Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
A little Q/A:
Q: What is the success rate of this working?
I am figuring around 70% success. (Based on putting names on a list)
Q: Will this work with other stores other than Best Buy?
A: Nothing has been reported to work yet. People have tried Game Stop, Staples, and Office Depot.
Note: This is only reported to work at BB in the US.
Q: Will they take my Prime back if it's unlocked/rooted
Rooted should not be a problem. Unlocked might but no one has reported that they got denied because of being unlocked.
Q: Will this work if I ordered online?
Yes. Just print out your confirmation page and use it as your receipt. (Read the next part also)
Q: What do I need to exchange for something else?
1. Prime (duh)
2. Power cable.
3. Original box (Only 1 person has been able to do it without the box)
4. Receipt or order confirmation if you ordered online. (Some people say it has worked that they "got it as a gift")
Q: Any suggestions?
1. Go straight to customer service. Bypass Geek Squad unless CS tells you to go there.
2. Just say you are having WiFi/BT/GPS issues.
3. Make the prime look as stock as possible.
4. If 1 store doesn't take it, go back after a shift change. Get someone else. If that fails, go to a different store.
Last edited by Skullmonkey; 2nd August 2012 at 12:30 AM.