the asus homepage ..

When accessing downloads i had to choose "other" under os and then i could download it

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
That is a pretty stern warning that they post for this file. Is there really no way to get back to an original locked state if we unlock our bootloader? I would really hate to unlock and then have a hardware issues that required service as my warranty would be void (according to Asus, anyway).

I guess until there are custom ROMs available, there really isn't much reason to unlock yet anyway, right?

Thanks to the OP for spotting this! I'm guess that custom ROM's with OC'd kernels, etc will be coming soon! :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zeus34

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
I guess until there are custom ROMs available, there really isn't much reason to unlock yet anyway, right?

Correct.

As for the warranty loss, it is pretty heavy, yeah. But if there is an actual hardware failure that couldn't possibly be related to the bootloader unlock and flashing custom ROMs, maybe they'll still fix it if you RMA it? Not sure how it's been done for the Prime or TF300.

It would give Asus a great amount of good-will at least. I guess they'd consider it on a case-by-case basis.

Reactions: del22

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
Correct.

As for the warranty loss, it is pretty heavy, yeah. But if there is an actual hardware failure that couldn't possibly be related to the bootloader unlock and flashing custom ROMs, maybe they'll still fix it if you RMA it? Not sure how it's been done for the Prime or TF300.

It would give Asus a great amount of good-will at least. I guess they'd consider it on a case-by-case basis.

I had unlocked, s-off-ed, rooted, flashed custom roms, tweak cpu to max possible and what not on my HTC Desire phone....and it was on repair for 4 times now. Never had a case anyone said anything because of that. Why? Because the first thing the do is reset the phone to factory default (which effectively means its like brand new) and they cannot even tell it was anything different.

Of course this goes true for any HW issue like broken screen, back panel, motherboard etc...cause phone/tablet is not working and they can't even boot it or whatever. Another things are minor issues when you can still do pretty much everything except that what is broken (let's say headhone jack doesn't work and sound is not heard on your headphones, you can't hear the caller or vice versa), but usually with any unlocking, rooting etc SW there is always their counterpart, so you can usually always revert back to what it was. At least I have such experiance. Maybe I only had luck.

I am pretty sure I have fried my motherboard or cpu 2 times. No problem... :)

Reactions: d14b0ll0s

Einride

Sep 8, 2010
Yeah, but in this case it's slightly different since you're "registering" with Asus directly to unlock the bootloader of the device. I assume this involves the serial number of the device, which means they can easily track it and flag it if it's RMAed for some reason.

But yeah, here's hoping they'll at least honor it for obvious hardware faults that can't be related to the bootloader being unlocked.

Reactions: d14b0ll0s

Immorten

Jan 19, 2010
Oslo
Why isn't this thread on fire right now..?
I can't wait for the Development forum to become a bit more crowded from now on :D
This soooo made my day!

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
Why isn't this thread on fire right now..?
I can't wait for the Development forum to become a bit more crowded from now on :D
This soooo made my day!

Hell yes, and it's my day off! Wake up people! Please put something in this section that should actually be in this section! :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Ralganaziel

Feb 13, 2011
Paris
Great news and thanks for the heads up ! Let's hope we'll get cool ROMs really quick !

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Hmmm.... Interesting...

Since this unlocking tool seems to download stuff, doesn't it mean that it could perform different things from the TF300 version ?

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Great news, thanks!!!
So, one valid question to ask: does unlocking and flashing CWM recovery mean we cannot use blob updates from ASUS anymore? I can remember this was the issue with some devices before, but I may be confusing things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Direct link Asus Support site

Direct Download Link DropBox:

MD5:41F99EC8404717FDFA3117FAFA01A701

asus.jpg

installation instructions:

1. Download File Asus support or DropBox

2. Save (UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk) file your device.

3. Install UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk

4. Open Device Unlocked Tool.

5. you will see Asus Conditions Scroll down and agree to the terms

6. you will see Asus Conditions "I accept" Big button "remove the device by pressing the lock"

7. Now you will see your e-mail account you will be asked to ensure that the password "ok"

8.Now Device rebooting. In the upper left corner is "Device is unlocked" to be seen

