FORUMS

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

[VIDEO Overviews and How To's] Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH - T999)

723 posts
Thanks Meter: 700

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th September 2012, 06:58 AM |#21  
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 7

More
oh my god, this rules so hard.

12th September 2012, 07:09 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaughan, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuagung

nice

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmendc

oh my god, this rules so hard.

Thanks! Glad you liked them

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium
21st September 2012, 07:04 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
my brother broght me a galaxy s3 but i cant be sure if its t mobile or not it shows t mobile flash at the start but there are no info about tmobile in anywere of the phone how can be sure because i want to root it
21st September 2012, 03:30 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaughan, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by archeuscaine

my brother broght me a galaxy s3 but i cant be sure if its t mobile or not it shows t mobile flash at the start but there are no info about tmobile in anywere of the phone how can be sure because i want to root it

Hey man, it's quite simple actually. Remove the battery cover as well as the battery pack and they'll be a sticker on the phone indicating the model number. The T-Mobile model is the SGH-T999

~ Imraan

Last edited by AllAboutAndroids; 22nd September 2012 at 06:16 AM.
22nd September 2012, 12:39 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renster718

Nice! Very useful!

26th September 2012, 10:26 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thannks for this thread guys

im new to this and was wondering how are you guys keeping ytour data/contacts/apps when you change roms?

thanks
mikey
26th September 2012, 11:57 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaughan, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky14

thannks for this thread guys

im new to this and was wondering how are you guys keeping ytour data/contacts/apps when you change roms?

thanks
mikey

Hey! Just make sure that you have enabled Google's Backup. It will restore all your contacts after a ROM flash. Now, if you always want to keep your data, there are tons of apps that do so. I recommend Titanium Backup for some specific system Settings and preferences to be backed up as well as the caller log etc and I recommend SMS Backup&Restore which can save all of your messages

~Imraan
5th October 2012, 01:09 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Question Only getting 3G service
i have a T-Mobile phone which is unlocked and i got it fully working with AT&T. Right now I am using a the Stock ROM. What I can't figure out is why I am only getting 3G service when people in my house who have T-Mobile are getting 4G and people in my house with the new iPhones who are also on AT&T are getting LTE service. Does it have to do with the APN settings or is it because I'm using a T-Mobile phone instead of a At&T phone.

Thanks so much in advance,
~Aqua

P.S. I love your videos!

edited: Sorry I forgot to say that I am in the United States.
Last edited by AquaWater; 5th October 2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: adding info.
5th October 2012, 04:34 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vaughan, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaWater

i have a T-Mobile phone which is unlocked and i got it fully working with AT&T. Right now I am using a the Stock ROM. What I can't figure out is why I am only getting 3G service when people in my house who have T-Mobile are getting 4G and people in my house with the new iPhones who are also on AT&T are getting LTE service. Does it have to do with the APN settings or is it because I'm using a T-Mobile phone instead of a At&T phone.

Thanks so much in advance,
~Aqua

P.S. I love your videos!

edited: Sorry I forgot to say that I am in the United States.

Hey Aqua, sorry to say this...but you actually only have the HSPA+ Galaxy SIII. Since T-Mobile does not support LTE yet, their S3 version is not an LTE capable device. TO fully utilize your new AT&T line, I recommend you selling your S3 and getting one on a Contract over there for a cheaper price or add some more to purchase the LTE version of the phone.

~Imraan
5th October 2012, 07:00 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up Great Reviews!
I actually watched the Wicked Rom Review before flashing it on my phone. It was my first time rooting a phone so I wanted as much info as I could get and your vids did just that
7th October 2012, 04:56 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutAndroids

Hey Aqua, sorry to say this...but you actually only have the HSPA+ Galaxy SIII. Since T-Mobile does not support LTE yet, their S3 version is not an LTE capable device. TO fully utilize your new AT&T line, I recommend you selling your S3 and getting one on a Contract over there for a cheaper price or add some more to purchase the LTE version of the phone.

~Imraan

Thank you for the reply, but what I don't understand is that this phone came from the T-Mobile store. And I do have a contract with them. But it wasn't bought under my account name. The phone was bought from a friend who worked at a T-mobile stand. So why I don't get 4G or LTE service I'm still puzzled. I am so sorry for being an idiot on this, but I'm really dont understand why?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread