Thanks Meter 69
been using nova since day one. LOVE it!

XdrummerXboy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by android94301 View Post
Hey folks,

I highly recommend replacing the touch Wiz launcher with nova launcher. I have found it much more intuitive, and much easier to use. (I am not affiliated with Nova in any way.)
APEX is Far better in my opinion. It took a while to figure out the settings I like the most, but now that I have, I try to go to NOVA to see if they have an equivalent setting. They don't. I personally REALLY like APEX's ability to speed up home screen transitions, it looks more like the jelly bean style.

jmorton10
Old
Thanks Meter 365
I used the paid version of apex for a long time in my Rezounds, but after using the paid version of Nova and A/Bing it with Apex I have actually decided I like Nova better in my G3.

Nova does everything I need it to and the unread gmail count works perfectly. The unread gmail count worked fine with Apex in my Rezounds, but I could never get it to work in the G3 with Apex some reason.
~John

VZ Note 3, rooted, Beans ROM/Nova Prime/Custom icons
Gear watch with Null 22.1 ROM & Trangulum kernel,themed etc.

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, rooted W/ Google Playstore & Amazon app store working.
Amazon Prime Video/GMAIL etc. all working perfectly.
Leather Origami case.
Moshi iVisor XT screen protector

MS Surface Pro Tablet W/touch KB
64 gig plus Sandisk (junk) 64 gig MicroSD

Lol, I feel sorry for the pathetic posters who beg everybody to thank them in their signatures.....

Death&co
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I recently purchased Nova Launcher but haven't had the free time to set everything up the way I like it yet.

One thing I did notice was when I hit the home button it asked me which launcher I wanted to use. Touchwiz or Nova Launcher and if I wanted to select one as a default. Since Nova Launcher is completely new to me I choose TW as the default. Once I get everything set up, where can I go to make Nova Launcher the default?

Div033
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death&co View Post
I recently purchased Nova Launcher but haven't had the free time to set everything up the way I like it yet.

One thing I did notice was when I hit the home button it asked me which launcher I wanted to use. Touchwiz or Nova Launcher and if I wanted to select one as a default. Since Nova Launcher is completely new to me I choose TW as the default. Once I get everything set up, where can I go to make Nova Launcher the default?
Go into settings and select application manager. Then find Touchwiz launcher under all applications and press clear defaults.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA App
Device: Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
ROM: Mastamoon's Unofficial CM10.1 (7/19)
Retired Device: HTC Droid Incredible
The Following User Says Thank You to Div033 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigee1212
Old
Thanks Meter 36
i have nova prime installed and i was using that for a while. but check out Atom Launcher in the play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

pretty smooth and fluid for me compared to apex and even nova.

jmorton10
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigee1212 View Post
i have nova prime installed and i was using that for a while. but check out Atom Launcher in the play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

pretty smooth and fluid for me compared to apex and even nova.
What's to check out, it doesn't look like anything special to me??
~John

Leather Origami case.

Lol, I feel sorry for the pathetic posters who beg everybody to thank them in their signatures.....

Mayze23
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I love Nova Launcher and use it on my Nexus 7 but the TW weather widget has grown on me. AFAIK there is no way to use it on any 3rd party launcher

naveeds786
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried Nova and Apex but am having the same problem with both: I can't get scrolling wallpapers to work. When I select a wallpaper it forces me to crop it instead of letting me use the entire wallpaper. This causes black areas to show up when you scroll left/right. Also, landscape mode on the homescreen messes up the wallpaper. Any ideas on how to set this up properly?

jmorton10
Old
Thanks Meter 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveeds786 View Post
I have tried Nova and Apex but am having the same problem with both: I can't get scrolling wallpapers to work. When I select a wallpaper it forces me to crop it instead of letting me use the entire wallpaper. This causes black areas to show up when you scroll left/right. Also, landscape mode on the homescreen messes up the wallpaper. Any ideas on how to set this up properly?
Well, my solution is to turn off scrolling WP which I never really liked anyway.
~John

Leather Origami case.