Thanks Meter: 241

157 posts
More
Direct link Asus Support site

Direct Download Link DropBox:

MD5:41F99EC8404717FDFA3117FAFA01A701

installation instructions:

1. Download File Asus support or DropBox

2. Save (UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk) file your device.

3. Install UnLock_Device_App_V7.apk

4. Open Device Unlocked Tool.

5. you will see Asus Conditions Scroll down and agree to the terms

6. you will see Asus Conditions "I accept" Big button "remove the device by pressing the lock"

7. Now you will see your e-mail account you will be asked to ensure that the password "ok"

8.Now Device rebooting. In the upper left corner is "Device is unlocked" to be seen

9 In the upper left corner is "Device is uncked" to be seen

[How-To-Video]

Video Added (27.7.2012) (sorry finnish language android)

Zeus
Last edited by zeus34; 27th July 2012 at 09:43 PM.
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to zeus34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2012, 08:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

1 posts
those links dont quite work for me but i can download it when navigating manually over the asus homepage ..

When accessing downloads i had to choose "other" under os and then i could download it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ..::LzF::.. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2012, 09:20 AM   |  #3  
Flag Malmö
Thanks Meter: 14

120 posts
More
Nice.. Unlocked and loaded! Now give us some custom roms!
25th July 2012, 09:38 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 366

1,465 posts
<POUNCE> <wild look on face> <runs off to unlock>

THANKS for the heads-up!
25th July 2012, 10:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 448

4,069 posts
More
Thanks Zeus!
25th July 2012, 10:15 AM   |  #6  
Flag Duiven
Thanks Meter: 19

82 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ace, just noticed myself as well. Can't wait to get home now ^^ Darn work -.-
25th July 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #7  
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 62

178 posts
More
Is the device wiped when using this (like fastboot oem unlock does on my Galaxy Nexus)?
25th July 2012, 10:31 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 963

3,420 posts
That is a pretty stern warning that they post for this file. Is there really no way to get back to an original locked state if we unlock our bootloader? I would really hate to unlock and then have a hardware issues that required service as my warranty would be void (according to Asus, anyway).

I guess until there are custom ROMs available, there really isn't much reason to unlock yet anyway, right?

Thanks to the OP for spotting this! I'm guess that custom ROM's with OC'd kernels, etc will be coming soon!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2012, 11:01 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 108

346 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrosky

I guess until there are custom ROMs available, there really isn't much reason to unlock yet anyway, right?

Correct.

As for the warranty loss, it is pretty heavy, yeah. But if there is an actual hardware failure that couldn't possibly be related to the bootloader unlock and flashing custom ROMs, maybe they'll still fix it if you RMA it? Not sure how it's been done for the Prime or TF300.

It would give Asus a great amount of good-will at least. I guess they'd consider it on a case-by-case basis.
The Following User Says Thank You to Einride For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2012, 11:12 AM   |  #10  
Flag Kranj
Thanks Meter: 37

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einride

Correct.

As for the warranty loss, it is pretty heavy, yeah. But if there is an actual hardware failure that couldn't possibly be related to the bootloader unlock and flashing custom ROMs, maybe they'll still fix it if you RMA it? Not sure how it's been done for the Prime or TF300.

It would give Asus a great amount of good-will at least. I guess they'd consider it on a case-by-case basis.

I had unlocked, s-off-ed, rooted, flashed custom roms, tweak cpu to max possible and what not on my HTC Desire phone....and it was on repair for 4 times now. Never had a case anyone said anything because of that. Why? Because the first thing the do is reset the phone to factory default (which effectively means its like brand new) and they cannot even tell it was anything different.

Of course this goes true for any HW issue like broken screen, back panel, motherboard etc...cause phone/tablet is not working and they can't even boot it or whatever. Another things are minor issues when you can still do pretty much everything except that what is broken (let's say headhone jack doesn't work and sound is not heard on your headphones, you can't hear the caller or vice versa), but usually with any unlocking, rooting etc SW there is always their counterpart, so you can usually always revert back to what it was. At least I have such experiance. Maybe I only had luck.

I am pretty sure I have fried my motherboard or cpu 2 times. No problem...

The Following User Says Thank You to Svashtar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread