Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Playing music in car?

OP kash1f

28th July 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
In my bmw, I have a cable that I used to plug my iPhone in and was able to charge/play my music thru the interface. Since I switched over to SGS2 (love it btw), I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for this cable. Is there anything like this for the SGS2, or am I out of luck?

Thanks
28th July 2012, 01:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash1f

In my bmw, I have a cable that I used to plug my iPhone in and was able to charge/play my music thru the interface. Since I switched over to SGS2 (love it btw), I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for this cable. Is there anything like this for the SGS2, or am I out of luck?

Thanks

I use the car dock that is made for the phone by Samsung.
The Following User Says Thank You to papigrande4378 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Queen Creek, AZ
Thanks Meter: 75

354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Best Solution:
Get a new car. My 2010 Mazda M3 has Bluetooth in it so all I had to do is buy a new car charger and connected it to Bluetooth. That's for your best experience though.

Less than the best solution:
Buy a Samsung Car dock, hope you have an AUX port or get an FM transmitter! It's a lot of work to have this done right, clean and everything. But it works! You can find most of the parts on amazon for really cheap. But i hope your car stereo has an Aux port or Bluetooth cuz if not you are kinda gonna be screwed into buying a new one. I don't know of any that support connecting through usb on any other phone than the iPhone or a standard flash drive with just MP3s on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtificialMusik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
Yea, my car has an AUX port, so I will just go buy the dock. Thanks for all your help
29th July 2012, 04:41 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

34 posts
Hopefully another item like this takes off. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-speakers-dock Not trying to advertise, but this looks like it's exactly what you need. Unfortunately it doesn't exist yet... Unless another company makes one that I don't know about.
2nd August 2012, 07:31 AM   |  #6  
Austin
Thanks Meter: 195

719 posts
I highly recommend the Bluetooth Gateway by Motorola that turns your aux-in into an A2DP stereo like these fancy new cars.

A brief guide in the beginning of a little review I wrote here.

Takes a little DIY to get it set up out of the way, but once you do, it's a fantastic, under-$50 solution to get A2DP like the new $20k cars
26th January 2013, 05:09 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
Bt-35 bfhak
Has anyone used either of these devices: BT-35 or BFHAK
They have them for different makes of cars. just wanting to know how well they work.
31st January 2013, 04:29 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 4

18 posts
More
I have a Jeep with the bluetooth touchscreen. I just play mine through BT, even though the sound quality isnt the greatest.
31st January 2013, 09:53 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrs223

I have a Jeep with the bluetooth touchscreen. I just play mine through BT, even though the sound quality isnt the greatest.

I have the same, wonder why the quality suks
1st February 2013, 05:25 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I just use a simple cable from my headphone jack to my aux in jack. I do wish it was able to display stuff like track info and album art, but hey, first world problems I guess. Poweramp does the job.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread