Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beware of TreeGloo Poor Quality Nexus 7 and total Crooks

Tip us?

ipXpert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up Beware of TreeGloo Poor Quality Nexus 7 and total Crooks

I ordered a case from them for my ipad and had to get my credit card company involved to get my money back after receiving a broken ipad case. It had a crack where they glue it together. They dont use one piece of wood.

Search them on the web and you will see that they have scammed and screwed over plenty of people. Enough to where Leo Laporte even commented. Could be a different Leo than the Tech, but its still a person. MacRumors, Android Central, and multiple other places have negative comments about these guys. I wouldn't be surprised if they fold and take the cash and not deliver.

To each his own but Im going Portenzo. Lea took care of me when I ordered my iPad case and it held up well. I sold it and got almost what I paid for it. Their build quality is like nothing else.

Check the YouTube Video DODO vs. Portenzo iPad 3 case review. Two enter, one leaves. It is going to be a knockout.

Its a review on their iPad 3 case but it compares theirs and DoDos build quality. No comparison. The review is also entertaining in its own way. Not like sitting through some review where the buy lays the product on a table and points the camera at it while he tries to act the a journalist. I dont think this guys actually cares other than to show people DoDo sucks. He also appears to have a coctail.

Does anyone else know of a great case like the Portenzo to recommend? Even though Port looks like the one it never hurts to look. You guys are the experts.

*Sorry for not posting links. Im not a poster on here, just a lurker. Sorry!!! Ill be getting more involved now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ipXpert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hexdecimal
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This guy is just trying to get video views.

I was curious (because I'm a fan of Leo Laporte), and all I could find was this guy's post everywhere leading to the same video mentioned here: pushing Portenzo, bashing Dodocase, and mad at Treegloo. He never even got a Treegloo case and here he's saying it broke?

I don't know if this is some kind of lame tactic to push Portenzo sales, but it's in really bad taste.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hexdecimal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dietanson
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Regardless of if this guy is trying to get video views I've heard portenza cases were pretty good. A little pricey for me but from reviews they seem like the route to go for these kinds of cases.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

sepffuzzball
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I will say the one TG case that I've seen in person, one of the corners was completely broken off (iPad).

I asked the guy (business executive for a major software company) and he said that he broke it off within 2 weeks of having it, and the case wasn't as sturdy as he expected. He still liked it though.
The Following User Says Thank You to sepffuzzball For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bobb_o
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I'm just going to buy a hardback book/notebook and hollow out the pages and make a case myself. I don't see the need to pay ~$40 bucks when I can do the same thing myself for so much cheaper.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobb_o For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arrjaytea
Old
Thanks Meter 47
This just reeks of spam.

ipXpert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Try and contribute based on questions people have and get accused of Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrjaytea View Post
This just reeks of spam.
People were asking about quality and what they thought about the TreeGloo product on this forum so I responded. That video you accused me of sending people to for views is one that shows Portenzo quality and I liked the review so I shared it. Do you ever tell people about companies or products that didnt live up to your expectation ie sucked? Do you ever tell people about a product you dig or a restaurant you liked to eat at. Why would I want someone elses video to get views? If it was my video, what would I gain anyways? I have a friend with a channel on YouTube and they don't make crap. He gets 10k to 20k a week in views and might make 50 a month.

So this is what you get when you try to expose a company that is screwing people over. Some lame comment and a Portenzo marketing conspiracy ploy? If you knew what I did, I think your comment about me helping Portenzo or being Portenzo would go away pretty quickly.

As for other companies I know a little about, Pad&Quill has nice quality cases (very nice) but I don't see anything on their site for the 7 but if they did this would be my second choice unless they trump Port in some way for design, and DoDo 34 bucks but its not like a regular dodo portfolio case and looks cheap. There is also another company called RookCase pre-order for 39! that is making a case for the 7. They can make a case out of an actual book. I have one of their book cases for an iPad by Johnny Cash. Very cool and I get complements on it all the time. The only issue is that the wooden tray is no as refined as Pad or Port but still cool.

