[Petition] We want ICS drivers

Search This thread

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Hi all.

I have started a petition for Nvidia to provide us the ICS drivers for venatana board so that if our manufacturers are unable to provide us ICS, our devs can make a ICS build with full H/W acceleration by using those drivers and if we will get those drivers we will surely get latest Jelly Build also (actually i trust in our devs more than our manufacturers).

This petition is not for only Galaxy R but for each and every device based on ventana board and their users suffers lacks of H/W acceleration with ICS (like Lg Optimus 2x, moto atrix).

kindly sign this petition and show your support also spread this to your friends so that they can also support in our petition against nvidia and so that we can show to nvidia that how we care about our devices and we want drivers from you.

if u guys think that anything should be added or edited in petition leave a reply here or PM me i will do it.

rate this thread and also provide it as a news tip so that we can spread this thread on whole xda by xda-portal

Thanks.

Link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/we-want-ics-drivers-for-nvidia-ventana/

Please, all credit goes to the original thread creator..
request you to show your support

Source

Last edited:

dulexetina

Apr 17, 2010
Just signed,and i sure hope that we can make some influence on them.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

ko_wei13

Jan 7, 2012
Signed. Atrix is my first Android phone and I love it so much.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

nerfman100

Jan 11, 2012
Didn't Nvidia already released ICS drivers? I'm typing from my Sony Tablet with ICS 4.0.3, and it also runs on the same HW as the Atrix. Also Motorola already gave ICS to other Tegra phones.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

Not again...

While those devices are Tegra 2 devices, the Atrix uses a different chipset than those. Therefore, those drivers are near useless. Now if you took 5 minutes to read the other threads...

Slymayer

May 2, 2010
Paris
We should make O2X users sign this petition too. As well for others Tegra 2 AP20H based devices users. I'm posting it on other forums.

EDIT : Seems like it's already done.

Last edited:

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010
Oh good lord. Lol, Ill do it...it can only help right? Not sure if the others ever did though did they?

snowplow

Jul 4, 2010
Signed as well. I hope this helps, although I will admit: the prospects seem rather dubious... darn nvidia! Also, pretty sure that the drivers are in no way impacted by the fact that the KERNEL is licensed under GPL...
Hopeful nonetheless :rolleyes:

Reactions: boomn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

I have started a petition for Nvidia to provide us the ICS drivers for venatana board so that if our manufacturers are unable to provide us ICS, our devs can make a ICS build with full H/W acceleration by using those drivers and if we will get those drivers we will surely get latest Jelly Build also (actually i trust in our devs more than our manufacturers).

This petition is not for only Galaxy R but for each and every device based on ventana board and their users suffers lacks of H/W acceleration with ICS (like Lg Optimus 2x, moto atrix).

kindly sign this petition and show your support also spread this to your friends so that they can also support in our petition against nvidia and so that we can show to nvidia that how we care about our devices and we want drivers from you.

if u guys think that anything should be added or edited in petition leave a reply here or PM me i will do it.

rate this thread and also provide it as a news tip so that we can spread this thread on whole xda by xda-portal

Thanks.

Link: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/we-want-ics-drivers-for-nvidia-ventana/

Please, all credit goes to the original thread creator..
    request you to show your support

Source
    Didn't Nvidia already released ICS drivers? I'm typing from my Sony Tablet with ICS 4.0.3, and it also runs on the same HW as the Atrix. Also Motorola already gave ICS to other Tegra phones.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

Not again...

While those devices are Tegra 2 devices, the Atrix uses a different chipset than those. Therefore, those drivers are near useless. Now if you took 5 minutes to read the other threads...
    This is like asking Microsoft to open source Windows. Ain't gonna happen.
    Sorry to be a wet blanket, but this is like trying to hold back a collapsing Hoover Dam with your pinkie finger. I mean, it's a nice thought, but I don't bother with useless endeavors. I prefer to take things as they come while being comfortable with what I have. You can call it defeatist or whatever other name you like; I prefer to call it realistic.
    I doubt Nvidia would actually care but hey, still worth a shot.

Sent from that Atrix.