Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 55,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Tether Fully Working COnfirmed!

Tip us?

joselarajan87
Old
(Last edited by joselarajan87; 10th October 2012 at 07:47 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Thumbs up Wifi Tether Fully Working COnfirmed!

NOTE: IF YOU STILL GETTING THE MSG ABOUT THE TMOBILE OFFER OF 14.99 THE SOLUTION IS:

SOLITION #1: IF YOU ARE USING GOOGLE CHROME AND STILL WANT TO USE GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR DEFAULT BROWSER YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE USER AGENT. TO DO SO YOU OPEN GOOGLE CHROME CLICK ON MENU THEN TOOLS, THEN DEVELOPER TOOLS, THE A WINDOW ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS GOING TO PUP UP THEN CLICK ON SETTINGS (THERE IS A SETTING BUTTOM ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM) THEN YOU ARE GOING TO SEE 3 TABS: GENERAL -OVERRIDES-SHORTCUTS, CLICK ON OVERRIDES THEN YOU CLICK ON USER AGENT AND CHANGE THE USER AGENT TO ANYTHING THATS IT!

SOLUTION # 2 :GO TO WWW.APPLE.COM AND DOWNLOAD SAFARI BROWSER SIMPLE AND USE IT! THATS IT!!
ALSO IF YOU DONT LIKE SAFARI BROWSER YOU CAN ALWAYS DOWNLOAD FIREFOX BROWSER!!

1ST - ROOT YOUR PHONE!!!!!!!
2ND-DOWNLOAD THIS APK FROM THE MARKET OR FROM HERE http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ VERSION 3.1 BETA14
3RD-INSTALL IT ON YOUR PHONE
4TH- OPEN THE APP HIT MENU-SETTINGS- CHANGE DEVICE PROFILE AND SET YOUR PHONE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS (CDMA/LTE). NOW GO BACK AND START TETHERING!!!! THATS IT SIMPLE WORKS GREAT AND FAST!! CONECTS ANY DEVICE FAST!!

NOTE:

NOTE:IF YOU GUYS UPDATED YOUR PHONE NOW PUT THE PROFILE TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS GSM INSTEAD OF THE CDMA/LTE !!!!
Attached Files
File Type: apk wifi_tether_v3_1-beta14.apk - [Click for QR Code] (382.0 KB, 1251 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joselarajan87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jjlean
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Works on mine too

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

cr6
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Does this only work on the t mobile version our will it work on Verizons as well?
Thanks!

tap'n

joselarajan87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr6 View Post
Does this only work on the t mobile version our will it work on Verizons as well?
Thanks!

tap'n
so far i know this method works on sprint and tmobile.. havent tried verizon or att yet
The Following User Says Thank You to joselarajan87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jjlean
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr6 View Post
Thanks!

tap'n
Try it and see. Shouldn't hurt anything. It's just an app.

cr6
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'll give’r a try, thanks guys.

tap'n

jawang26
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Just fyi.. Someone else on another thread and now me got a push msg from using Wifi Tether.. Pretty much says stop or they'll block tethering.. I've only been using it for about 2 days b4 I got the msg

Anyone else get it or have a work around?

jjlean
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Are you using the stock app or wifi tether? I thought wifi tether is supposed to avoid tmo knowing that you are tethering.

joselarajan87
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawang26 View Post
Just fyi.. Someone else on another thread and now me got a push msg from using Wifi Tether.. Pretty much says stop or they'll block tethering.. I've only been using it for about 2 days b4 I got the msg

Anyone else get it or have a work around?
try using a different browser on your pc.. that happens to me on time but with a galazy s2 and it was because i was using google chrome, so i swithc to a different browser and problem solved!!!! JUST FYI
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joselarajan87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jawang26
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Ok thanks ill try fire fox btw is there any settings in firefox I need to change?