Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 52,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] Battery saving tips

Tip us?

AspenMan
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.
Technophile
Too many tablets/phones/watches/etc to list...

Lets waste some money, and have fun doing it....

Best OTG cable ever!

tedr44
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Antutu's Battery Saver worked great on my 101, I'm observing how it will regulate the power drain on my 700. Hopefully it will keep the back of the tab cool as well.

imagine cars
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default i think the problem is when you have wifi on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali I Hagen View Post
I think the standby time is awesome. Wifi off, power save mode enabled and left the tablet over night right after full charged battery w/o dock. After 10h still 100%.
this is good when you have wifi off. however, when you have the wifi on, it shows 80% wifi and 20% screen consumed by battery. you can stop network access by disabling wifi from Asus customized settings and also in wifi setting, you can keep wifi on during sleep to NEVER. this helps a lot..

d14b0ll0s
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 444
Stock battery (usage) stats are not relevant, use other battery apps or widgets for that.

I've heard good things about AnTuTu's bat.sav., but also that it doesn't let you have more insight into what it's actually doing, so JuiceDefender seems a better option in that matter.

Redefined301
Old
Thanks Meter 14
d14b0ll0s:
Do you know the specific voltage setting / configurations coming out of the usb line?
Is it 16V and how does it distinguish between 16V and 5V on the single USB cable.
For example does the voltage cable go on different lines for 16V and 5V for the TF700?
Or is it 16/5V dual switchable on the same power cable?
I'm asking this is because there's interest to charge the tablet by using alternative methods such as mobile battery with 16V setting.
If so, then does a DC to USB cable be suffice for the job? Or is the cable wired differently as proprietary ASUS?

Thanks!
Are you a 'ASUS' die-hard fanatic worshiper!!?

d14b0ll0s
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 444
Sorry, I wouldn't know that. There some ppl here that are doing some testing with the batteries and hardware, perhaps the_kreature or MartyHulskemper could know something. You should post it as a thread in Q&A too.

firetech
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redefined301 View Post
d14b0ll0s:
Do you know the specific voltage setting / configurations coming out of the usb line?
Is it 16V and how does it distinguish between 16V and 5V on the single USB cable.
For example does the voltage cable go on different lines for 16V and 5V for the TF700?
Or is it 16/5V dual switchable on the same power cable?
I'm asking this is because there's interest to charge the tablet by using alternative methods such as mobile battery with 16V setting.
If so, then does a DC to USB cable be suffice for the job? Or is the cable wired differently as proprietary ASUS?
First of all, the charger gives 15V, not 16V. Avoid giving your tablet too much voltage as that can kill it...

Secondly, the included cable is a USB 3.0 cable and therefore has 5 extra pins (you can see them if you look straight into the USB plug). These extra pins are used to get 15V from the charger. I don't know exactly how that works, but I guess the tablet tells the charger it wants 15V over the power lines (same power lines as 5V) rather than the charger giving 15V over these extra pins (because that could be devastating to other USB 3.0 gadgets). This is why the tablet won't charge if you insert an old (USB 1.0 or 2.0) extension cable between the charger and the tablet.

watwat1234
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hey I'm running with wifi on during sleep and I seem to get great battery performance (2% loss over 11 hr standby). No build.pro tweaks so no deep asleep our anything like that. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten similar performance?

I thought it was interesting because the results were the opposite on my tf300t, and my usage pattern hasn't changed much between the two devices.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Fabipro
Old
(Last edited by Fabipro; 9th August 2012 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by watwat1234 View Post
Hey I'm running with wifi on during sleep and I seem to get great battery performance (2% loss over 11 hr standby). No build.pro tweaks so no deep asleep our anything like that. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten similar performance?
Same here. Battery life on deep sleep with WLAN is great!

But I think the Infinity needs a lot of power while reading news, tapatalk, Reader HD..
Not more than 4 hours Screen On Time!
And that with balanced mode and 50% brightness.

Any problems with the fifth companion core?

PS: Is there an app which shows the activity of the different cores?

FAbi
Gesendet von meinem ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T mit Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 4: & Hells-Core

polish_pat
Old
(Last edited by polish_pat; 9th August 2012 at 08:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 338

DONATE TO ME
this is crazy, i got my tablet on monday, used it about 3-4 hours restoring all my apps and signing in to everything, and i havent used it much since but today, i'm still at 76%, havent plugged it in it or docked it. I also forgot to mention my dad played with it a bit also...prob about 1 hour