9 In the upper left corner is "Device is uncked" to be seen

[How-To-Video]

Video Added (27.7.2012) (sorry finnish language android)

Zeus
    Alright guys here's an update: I have been working on cwm all day and while I am getting closer, still not there yet. Iv also been informed something pretty awesome is gonna happen soon, so just hang tight

Sent from my htc_jewel using xda premium
    i am now working on porting cwm to this device, could be a while though as this is my first time with porting a recovery. if all goes well i will post a recovery and also a debloated rom for you guys today. wanna get this device some development immediatly!
    Victory

Hi all,
    I made it ! It took me almost 12 hours in a row but I unlocked that b*tch.
    Sorry, I'm a bit tired and it's been a really rough struggle to regain what I consider to be mine (I baught that tablet!).
    Enough, talking. Here is how I've done it.

For context, I had my TF700 in this state : Long used stock 4.1.1 with the V10.4.4.20 WW SKU Firmware.
    I couldn't get the Unlock Device App to work. Version 8 wouldn't install because of Google security checks and Version 7 wouldn't work.
    With the later, I got the "Unknown error occur.." message whatever the "Device Tracker", GMaps or whatsoever state.
    Tablet was doomed on stock locked bootloader for me :crying:
    So I took another approach as follows :

1) I wiped all it's content and making it clean as a JB "out of the box". Going into the Setting > Backup & Reset.
    From here I fully resetted the transformer. (on reboot all apps are gone, you have the starting wizard bugging you because blahblahblah... whatever it's new)
    2) I downgraded the tablet to ICS using the method here :
    "Recover /Downgrade from Jelly Bean to ICS/Clean Factory Restore with stock recovery" with this old firmware : "V9.4.5.30 Only for WW SKU (Android 4.0.3) - 2012.09.21 update"
    Warning: After downgrade was flashed, upon restart I didn't connect ANY Google services. Thought it would be harmful at first try.
    And for now don't ever upgrade back to JB (via ASUS's OTA proposal) until the whole unlock process is finished. You need ICS to unlock the bootloader in my experience!

3) Step-by-step I reconnected Google services. Only those which would made sense to unlock :
    - Connected a Google Account
    - Updated the "Android Market" to a "Google Play Store" (that comes with an automatic update, on Market app opening)
    - Updated the "Google Play Services" (This is required by the Google Device Tracker app)
    - Updated Google Maps and Google+ (Although I think those two have almost nothing to do with this whole unlocking thing)
    - Installed the "Google Device Tracker" (very important! I don't know how, but it seems the ASUS device unlocker needs this. At least it did want to work without it)
    4) I started Google Maps to get a precise GPS lock on my position (I know, it's weird).
    5) Most important step : I started the "Google Device Tracker" and got a proper fix on my position with my connected account.
    It displayed the message "In your hand", to say that the tablet is securely in my possession.
    6) I then installed ASUS's official "Unlock Device App" version 7.
    You can find it here : http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=...hashedid=fq2B3oq64av1O95u or also linked here above in post #472.
    To install it you need to allow app installs from "unkown sources" in the device settings.

When I launched the Unlock Device App I finally got a message asking me to confirm my Google Account (account connection form).
    I also had to allow less secure apps on my Google Account (https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps)
    And then voilà !
    The Google account was confirmed with a secure device (in my hands) and the device rebooted with all the great white little unlock messages at boot.

Don't forget : Stock JB > Downgrade to stock ICS > Google Device Tracker > ASUS's Unlock Device App version 7
    That's the only way I made it through after 12 hours of research and "hard" work/struggle.

No-thanks to ASUS (this process is way to complicated), No-thanks to Google for all those locks in my property (except for Android itself which all-in-all is a wonderful OS/Devices ecosystem).
    Big thanks to XDA little hands, they're the best mobile community on this planet. I make apps for a living so I mean it !
    Upgrading to custom ROMs now ...Loading... :cool:
    those links dont quite work for me but i can download it when navigating manually over the asus homepage ..

When accessing downloads i had to choose "other" under os and then i could download it