So here we go I can say finally I managed to produce firs custom rom for our beloved HTC One S C2 (I called it this way cause that is how on gsmarena.net
is presented). If we ever get a sub forum this is how I suggest it is called. It is not very special rom, but it is a start. cause I don't like bloatware on my phone, I've tried to remove as many unnecessary stuff as I could remember, and I could miss.
Since this is my very first rom I've build with kitchen (for public use at least), don't be to harsh on me. I will try to improve it, and remove even more sens components, cause I just prefer stock experience.
You will need android sdk
on you computer (you may know it as adb shell)
Unlocked Bootloader and Root access
1. Download the ROM, extract only boot.img where you have android-sdk installed installed in folder platform-tools
2. Make a backup of your apps with Titanium backup or other similar app (so that you can restore them after flashing my rom)
3. Boot into Recovery (with GooManager, or restart phone and hold volume down, when in fastboot choose recovery with volume down and press power button)
4. Make a BACKUP in recovery!
5. WIPE! Do a factory reset and System wipe
6. "install zip from sdcard"
7. "choose zip from sdcard"
8. Flash the ROM
9. Go back to the main menu of recovery, choos reboot, and then reboot to bootloader.
10. Flash kernel with Command prompt (go into direcotry where you have extracted boot.img) and run:
(step by step guide)
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
11. Wait until android boots up, it will take a few mintues (5-10), because it is deodexed, but only first boot takes longer after that it is normal.
What is working:
Since this is sense based rom all the functionality should work (calling, texting, mobile data, GPS, wifi, bluetooth, camera, etc)
- There might be some reports of some services stop executing, this is nothing to worry about, it would just be something that I have removed cause it is only sens based and drains battery, but it should impact with phone experience.
- Due to all HTC widgets removal, not all the lockscreen options are functional (like people).
I hope I'll have time and the will to make this rom to look and feel almost as an AOSP based (that is with statusbar, lockscreen, dialer, settings, etc). But I am still learning so don't expect to much. If there is themer among you or modder, I would really apperaciate some help with this stuff. Together we can make this something
! I would also need some mirror if this rom will become popular.
This rom is for HTC One S with S3 processor only!!!
Flashing any kind of custom rom voids your warranty, and it could brick your phone. I am not responsible if this happens to you. So you flash this software completely at your own risk!
That being said here is the download link.
(you have to downloade both rar files in sam folder and then extract from .part1, it will extract flashable .zip)
If you are coming from lower version of this rom, just make backup, wipe cache, flash rom and you are good to go. No need to factory reset (data wipe) or system wipe in this case
for his amazing rom kitchen
for his update-binary and updater-script
for his superboot, which provide us root
- Tesla Coil software for Nova Launcher
- Estrogen Inc. for File explorer
- everyone else that makes this community so good!
If I forgot somebody important please forgive me and let me know, I will immediately add him or her.