[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 2.51 | Per-App COLOR (newest PA invention), Dpi & UserInterface
PER-APP-COLOR, Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel (same that allows you to scale apps individually and choose their interface). See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.
To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.
Maintenance update, bugfixes and patches.
Based on latest CM10 preview.
- Breakthrough: We can finally target the actual layout containers inside the apk. If an app brings only phoneUI, you see it right away as you only have one UI option. If it brings ten, you will be able to pick each one of em. We're finally away from this Phone/Phab/Tab nonsense.
- Total Hybrid engine revamp, alot less clutter, many bugfixes, apps wont make jumps when you load them up because their actual size is calculated by the engine.
- New option: "large" to trick an app thinking the device has a real big screen. some need it, like amazon kindle to jump into tabUI. some even react on it, gdrive will slightly adapt its layout - makes only sense if you give it a small dpi though.
- Panel is still growing. It brings new options and new preferences that can even change android system settings.
- All recent cm merges (Trebuchet, googles 4.1.1 r4 with a whole bunch of fixes for memory leaks, etc)
- Quick access hybrid properties by longpressing a recent app
- TabletUI toggles
- merged latest cm10 fixes (gps, etc)
- some additional fixes to tablet mode
- paranoid got its own dir in /system/etc/paranoid - pad.prop is not properties.conf
- a clean backup properties file is shipped, you can make a full reset in the panel in case you lost it with all the settings you made
- force option can be activated in the panel, good for widget scaling
- the DPI sliders in the panel read min/max props from properties.conf, define them as you like
When writing an app with performance in mind, you most likely want to write it native code using the … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?