Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MX Player Audio Problems

Tip us?

Morphinity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default MX Player Audio Problems

I'm trying to play a .mkv file on my Nexus 7 with MX Player and there's no sound! Is anyone else experiencing this?

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
I'm trying to play a .mkv file on my Nexus 7 with MX Player and there's no sound! Is anyone else experiencing this?
I got the same thing. It might be related to the audio codec? The file I was playing is dts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here

lastpath
Old
Thanks Meter 0
DTS support was removed. BS player plays DTS audio mkvs fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 239

DONATE TO ME
I just bought BSplayer... it is awesome

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here

qwertylesh
Old
Thanks Meter 39
vPlayer will play the AC5.1 channel fine, and is free..

JB - Google Nexus 7
Locked -

ICS - Asus Transformer Prime TF201
Locked - Rooted - OTA disabled 9.4.2.15 - V6 SuperCharged [AutoSuperMinFree - KickAss Kernelized]

GB - HTC Desire A8183
Oxygen 2.3.2 | R: 5.11.05.27 | HB: Oxygen R2 | V6 SuperCharged [Balanced 3]

CeejayNightwing
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Some mkv's have multiple audio channels, click on the musical note icon in the upper right while playing your video to try another channel.

pl1ght
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
same issue here, playback is uber smooth, but yeah no audio.

Pond-life
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertylesh View Post
vPlayer will play the AC5.1 channel fine, and is free..
It's not, it's just 7 day trial that's free.

nam3less
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Count me into the list. Tried watching one of my Breaking Bad MKV's last night. No sound. Been using BS player since then. Works great!

Techno79
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I know this is a Nexus 7 thread but I was plagued with the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I have always used a TouchWiz based ROM whether it was official or a custom ROM as it comes with great video codec support so pretty much any video player app would play anything I threw at it. However, I have recently moved to a non-TouchWiz ROM as I wanted the Jelly Bean goodness. The only problem with this is that my favourite video player app would no longer play my video files. I tried some of the popular video player apps that do software decoding (MX Player, Vplayer) but they all had issues. MX Player wouldn't play audio and VPlayer's video was stuttery and audio/video was out of sync. I was about to give up hope and considered moving back to a TouchWiz ROM even if that meant going back to ICS but then I read this thread and gave BS Player a go. I'm so glad I did as my videos play awesomely perfect again.

I'm not sure what BS Player does differently. It seems to say I am using hardware decoding (BS Player engine) but whatever, it is working great and I love the feature to be able to speed up the video along with audio. Watching some stuff that is fairly slow paced on 130% is a great time saver and hardly makes a difference to viewing experience (depends on what you watch though).

Anyway, just wanted to convey my experiences and hopefully help someone else out in future.