Other than being some total tool the only other reason you would post a reply other than one like the others is because you work for TreeGloo or they had you post this for them because they or you saw my post and want to mitigate damage (Thats an attack on integrity and a simple name calling rudeness, forgive me.). Please do us all a favor at your expense, I encourage you to buy from them and let us all know how it works out for you. Its interesting that I post facts (F with BBB) about a company and not just my opinion but others and you simply attack my post and try to create some other motive for my intention of pointing out scum. I thought thats what we do on forums and in the tech community. Watch out for each other. You will buy from who you like, I don't make that decision for you but I think members here deserve to hear about a company that appears to be legit based on their nice website and a few reviews but in fact is one I am staying away from. Yes, I like Portenzo and tell people about my case from them and experience buying from them because their service and quality is above average in a world that companies sell ok products with below average service. That said, my case was $140

I try to help and you attack my integrity. I have posted this on some forums that I am a member of. Why wouldnt I? Didnt you see the other posts from other people, even ones dating back a year that talk about how TreeGloo is a joke.

Also, as for Portenzo, I have not seen one post that says they sell garbage or have not delivered and I doubt you will find negative stuff about Pad and Quill or Rookcase. Im not marketing for them either.. If I said the Nexus 7 was killer on MacRumors would you accuse me of working for Google?

I have my opinions and then there are those of others and then there are just simple facts. In the end, none of this affects my wallet since I am not a part of any of these companies but I hope at least I can help contribute to a forum where I have been lurking since I got my Bionic on launch day.

If this helps one of you guys out there to not get scammed I know I did my part and contributed something rather than just ranted, took, and accused others on this forum. By the way, spam smells pretty good when cooked in butter over a nice hot stove.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ipXpert For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ipXpert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Hexdecimal who do you work for TreeGloo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexdecimal View Post
This guy is just trying to get video views.

I was curious (because I'm a fan of Leo Laporte), and all I could find was this guy's post everywhere leading to the same video mentioned here: pushing Portenzo, bashing Dodocase, and mad at Treegloo. He never even got a Treegloo case and here he's saying it broke?

I don't know if this is some kind of lame tactic to push Portenzo sales, but it's in really bad taste.
I had to take a look at your few posts. You have been pitching TreeGloo and no one else. Your accusing me when in half of your posts you are promoting a feature of TreeGloo case or ragging on someone elses. I simply have an agenda of telling people about how they might get crap or get screwed by TreeGloo. I like plenty of case companies but thats not one of them and right now I like Portenzo but that does not make me an employee of theirs. I have at least spoke highly of a couple other companies in my posts in the past such as Pad and Quill and RookCase. All your comments about other companies other than TreeGloo are negative. You even go into some technical specifics about their case. Its not me that should be looked as a spammer, its you.

Instead of simply talking about your experience with TreeGloo, you dont even mention it. Instead you try to discredit my entire post so you dont leave people with the thought that I might actually be right. What a hoax. You can make all the claims you want (seems they are just your claims) but there are plenty of other posts including an entire thread on MacRumors started by their most senior member calling TreeGloo crooks. Enough time spent on this... Home someone sees through the TreeGloo bs by this guy and stays clear of them. Look at the others, there are plenty of companies to buy from that dont have their reputation of screwing people over and delivering crap products that dont match their site.

ppp38
Old
Thanks Meter 12
There have been a lot of negative reviews of TreeGloo, for long waits/sub par quality. That being said, there have also been plenty of negative reviews about DoDoCase as they are always falling apart and have to be glued back together and Portenzo as well for the significantly long delivery/production times. In the dealings that I have had with TreeGloo they have shown great customer service so I can't speak negatively of them anymore than I could of DoDo or Potenzo.

I had initially wanted to go with TreeGloo then changed my mind to Portenzo, and TreeGloo was good about cancelling my order but my $$$$ have not yet been refunded yet. Now, Ive decided to to play a wait and see game until I have more information and other people start reviewing thier respective cases. I really love how thin and light my N7 is and I constantly question whether I even want to add a bulky frame to it. I am still intrigued by Portenzo and TreeGloo and now Reauthored and RookCase so I will likely go with the case that gets the best reviews and is the thinnest of the bunch.

There are a lot of options for very similiar cases out there. I just suggest that people do their reserach. It is worth mentioning, however that TreeGloo is rated "F" on better business bureau.

KCisTall
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Christ, this guy is a shill and a half.