XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Playing music in car?

Tip us?

kash1f
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Playing music in car?

In my bmw, I have a cable that I used to plug my iPhone in and was able to charge/play my music thru the interface. Since I switched over to SGS2 (love it btw), I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for this cable. Is there anything like this for the SGS2, or am I out of luck?

Thanks

papigrande4378
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash1f View Post
In my bmw, I have a cable that I used to plug my iPhone in and was able to charge/play my music thru the interface. Since I switched over to SGS2 (love it btw), I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for this cable. Is there anything like this for the SGS2, or am I out of luck?

Thanks
I use the car dock that is made for the phone by Samsung.
The Following User Says Thank You to papigrande4378 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArtificialMusik
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Best Solution:
Get a new car. My 2010 Mazda M3 has Bluetooth in it so all I had to do is buy a new car charger and connected it to Bluetooth. That's for your best experience though.

Less than the best solution:
Buy a Samsung Car dock, hope you have an AUX port or get an FM transmitter! It's a lot of work to have this done right, clean and everything. But it works! You can find most of the parts on amazon for really cheap. But i hope your car stereo has an Aux port or Bluetooth cuz if not you are kinda gonna be screwed into buying a new one. I don't know of any that support connecting through usb on any other phone than the iPhone or a standard flash drive with just MP3s on it.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II 16GB Grey:
ROM: Beanstalk 4.4.2 by @will03
HP TouchPad 32GB Black:
WebOS clocked@1.7GHz;Schizoid@1.7GHz; Bat Drain :c

Phone/TAB History:
Apple iPhone 4 32GB Black: Dead.
Samsung Galaxy S II: Charge problem.
Apple iPad 2 32GB WiFi: Sold
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate: Sold
AT&T HTC Fuze: Unlocked, Own.
Apple iPad 32GB WiFi: Sold
Apple iPhone 3G(S) 32GB Black: Sold; Unlocked
Apple iPhone 3G 16GB Black: Traded.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtificialMusik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kash1f
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yea, my car has an AUX port, so I will just go buy the dock. Thanks for all your help

Aluminum Gerbil
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hopefully another item like this takes off. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-speakers-dock Not trying to advertise, but this looks like it's exactly what you need. Unfortunately it doesn't exist yet... Unless another company makes one that I don't know about.

MaxRabbit
Old
Thanks Meter 180
I highly recommend the Bluetooth Gateway by Motorola that turns your aux-in into an A2DP stereo like these fancy new cars.

A brief guide in the beginning of a little review I wrote here.

Takes a little DIY to get it set up out of the way, but once you do, it's a fantastic, under-$50 solution to get A2DP like the new $20k cars
Addicted to Cyanogenmod
Stock voice recorder leave you wanting? Literally hear my review of the best Android voice recorder.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass... And I've just finished my milk."

Zuikan
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Bt-35 bfhak

Has anyone used either of these devices: BT-35 or BFHAK
They have them for different makes of cars. just wanting to know how well they work.

wrs223
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have a Jeep with the bluetooth touchscreen. I just play mine through BT, even though the sound quality isnt the greatest.

andruha88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrs223 View Post
I have a Jeep with the bluetooth touchscreen. I just play mine through BT, even though the sound quality isnt the greatest.
I have the same, wonder why the quality suks

rdahl578
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just use a simple cable from my headphone jack to my aux in jack. I do wish it was able to display stuff like track info and album art, but hey, first world problems I guess. Poweramp does the job.