A little Q/A:
Q: What is the success rate of this working?
I am figuring around 70% success. (Based on putting names on a list)
Q: Will this work with other stores other than Best Buy?
A: Nothing has been reported to work yet. People have tried Game Stop, Staples, and Office Depot.
Note: This is only reported to work at BB in the US.
Q: Will they take my Prime back if it's unlocked/rooted
Rooted should not be a problem. Unlocked might but no one has reported that they got denied because of being unlocked.
Q: Will this work if I ordered online?
Yes. Just print out your confirmation page and use it as your receipt. (Read the next part also)
Q: What do I need to exchange for something else?
1. Prime (duh)
2. Power cable.
3. Original box (Only 1 person has been able to do it without the box)
4. Receipt or order confirmation if you ordered online. (Some people say it has worked that they "got it as a gift")
Q: Any suggestions?
1. Go straight to customer service. Bypass Geek Squad unless CS tells you to go there.
2. Just say you are having WiFi/BT/GPS issues.
3. Make the prime look as stock as possible.
4. If 1 store doesn't take it, go back after a shift change. Get someone else. If that fails, go to a different store.
Devices: Galazy S 3 (Temp until my Nexus 5), Nexus 10
Retired: Evo LTE, Transformer Infinity, Transformer Prime, Evo 4G, Samsung Moment, Samsung Rant, Sanyo Katana.
Google Now Cards on your homescreens!
Hosting isn't cheap. If you would like direct downloads, please consider donating: Donate via PayPal