been using nova since day one. LOVE it!

29th July 2012, 08:25 PM |#22  
Flag AZ
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android94301

Hey folks,

I highly recommend replacing the touch Wiz launcher with nova launcher. I have found it much more intuitive, and much easier to use. (I am not affiliated with Nova in any way.)

APEX is Far better in my opinion. It took a while to figure out the settings I like the most, but now that I have, I try to go to NOVA to see if they have an equivalent setting. They don't. I personally REALLY like APEX's ability to speed up home screen transitions, it looks more like the jelly bean style.
29th July 2012, 10:18 PM |#23  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 368

More
I used the paid version of apex for a long time in my Rezounds, but after using the paid version of Nova and A/Bing it with Apex I have actually decided I like Nova better in my G3.

Nova does everything I need it to and the unread gmail count works perfectly. The unread gmail count worked fine with Apex in my Rezounds, but I could never get it to work in the G3 with Apex some reason.
30th July 2012, 12:44 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I recently purchased Nova Launcher but haven't had the free time to set everything up the way I like it yet.

One thing I did notice was when I hit the home button it asked me which launcher I wanted to use. Touchwiz or Nova Launcher and if I wanted to select one as a default. Since Nova Launcher is completely new to me I choose TW as the default. Once I get everything set up, where can I go to make Nova Launcher the default?
30th July 2012, 12:47 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 273

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death&co

I recently purchased Nova Launcher but haven't had the free time to set everything up the way I like it yet.

One thing I did notice was when I hit the home button it asked me which launcher I wanted to use. Touchwiz or Nova Launcher and if I wanted to select one as a default. Since Nova Launcher is completely new to me I choose TW as the default. Once I get everything set up, where can I go to make Nova Launcher the default?

Go into settings and select application manager. Then find Touchwiz launcher under all applications and press clear defaults.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Div033 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2012, 01:33 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
i have nova prime installed and i was using that for a while. but check out Atom Launcher in the play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

pretty smooth and fluid for me compared to apex and even nova.
30th July 2012, 01:50 AM |#27  
Rochester, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigee1212

i have nova prime installed and i was using that for a while. but check out Atom Launcher in the play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

pretty smooth and fluid for me compared to apex and even nova.

What's to check out, it doesn't look like anything special to me??
30th July 2012, 02:12 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
I love Nova Launcher and use it on my Nexus 7 but the TW weather widget has grown on me. AFAIK there is no way to use it on any 3rd party launcher
30th July 2012, 06:28 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have tried Nova and Apex but am having the same problem with both: I can't get scrolling wallpapers to work. When I select a wallpaper it forces me to crop it instead of letting me use the entire wallpaper. This causes black areas to show up when you scroll left/right. Also, landscape mode on the homescreen messes up the wallpaper. Any ideas on how to set this up properly?
30th July 2012, 11:44 AM |#30  
Rochester, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveeds786

I have tried Nova and Apex but am having the same problem with both: I can't get scrolling wallpapers to work. When I select a wallpaper it forces me to crop it instead of letting me use the entire wallpaper. This causes black areas to show up when you scroll left/right. Also, landscape mode on the homescreen messes up the wallpaper. Any ideas on how to set this up properly?

Well, my solution is to turn off scrolling WP which I never really liked anyway.
30th July 2012, 04:08 PM |#31  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveeds786

I have tried Nova and Apex but am having the same problem with both: I can't get scrolling wallpapers to work.

Install Quick Pic.

Start to set the wallpaper as usual but instead of using Gallery use Quick Pic Wallpaper. The problem is that the S3's Gallery app is set to crop only to a single screen.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)