1st December 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #991  
Flag Kochi
Thanks Meter: 2

30 posts
More
Question ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORiZorrie

I was thinking that we need a separate topic on this ROM so that we don't go too much offtopic in the CM9 topic.
All credits go off course to pershoot (be sure to thank him)

INFO
http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
This is Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) + CM10 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
http://get.cm/?device=p3

Or try pershoot's crib:
http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm10/p3/

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
/!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
2. Go to http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm10/p3/
3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
4. Download 'cm-10-*-EXPERIMENTAL-p3.zip' and put it in internal storage.
5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. http://www.gapps-jb-20121017-konstakang.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
8. Flash 'cm-10-*-EXPERIMENTAL-p3.zip'.
9. Flash 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip'.
10. Reboot
11. Enjoy your ROM
12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
1. Get ODIN 1.85
2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_230 0_0" (google it)
3. Install the driver for Tab
4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
8. Flash it
9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22

WORKING
bluetooth
browser
back camera (8MP)
gps
install/move apps on sd card
mobile data 3g/2g
rotation
sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
superuser
MTP
video playback
vibration
wifi
youtube
front camera

BUGS
report them! :-p

If you find any other bugs, please report them in this thread!

The post says this rom is for galaxy tab 10.1v, can i install the same rom for galaxy tab 10.1 3g version P7500? If i can im dam sure that im gonna donate for this work its just amazing. Wish i could learn all these things too. Whoever replies to this...thanks a milliom
1st December 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #992  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 26

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eantonykurien

The post says this rom is for galaxy tab 10.1v, can i install the same rom for galaxy tab 10.1 3g version P7500? If i can im dam sure that im gonna donate for this work its just amazing. Wish i could learn all these things too. Whoever replies to this...thanks a milliom

There's a whole different form for your tablet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
2nd December 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #993  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 335

2,389 posts
More
I updated to 02/12 by clearing the cache and the dalvik and I'm in a bootloop, which is the worse that can happen with this ****ing tab.

Am I the only one ?
2nd December 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #994  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 158

705 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBiker

I updated to 02/12 by clearing the cache and the dalvik and I'm in a bootloop, which is the worse that can happen with this ****ing tab.

Am I the only one ?

Is fine here! with 01/12.
I think you''ve flashed CM9 over CM10, no?
cm-9-20121202-NIGHTLY-p3.zip
2nd December 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #995  
Flag Brussels

2,389 posts
More
Yes that's the issue....Honestly, this is a crappy move from get.cm, mixing cm10 & cm9 like that ! Shouldn't be that complicated to create two lists.

Can someone tell me how to get out of this bootloop without having to go back to stock with odin ? 'Cause if I have to do that one more time, I swear, I'll just sell this crappy tab.

EDIT : found it but I don't have any other CM10 on the tab AND I only have a CM10 gapps installed. And of course, no way to copy a file from the recovery. I'm good to restore to stock. Or I'll just sell it and go for a Nexus 7.
Last edited by DannyBiker; 2nd December 2012 at 08:00 PM.
2nd December 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #996  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 158

705 posts
More
Quote:

Yes that's the issue....Honestly, this is a crappy move from get.cm, mixing cm10 & cm9 like that ! Shouldn't be that east to create two lists.

Can someone tell me how to get out of this bootloop without having to go back to stock with odin ? 'Cause if I have to do that one more time, I swear, I'll just sell this crappy tab.

While in bootloop, try to get in fastboot mode pressing VOL-UP . IF you can do that, you can start over without odin

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:

Yes that's the issue....Honestly, this is a crappy move from get.cm, mixing cm10 & cm9 like that ! Shouldn't be that complicated to create two lists.

EDIT : found it but I don't have any other CM10 on the tab AND I only have a CM10 gapps installed. And of course, no way to copy a file from the recovery. I'm good to restore to stock. Or I'll just sell it and go for a Nexus 7.

You don't need it.
You can do all you need with fastboot and ADB
I've done that mistake once Flash CM9
The Following User Says Thank You to okidokiss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #997  
Thanks Meter: 6

118 posts
Quote:

Sell the crappy tab.... This is obviously all too complicated for you.

I don't get it. You **** up and then it is everything / everyone else' fault. Grow up.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaryWS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2012, 12:06 PM   |  #998  
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
I want to install CM10 release "cm-10-20121204-NIGHTLY-p4wifi.zip" from http://get.cm/?device=p4wifi. Currently, I'm on ICS 4.0.4., rooted and CWM 5.8.3.1 touch, which is latest for my P7510 according the official ClockWorkMod site. Furthermore, my P7510 has the EMMC brick bug risk.

So for switching to CM10 from rooted stock ICS with CWM v5.8.3.1, I feel really insecure to do any clean cache & clean dalvik cache or full wipe actions. So:

- Can any one confirm is CWM 6.0.1.0 is safe on ICS v4.0.4 for cache & clean dalvik cache or full wipe actions on my P7510 (I read it is and only CWM v5.x are unsafe)?
- Is CWM v6.0.1.0 suitable for my P7510 (because v5.8.3.1. is latest one according ClockworkMod site)?
- Or should I go back to stock HC v3.2, do a full wipe, root, install CWM v6.0.1.0 and then cm-10-20121204-NIGHTLY-p4wifi.zip via CWM?

Thanks for your response.
Last edited by Dead Silence; 5th December 2012 at 01:31 PM.
5th December 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #999  
Flag Brussels

2,389 posts
More
Wrong section man, this is the 10.1V forum (p7100).
5th December 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #1000  
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
Quote:

Wrong section man, this is the 10.1V forum (p7100).

Crap..you're right. Apologies!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dead Silence For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread