HOX $99 w/ contract

Search This thread

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
We have great developers, but making a device more popular is never a bad thing.

Maybe its me...but I have grown out of flashing things and all that...or better yet I don't do it as much as I used to.

But you're right in that making a device more popular is never a bad thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

surflamj

Jun 23, 2012
Orlando
We have a great Dev community on the HOX, I didnt mean for it to come off like that. I just figure if there is more interest in the phone from the community then it can only help motivate devs to make great new things for the device.

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
Quick question...i will be exchanging my Atrix HD. Do i have to have the sim card that came with the Atrix HD, with me when i exchange it for the HOX?

The reason im asking is because i got the phone for myself but opened the line up for my daughter who already had a phone of her own that she just put the sim into.

Or can i just take the phone to the store with all the original accessories and box and exchange it that way with out the sim card?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Jammin72

Jul 27, 2012
Durham
Gotta say I'm disappointed that I missed this by a couple of weeks but it's good to think that the device may get some more followers. HTC is more likely to support a handset in heavy use and the accessory folks will have to take notice. I did get a chuckle that this board was the source for the Engadget spot this morning.

mosesman86

Jan 14, 2011
Gotta say I'm disappointed that I missed this by a couple of weeks but it's good to think that the device may get some more followers. HTC is more likely to support a handset in heavy use and the accessory folks will have to take notice. I did get a chuckle that this board was the source for the Engadget spot this morning.

Just fyi, at&t corporate stores offer 30 day price protection.

Sent from my HTC One X

Silellak

May 17, 2012

Eh...it really doesn't matter whether you paid $99 or $199...in the long run, you're basically paying $2500 or $2600 :p

Reactions: BarryH_GEG

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Eh...it really doesn't matter whether you paid $99 or $199...in the long run, you're basically paying $2500 or $2600 :p

Oh so true. What AT&T pays HTC probably hasn't changed. By getting someone to look at the One X vs. a feature phone and then sign up for a data plan means AT&T will get the $100 back a couple of months in to a two-year contract. Don't forget there's a 1.7GHz Teg3/LTE XL with a Cingular signature floating around out there somewhere. If it has 32GB of storage and some other new features it could be a Two X, One Z, etc., and be positioned as AT&T's HTC "premium" device. There are no quad-core carrier Android's right now so there's PR benefit to whoever introduces one first. Especially with Apple making a big deal about the A6 in the iP5 being quad-core if the rumors are true. T-Mobile's getting a One X variant in September and there's a quad-core LG device heading to Sprint with no dates leaked. We'll see who gets there first. None have hit the FCC so it’s not around the corner.

BigCiX

May 21, 2011
Bakersfield
Oh so true. What AT&T pays HTC probably hasn't changed. By getting someone to look at the One X vs. a feature phone and then sign up for a data plan means AT&T will get the $100 back a couple of months in to a two-year contract. Don't forget there's a 1.7GHz Teg3/LTE XL with a Cingular signature floating around out there somewhere. If it has 32GB of storage and some other new features it could be a Two X, One Z, etc., and be positioned as AT&T's HTC "premium" device. There are no quad-core carrier Android's right now so there's PR benefit to whoever introduces one first. Especially with Apple making a big deal about the A6 in the iP5 being quad-core if the rumors are true. T-Mobile's getting a One X variant in September and there's a quad-core LG device heading to Sprint with no dates leaked. We'll see who gets there first. None have hit the FCC so it’s not around the corner.

I thought the 1.7 Tegra 3 rumor device was the ERA 42 for TMO. I actually hope they don't release an updated version of the One X so that they can keep focus on this one. Its not like a newer version is going to steal thunder away from the GS III. Right now Samsung is dominating and there's no slowing down unless apple puts a stop to sales in the U.S.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I thought the 1.7 Tegra 3 rumor device was the ERA 42 for TMO. I actually hope they don't release an updated version of the One X so that they can keep focus on this one. Its not like a newer version is going to steal thunder away from the GS III. Right now Samsung is dominating and there's no slowing down unless apple puts a stop to sales in the U.S.

There's no info on the T-Mobile One X yet. There is the leaked benchmark for a 1.7GHz Teg3 based Evita destined for AT&T.

