[GUIDE] [how to] CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST METHODS]

OP lokeshsaini94

14th October 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #101  
OP Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Behind you!!!
Thanks Meter: 3,681

1,776 posts
Donate to Me
More
You will have to find problem by yourself, sorry I don't have my computer and am very busy too... Use logcat to find problem...

Ok let me explain this deodex thing... Stock rom i.e. Rom by Samsung has many apk files splited in two files
1. Apk file
2. Odex file
They do it to make things complicated for us so deodexing means combining both files back to make modding easy...
YES you can replace app and framework folder, but keep in mind that if there are any changes done in that rom like deleted apps, theming etc will be same in your rom...
Example if that rom is themed like ics or has different battery icons than your rom will have same...

Just keep HITTING thanks... :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S7500 using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #102  
Flag iloilo
Thanks Meter: 17

108 posts
More
Can i build an android 4.x.x using this tutorial and do i nee a fast pc..
How would i know the system partition to use
And how to base a rom on cm,aopk ..im confused..
Sorry im a noob and very awesome post

Sent from my LG-GT540 using xda premium
Last edited by SmashDrill; 16th October 2012 at 04:29 PM.
16th October 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #103  
Flag Behind you!!!

1,776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashDrill

Can i build an android 4.x.x using this tutorial and do i nee a fast pc..
How would i know the system partition to use
And how to base a rom on cm,aopk ..im confused..
Sorry im a noob and very awesome post

YES KITCHEN SUPPORTS 4.X.X ANDROID VERSIONS... SO YOU CAN USE IT...
YOU NEED SYSTEM FOLDER... IF YOU ARE RROTED THAN USE ROOT EXPLORER OR OTHER AND GO TO ROOT OF YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY... YOU WILL SEE A SYSTEM NAMED FOLDER...
YOU DON'T NEED TO BASE CM OR OTHER ROMS... AS THEY ALREDY HAVE LOTS OF THINGS... IF YOU WANT TO USE ADVANCE MODIFICATIONS THEN JUST EXTRACT ROM ZIP YOU WILL FIND YOUR FILES AND FOLDER THERE...
DON'T SAY YOU ARE NOOB... YOU ARE A NEWBIE AND FUTURE DEVELOPER... THINK POSITIVE...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #104  
Flag iloilo
Thanks Meter: 17

108 posts
More
Thank you so muchhhh

17th October 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 875

629 posts
Donate to Me
More
this is a cool thread

too bad just broke my HD2 recently (touchscreen died)

i've been flashing roms from different devs almost a year now although i''m not that active before on XDA forums i just love doing customizations...

this motivated me to try making my own ROM once i got another phone to play with

thanks man!
Last edited by r_i_x; 17th October 2012 at 10:58 AM.
17th October 2012, 11:18 AM   |  #106  
Flag Behind you!!!

1,776 posts
Donate to Me
More
you are welcome...
this is guide to make rom with android kitchen... but i am thinking to make another guide to make rom without android kitchen as using kitchen is very basic and easy thing and is limited... so i will add few advance things in new guide...
but not so soon...
The Following User Says Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 14

135 posts
Good to have people like U..

I'm studying basic C++ at home currently, and also planning to study java programming... Hoping to be a good programmer/developer someday..

My question is, what skill does a person need to be an Android developer?
I mean, not just customizing a Rom, but something more advance..

Thanks for this thread. This is all i need to start playing with my phone.. :thumbup:

Sent from my ST18i using xda app-developers app
19th October 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #108  
Flag Behind you!!!

1,776 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't know any programing language myself...
But i think you need java and linux experince to be a good dev

Sent from my GT-S7500 using xda premium
19th October 2012, 10:31 AM   |  #109  
Flag Espinho
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
More
Cool
Hi lokeshsaini94!

This thread you did is awesome! Exactly what i was looking for to start off and has all what it takes to get to know how this "world" works. Really awesome job! Ive hit the "thanks" button a couple of times.. LoL!

One question though! Ive followed you intrutions by the book and im getting an error at the final step: flashing in CWM.

First time, i simply took the stock rom and used this tutorial to "rebuild" a custom stock rom with some apps i use on a regular basis and removed some junk and didnt need.

Also, i used your tutorial and a second one (How to port a miui rom) to try to combine both and do a port of the MIUI rom to my device. i crossed info from both and did the final zip.

On both the zip, using CWM ive got error 0!

I tried again and changed the files in the META folder, changed the update script to updater script (did it the first time) and back and nothing! using update script i get error 6, updater script, error 0. At some point i started to get "bad file" error in CWM but i was able to read the file with Winrar on the PC.

One thing i remembered is that, the stock rom for the device comes in .img files and a flashing aplication. Theyre in EXT4 FS. Should i create a system.img of my new rom and flash it using the stock flashing application? If so.... how do i create the .img?

Once again, many thanks for this great thread!!

EDIT: One other thing, the device is a 7" tablet of a Spanish company. ITs a BQ Maxwell Plus: CPU_RK3066 (Dual core @1.6Ghz), Q.Core Mali400, 1Gb RAM, 7" IPS
Last edited by InfectedM; 19th October 2012 at 10:33 AM.
19th October 2012, 01:55 PM   |  #110  
Flag Behind you!!!

1,776 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedM

Hi lokeshsaini94!

This thread you did is awesome! Exactly what i was looking for to start off and has all what it takes to get to know how this "world" works. Really awesome job! Ive hit the "thanks" button a couple of times.. LoL!

One question though! Ive followed you intrutions by the book and im getting an error at the final step: flashing in CWM.

First time, i simply took the stock rom and used this tutorial to "rebuild" a custom stock rom with some apps i use on a regular basis and removed some junk and didnt need.

Also, i used your tutorial and a second one (How to port a miui rom) to try to combine both and do a port of the MIUI rom to my device. i crossed info from both and did the final zip.

On both the zip, using CWM ive got error 0!

I tried again and changed the files in the META folder, changed the update script to updater script (did it the first time) and back and nothing! using update script i get error 6, updater script, error 0. At some point i started to get "bad file" error in CWM but i was able to read the file with Winrar on the PC.

One thing i remembered is that, the stock rom for the device comes in .img files and a flashing aplication. Theyre in EXT4 FS. Should i create a system.img of my new rom and flash it using the stock flashing application? If so.... how do i create the .img?

Once again, many thanks for this great thread!!

EDIT: One other thing, the device is a 7" tablet of a Spanish company. ITs a BQ Maxwell Plus: CPU_RK3066 (Dual core @1.6Ghz), Q.Core Mali400, 1Gb RAM, 7" IPS

these errors are not about rom but about meta-inf folder...
all those errors you get while flashing in updater script are because of your meta-inf
and all errors after flashing are because of rom...

for error 0 try replacing update binary with any rom or mod available for your device...
use kitchen to make a flashable zip and copy it to sdcard without error...
bad copy error is because your zip file is corrupted...
and also you should always use notepad++ or similar tool to edit updater script to keep its unix format...
if you have a custom recovery than you dont need to convert to any img...

The Following User Says Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace plus, custom rom, easy, make rom
Previous Thread Next Thread