Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 45,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

P1000 stay on boot, ''Internal MMC checksum failed''

Tip us?

scorpionhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyana View Post
well, I don't know for sure.
But the P1000N/L has different touch screen driver in their kernel.
You can flash it using Odin and you can even use the recovery, since CWM isn't touch screen based.

But that is not what I am saying above.
You asked for guide, I said Overcome guide is clear.

Have you even download the PDF and read?
Page 7/8 has picture of what to put in Odin fields. You can put GB stock safe v4, v5, or whatever, a Panama or Trinidad based GB, or even Froyo, the picture is still going to be the same (or similar).
So, use your froyo, use the guide. (or not) up to you.
Ok I will try it. Thank you very much!

geno93n0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
This error regularly happens when flashing stock ROMs. Then you will have to download and flash dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin (Google "P1000 dbdata.tar"; it's about 1.25MB or so). This solves it for me and a few others.
The Following User Says Thank You to geno93n0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scorpionhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by geno93n0 View Post
This error regularly happens when flashing stock ROMs. Then you will have to download and flash dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin (Google "P1000 dbdata.tar"; it's about 1.25MB or so). This solves it for me and a few others.
Did that twice. Didn't help

geno93n0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionhd2 View Post
Did that twice. Didn't help
I just restocked less than an hour ago and ran into the same thing. Are you using the right PIT for your model?
The Following User Says Thank You to geno93n0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scorpionhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
I just restocked less than an hour ago and ran into the same thing. Are you using the right PIT for your model?
I assume so. I got it from HumberOS (i think). I will double check later as I am at work right now. I wouldn't mind it if you could post it if you have it.

scorpionhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
OK so I am using the correct PIT, or so I understand. I even tried reflashing the dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin. Still no change.

Could this have an affect on the modem of the tab as well and cause it not to read the sim?

geno93n0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionhd2 View Post
OK so I am using the correct PIT, or so I understand. I even tried reflashing the dbdata.tar as PDA in Odin. Still no change.

Could this have an affect on the modem of the tab as well and cause it not to read the sim?
No clue, never had to reflash my modem. That may have introduced a wild variable into the equation, because usually the dbdata trick fixes that problem.

I advise starting the whole Overcome restock process from the beginning. Try to ignore the modem part.

scorpionhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 113
YAY! Fully rooted with SU and BusyBox Installed. I restocked to Froyo with PIT and Re-partition, then reflashed Froyo again (no PIT). Then flashed the dbdata.rfs.tar file. Then I was able to use Superoneclick to root and install SU & BB.

Thanks to each one of you for your help!

scorpionhd2
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Deleted