Here's what started the T-Mobile rumor:

"Another plausible reason for the plus is that the HTC One X+ could be the first device to be powered by Qualcomm’s new quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor or even the 1.7 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3+ . Unfortunately, we do not have any evidence to back that up, but we do know that Qualcomm and NVIDIA are expecting commercial devices powered by their new chips to hit the market later this year."

http://androidandme.com/2012/07/sma...-the-htc-one-x-heading-to-t-mobile-this-fall/

Other rumors have the T-Mobile One X pegged to be a "G" device which means it'll be vanilla (Sense removed). They did the same thing with the G2 (Desire Z) and G2X (LG O2X). In both cases it was the stock phone that was the base. If that's the case it'll be the international Teg3 with Sense hidden.

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
The number one thing to keep in mind is..

MAKE SURE YOU GO TO CORPORATE AT&T NOT A 3RD PARTY COMPANY LIKE CELLULAR SALES.

3rd party resellers are only contracted to sell AT&T products and services they DO NOT have to honor the prices offered by AT&T.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

strider-

Jan 20, 2009
Just been on the phone with ATT. They credited me 100$ back. Me happy. I love this phone.
How did you pull this off? I just got off the phone with a customer service rep & not only did they not acknowledge the new price, they wouldn't even give me a straight answer as to whether or not they offer price protection.

mosesman86

Jan 14, 2011
How did you pull this off? I just got off the phone with a customer service rep & not only did they not acknowledge the new price, they wouldn't even give me a straight answer as to whether or not they offer price protection.

Call again. Sometimes you have to speak to 2 or 3 people before you find someone who knows what they're doing. At&t corporate stores absolutely have 30 day price protection. You just have to ask for it (they aren't allowed to bring it up).

Sent from my HTC One X

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012

Go back to the retail store where you purchased it and they'll handle it for ya.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is our company website.
    the sale starts the 29th. my apologies for the confusion. The email I received didnt say the 29th.
    Hey guys.. I just checked the AT&T web site and indeed the HOX is now at $99.99 or the same price as the Atrix HD. Amazon has not changed the price yet however, though if they do what they did with the Atrix, it could well be on sale at Amazon for $50 tomorrow. I had a long chat with an ATT rep when dialing the 611 number and they are bending over backwards to get me the phone I want. In fact they're going to wave the activation fees and credit me what I would pay in CA sales tax too, thereby matching the deals at Amazon. Needless to say, getting the phone direct from ATT has big advantages, especially when grandfathering over my existing plan (450/UNLTD data/200 txt msgs).

So as a noob to Android coming from 4 years with Apple, I want to make the best choice. I can get the HOX for the same price as the Atrix, and can also get a GS3 for $100. I had actually written off the HOX due to the many hardware issues I was seeing people have over in the AC forums as well as the wifi and multi-tasking problems. I really like what Moto has done with their UI, but the battery life and poor camera kind of kill that. The GS3 is nice but the blue tint on the screen and some of the issues with that phone concern me as does how Sammy fumbled the ICS update with the Skyrocket. So I guess my question is if anyone can offer a NON-biased suggestion as to which phone is really the best built and best performer overall. The lack of the microSD on the HOX also is a sticking point, but needless to say, the screen, camera and battery life are big pluses. Thanks.

I was on the fence like you, but just picked mine up a couple days ago.

Galaxy S3 advantages:
    MicroSD
    Removable Battery
    2GB of RAM
    MHL that may or may not support USB OTG and HDMI out at the same time
    Accessories

HTC One X advantages:
    Significantly Better Screen
    Doesn't feel like plastic

I thought of it this way... everything the S3 has going for it you may or may not use, but everything the One X has going for it you have to deal with ALL THE TIME. I had the Galaxy S2, and while it was a nice phone, not being able to see the screen in sunlight and the fact that every time I held it, it felt like plastic really annoyed me. I am LOVING the One X. Also, if you really care about having a removable battery, you can always just pick up those portable battery packs. RAM should be less of an issue now that source is out. In the end it matters what you care about.
    I work for At&t as a sales rep and just got the email. This is the new price point, no special or deal.
    At&t price matched Sam's club $98 price when I got mine few weeks ago over the phone. I don't care how cool the phone is, not paying more than $100 for one.

Sent from my HTC One X