[ROM][GT-P7100] Unofficial Android 4.04 CM9 (ICS Preview) (02/05/2012)
I am please to announce an unofficial build of Android 4.04 (CM9), Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) for the Galaxy Tablet 10.1v (the forgotten one), GT-P7100.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS
You do this at you own risk. I cannot be held responsible if you brake something.
This is an alpha build, what does that mean?
- It is not feature complete.
- It will contain bugs.
- It will not have everything working 100%, do not complain about something is not working.
What is not working:
Battery usage data
- When trying to unlock tablet the touch screen sometimes does not respond. When you press lock (power) it just dims screen. Let the tab go to sleep itself and try it again. Keep doing until it works, it does sometimes take a while to get back, or force hard reboot.
- Screens flashes to black when you login to tab
If you have flashed a 7500 modem to your TAB the signal strength will not work correctly. (working on a fix, I hope)
What is working:
- HQ Youtube videos
- You need root
- Backup your current tablet via CWM/Recovery
- Copy files onto your tab.
- You need to install a new recovery.img via fastboot , you should know how to get into bootloader to do fastboot by now, if not see instructions above for root: fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img
- Reboot into recovery,
- Wipe/Data reset (very important)
- Wipe Cache
- Flash ROM,
- Flash GAPPS.
- Thanks to the flowing people:
- Kernel work, Device tree, All around guru, etc. He assisted me a lot.
team for the wonderful cm9 experience.
- Assisting with testing.
for pointing me in the right direction to get 3g working.
Seo, He assisted me a lot.
If I missed someone let me know.
The Wife and kids, putting up with me with all my late nights.
- Latest CM9 upstream changes
- Latest kernel fixes from pershoot, including SoD.
- CM9 Android 4.04 update
- Latest kernel fixes from pershoot
- core: remove extraneous wifi fw - pershoot
- overlay: fix tether when using NL80211/HOSTAPD - pershoot
- core: remove extraneous libnv/axf files - pershoot
- Kernel Changes: - pershoot
[**]defconfig: ics: enable remaining PPP options and L2TP
[**]net: backport/sync l2tp with moto's 2.6.39
[**]net: backport/sync *ppp* with moto's 2.6.39
[**]sdio: optimized SDIO IRQ handling for single irq
[**]defconfig: ics: set TUN to be in-built and BROADCOM_WIFI_RESERVED_MEM
[**]wireless: bcmdhd: use wlan_mem_prealloc for CUSTOMER_HW_SAMSUNG
[**]video: tegra-ics: sync with ASUS's TF101 ICS kernel source
[**]cfg80211: fix a crash in nl80211_send_station
[**]nl80211/cfg80211: Make addition of new sinfo fields safer
[**]cfg80211/nl80211: Send AssocReq IEs to user space in AP mode
[**]cfg80211: Add nl80211 event for deletion of a station entry
[**]wireless: bcmdhd: import bcmdhd from I-9100 (GSII) Update
[**]wireless: bcmdhd: import wlan_gpio from bcm4330, remove OOB_INTR_ONLY and RDWR_MACADDR (to BCM4330)
[**]Bluetooth: bnep: Fix bad ether addresses
[**]media: video: avp-ics: backport/sync with nvidia's 3.1
[**]media: fix corner case in tegra_mediaserver
[**]arm: tegra (partial): fix numerous warnings
[**]defconfig: ics: enable CFG80211
- Latest upstream cm9 Changes as of 28 March 2012
- pershoot - kernel fixes(wifi)
- kernel fixes/enhancements
- core: switch to ASUS's TF101, 184.108.40.206 ICS libs/fw
- core: remove extraneous wifi fw
- network: change to in-build broadcom bundled FW for STA/P2P
- bootanim: set BOARD_CACHE_BOOTANIM
- network: wifi: switch to in-build broadcom bundled FW for AP
- core: remove extraneous wifi fw
- Latest CM9 upstream fixes/enhancements
YOU NEED TO REFLASH
YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIPE AGAIN!
The download link
Note: I will keep the same link I will just update it.
Test ROM's available from here: http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p3/
. Pershoot is providing them. They will disappear from time to time, meaning he is building new test versions. Deal with it.
Current Devices: Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE (SGP321) | LG G2 (D802)
NOTICE: I do not respond to tech support questions through PM. Ask in forums, everybody will benefit