Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NAND] CyanogenMod 7.2 from source

Tip us?
 
CoolrunnerII
Old
(Last edited by CoolrunnerII; 18th February 2013 at 09:54 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Trondheim
Smile [NAND] CyanogenMod 7.2 from source

We now have a complete working build environment for CyanogenMod7.2 for the X1/kovsky.

Feature list:

* Phone works (SMS, calls, HSDPA, EDGE et al)
* Wifi works with open access points and WPA encryption. Signal meter is now working. (WEP does not work, you may get unexpected disconnects, and have to reconnect sometimes)
* Bluetooth works, but turning bluetooth off will drain your battery very fast. (You need to reboot stop this)
* GPS works with AGPS, but may crash your phone.
* Camera can take pictures. (No autofocus)
* Automatic adjustment of screen backlight
* About 40 hours battery life.

Issues we are working on:

* Fix bluetooth turn off bug
* Power usage

Issues that will probably not be resolved:

* FM-radio


This is based on SP3DEV/Alex's earlier work with lots of contributions from the rest of the community.

The android code is at: https://github.com/CoolrunnerII/
The kernel code is maintained by Zargloub at: https://gitorious.org/~poussevin/lin...x-linux-xperia

If anyone feel they have the skill and interest to contribute directly to these repos please contact me and I may arrange with write permision for more people.

Precompiled releses can be found in the second post.

We have a google code page with a issue tracker.

Build instructions can be found in the google code wiki
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CoolrunnerII
Old
(Last edited by CoolrunnerII; 4th October 2012 at 06:35 AM.) Reason: changed to google code
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Trondheim
20121001:

* First fix for wifi signal meter in wpa_supplicant. Signal level changes with distance from access point. I need feedback about absolute levels. (Should it read higher or lower?)


cm-7-20121002


20120920:

* Small change to wpa_supplicant.conf that may enable WEP access points. I can't test this at the moment, so I would like some feedback on this.

cm-7-20120920

recovery:

* with the same kernel as 20120919
* with Elibl's fixes for screen roation and font size

Mediafire: recovery.img

20120919:

* gps.kovsky.so with agps support (got some crashes when enabled with wifi)
* zargloubs latest kernel with my touchscreen fix.
* working camera

Mediafire: cm-7-20120919


20120902:

* Only change from 20120902 is libcamera.so
* Camera should work now. Using what I believe is the proprietary HTC Dream libcamera.so that has been included in all the other ROM's

cm-7-20120902 [broken]


20120831:

* First release with working GPS included
* Standard CM7.2
* Latest kernel from zargloub (without modules, if you need them you will have to flash a boot.img afterwards)
* RIL is working as far as I can tell
* Camera lib seems to be broken, but I haven't tested it all that much
* KNOWN BUG: When GPS is in use the touchscreen stops working.
* WARNING; There has been a reported boot loop caused by booting with gps enabled. I think I have fixed this bug, but havent tested the fix. If you end up in a boot loop you will have to enter recovery and flash a zip without gps.

cm-7-20120831 [broken]





Initial alfa release: cm-7-20120801
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Elibl
Old
(Last edited by Elibl; 30th July 2012 at 01:29 PM.)
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 600
Join Date: Dec 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
hi just for feedback: compiling recoveryimage works flawlessly for me you can see here. (i updated prebuilt_kernel, applied a patch and fixed some stuff in bootable recovery and added kovsky/recovery/recovery_ui.c)

as soon as i find a way to include wpa repo to local_manifest.xml i'll compile the whole build

furthermore we can update init files with the ones from neopeek. and i've got also some self-completed keylayout and keymap files for qwertz, qwerty and azerty on my machine that could be added (but needs more work for system integration)

for completing the environment i'm sorry i'm not yet that advanced in git and cm-source-code to help much on this i think...
(started my first environment 3 weeks ago or so)

so far...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elibl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CoolrunnerII
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Trondheim
When I compile on my system wpa compiles correctly.

What doesn't work is running "make bacon"

The error message I get is

Code:
Select Code
  running:  imgdiff /tmp/tmpCfMuHH /tmp/tmp7uJUBN /tmp/tmpYGNi58
WARNING: failure running imgdiff:


Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 813, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 788, in main
    WriteFullOTAPackage(input_zip, output_zip)
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 402, in WriteFullOTAPackage
    MakeRecoveryPatch(output_zip, recovery_img, boot_img)
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 322, in MakeRecoveryPatch
    _, _, patch = d.ComputePatch()
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
make: *** [out/target/product/kovsky/cyanogen_kovsky-ota-eng.tob.zip] Error 1
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Elibl
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 363
Posts: 600
Join Date: Dec 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII View Post
When I compile on my system wpa compiles correctly.

What doesn't work is running "make bacon"

The error message I get is

Code:
Select Code
  running:  imgdiff /tmp/tmpCfMuHH /tmp/tmp7uJUBN /tmp/tmpYGNi58
WARNING: failure running imgdiff:


Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 813, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 788, in main
    WriteFullOTAPackage(input_zip, output_zip)
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 402, in WriteFullOTAPackage
    MakeRecoveryPatch(output_zip, recovery_img, boot_img)
  File "./build/tools/releasetools/ota_from_target_files", line 322, in MakeRecoveryPatch
    _, _, patch = d.ComputePatch()
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
make: *** [out/target/product/kovsky/cyanogen_kovsky-ota-eng.tob.zip] Error 1
here you can find interesting infos about lunch, brunch, breakfast and make bacon it looks like everything else than lunch is only for official supported devices...?

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

and here for flashable zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastin1015 View Post
Or for a flashable zip:
Code:
Select Code
$ make -j# otapackage
The Following User Says Thank You to Elibl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CoolrunnerII
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Trondheim
"make bacon" is an alias for "make otapackage"

It is an otapackage we need, so we have to figure out why it is broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoolrunnerII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CoolrunnerII
Old
(Last edited by CoolrunnerII; 1st August 2012 at 01:23 PM.)
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Trondheim
I moved the build tools to a personal fork and removed the recovery image from the ota package python script.

"make bacon" now generates a valid looking ota zip file with upgrade-scripts and everything.

I haven't tried to flash this yet, and I am leaving town for a week tomorrow. If anyone has the guts to compile and test it I am very interested in hearing your feedback.
 
ryo2456
Old
#8  
ryo2456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII View Post
I moved the build tools to a personal fork and removed the recovery image from the ota package python script.

"make bacon" now generates a valid looking ota zip file with upgrade-scripts and everything.

I haven't tried to flash this yet, and I am leaving town for a week tomorrow. If anyone has the guts to compile and test it I am very interested in hearing your feedback.
You can upload it and we will try
 
CoolrunnerII
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Trondheim
First zip up in second post!

Beware: it is completely untested.

Remember to use fastboot to flash boot.img after using the zip
 
ryo2456
Old
#10  
ryo2456's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 237
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolrunnerII View Post
First zip up in second post!

Beware: it is completely untested.

Remember to use fastboot to flash boot.img after using the zip
you mean the boot.img from zargloub's post ?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes